Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124244 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2022, 02:21:30 PM »
The loop around Lake Silver was open part of the 2021 season.

What did this connect too?  I was unable to see the new ride last year but trying to imagine where this would lead.

It connects the exit area of Mystic River Falls and the restrooms in Fireman’s Landing.
It it not actually shown on the map in the app.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:23:47 PM by mg »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2022, 09:20:41 PM »
PROJECT 2023 UPDATE = March 16, 2022 (Opening Day)
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/03/project-2023-sdc.html
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2022, 10:04:50 PM »

Nice photo reports, today, Swoosh.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2022, 11:56:02 PM »
Are we thinking that the little swings will be moving to the new peninsula to make way for an entrance to the new ride?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2022, 06:13:21 AM »
Are we thinking that the little swings will be moving to the new peninsula to make way for an entrance to the new ride?

Neither confirming or denying that rumor. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2022, 11:45:50 AM »

Oh look an antique Ford work truck, lol.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2022, 12:14:52 PM »
Well I am happy to see that there will be a splashdown...and...it seems to be in the same location as the one in the current FITH; this gives me some hope that maybe the ride layout will be similar.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2022, 07:07:21 PM »
Thanks for this update Swoosh!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

krash9924

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »
Was at the park yesterday, shocked at the state FITH was in. Most of the ride was completely devoid of any sound or noise. Track was the roughest ever, my kids compared it to the Screaming Eagle or Ninja as far as how you feel after. Sad and shocked to see FITH leave this way...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2022, 09:40:47 PM »
All of the sounds and effects seemed to be working normally to me when I was there this week.

Polarfire

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2022, 05:53:29 PM »
New to this board but a long-time SDC fan/visitor, born in '76 and been going to SDC since 1980. Sad to hear FitH is going away (it's my favorite ride) but I'm not surprised. It was my introduction to roller coasters and was also my daughter's! We have fond memories together there and have season passes so we will enjoy it this last year. I've been saddened that many of the older "legacy" buildings and "easter eggs" around the park have deteriorated and been forgotten. The "ghost trap", the "peep holes", the fireman's cemetery...my daughter's favorite is FM and Grandfather's Mansion which have both lost their luster in my eyes but she loves them (she is 9). I've conveyed my concerns about the park losing its history and charm every year when I receive the questionnaire as a season pass holder. I understand the need to continue to grow and expand to accommodate the growing crowds, attract new visitors, and stay compliant with safety and accessibility but it's all the small details that make it all special. Don't get me started on the loss of SDC made crafts that can be bought for decent prices being replaced by forigen-made trinkets that don't have anything to do with the 1880's.  >:( Anyway, I'm excited to see the new additions and finally be able to walk all the way around Lake Silver!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2022, 08:44:34 PM »
New to this board but a long-time SDC fan/visitor, born in '76 and been going to SDC since 1980. Sad to hear FitH is going away (it's my favorite ride) but I'm not surprised. It was my introduction to roller coasters and was also my daughter's! We have fond memories together there and have season passes so we will enjoy it this last year. I've been saddened that many of the older "legacy" buildings and "easter eggs" around the park have deteriorated and been forgotten. The "ghost trap", the "peep holes", the fireman's cemetery...my daughter's favorite is FM and Grandfather's Mansion which have both lost their luster in my eyes but she loves them (she is 9). I've conveyed my concerns about the park losing its history and charm every year when I receive the questionnaire as a season pass holder. I understand the need to continue to grow and expand to accommodate the growing crowds, attract new visitors, and stay compliant with safety and accessibility but it's all the small details that make it all special. Don't get me started on the loss of SDC made crafts that can be bought for decent prices being replaced by forigen-made trinkets that don't have anything to do with the 1880's.  >:( Anyway, I'm excited to see the new additions and finally be able to walk all the way around Lake Silver!

Welcome to the forum!  You're in the right place, as most of us - the true thematic connoisseurs of SDC - share the opinions you shared.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2022, 04:05:09 PM »
No matter how well they do with the storyline and effects on the new ride.  There will be feeling of lose to SDCs felt about losing the original ride.

Anyone have insights to who is helping building it?  I assume it won't be an SDC maintenance dept original like the first.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2022, 06:59:28 PM »
RMC is doing the powered train car for the ride and presumably the track, while most of the props will be done by SDC M&C.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »
RMC is doing the powered train car for the ride and presumably the track, while most of the props will be done by SDC M&C.

That's great news!!!  Lightning Rod jokes aside.....have they done a project like this before?  SDC get another first time discount from them?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"