Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124168 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2022, 01:06:55 PM »
Yeah, we all need to get our rides in on FITH before August. Typical pattern is that they make the announcement in August and close for demolition shortly after. They didn't give much time after they announced Geyser Gulch was closing for people to enjoy it one last time. No reason to believe they'll make a big show of FITH's goodbye either since they'll want people to focus on what is coming instead of what is going away.

Since they are not building the new FITH where the old one stands would they need to close the old one before the end of the season?
I'm Your Huckleberry

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2022, 08:47:08 AM »
I saw a well-known SDC employee make a reference on Facebook awhile back about SDC having auctions from time-to-time. What is the possibility that the general public could buy "artifacts" from FITH? I would love having something from that ride.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Yeah, we all need to get our rides in on FITH before August. Typical pattern is that they make the announcement in August and close for demolition shortly after. They didn't give much time after they announced Geyser Gulch was closing for people to enjoy it one last time. No reason to believe they'll make a big show of FITH's goodbye either since they'll want people to focus on what is coming instead of what is going away.

Since they are not building the new FITH where the old one stands would they need to close the old one before the end of the season?

They would if the rumor is true about them building a new train station in the area is true, assuming they would also do that for 2023 and not make that a 2024 project. I'm sure they would want to start razing the area ASAP since it will take so much work to get everything ready. We'll see what happens, I just wouldn't count on being able to ride it all the way through the end of the year.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2022, 05:53:08 PM »
^ Wishful thinking on my part.  It would be great to have it open during OTC if the weather shuts the other rides down.
I'm Your Huckleberry

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2022, 11:47:23 PM »
The Fire in the Hole specific 2022 job listing goes through the end of the season. Not that they couldn’t transfer them to another position later, but on the surface, this looks like it will be open all season. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
^ Great!  Thanks for posting that.
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2022, 08:54:40 PM »
I saw a well-known SDC employee make a reference on Facebook awhile back about SDC having auctions from time-to-time. What is the possibility that the general public could buy "artifacts" from FITH? I would love having something from that ride.

Now, what would you possibly do with that picture of the guy with his foot hanging out? :o
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »
They’ve started to pour concrete for the foundation of the new building/area

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:05 PM »

Only new loop would be Western area to Opry House.  The only loop that FL will see is around Lake Silver when that pathway is open. 

FITH 2.0 is in Shad’s parking lot which is directly across the tracks from the kiddie drop tower and parallel to the Firehouse Playhouse.

Are you saying there will be a complete loop/pathway around the lake so Fireman's landing isn't a dead end?

Connecting Opry House to Western Area isn't much of a loop but seems rather more of a connection.  Hopefully it will bring more traffic to the out of the way Outlaw Run.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »
Are you saying there will be a complete loop/pathway around the lake so Fireman's landing isn't a dead end?

The loop around Lake Silver was open part of the 2021 season.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:35:56 PM by mg »

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2022, 03:02:47 PM »

Whoa!  I did not know about this path.  Looks very nice.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2022, 04:07:40 PM »
In regard to construction. I'm hearing reports that concrete is being poured...which means that vertical construction should be going up fairly soon (depending on cure, strength requirements, etc.).

I'm wondering if SDC will try to keep everything secret by wrapping the interior construction by building the outside walls of the structure first then placing track on the inside? Are there any locals that can give a drive by sometime to let us know what they see?

Jay

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2022, 03:00:17 PM »
Any updates? I’m dying here!
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2022, 07:45:04 PM »
Any updates? I’m dying here!
They've gone "vertical" now, they've started doing concrete walls above the foundation towards the highway on the building.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2022, 12:13:14 PM »

What did this connect too?  I was unable to see the new ride last year but trying to imagine where this would lead.