Author Topic: Season passes next year....  (Read 8243 times)

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Season passes next year....
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:48:12 PM »
I have been considering getting my season pass back next year after stopping for the covid these last two years. Can anyone tell me 'best guess" if the park should be back to normal (pre covid) full operations by next spring. I just prefer the 1880's atmosphere. All the masks and distancing signs, closed attractions and shows etc take me out of that place. Can't bring myself to walk around there with it looking like a hospital.

I know its hard to predict but with the current surge have they boosted precautions again?

I have no frame of reference, any opinions would help. thanks

Kevin

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Season passes next year....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 10:24:00 PM »
You do realize the park is basically back to normal, right? There’s no mask mandates.  There are no signs.  There’s no social distancing.  They only thing that’s off is the Saloon Show is not in the Saloon and you have to get an reservation for the cave. 
SWOOSH

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 02:49:39 PM »
Hey Swoosh,

Have you heard anything about season pass rollovers.  We didn't get there for the second straight year.  Last year they rolled it over, but I was wondering if it was the same for next year?

Thanks!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 05:31:04 PM »
Hey Swoosh,

Have you heard anything about season pass rollovers.  We didn't get there for the second straight year.  Last year they rolled it over, but I was wondering if it was the same for next year?

Thanks!

Just give them a call.  We've done it several times.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 07:43:34 PM »
Hey Swoosh,

Thanks!

If you did not use your pass you should be able to roll it over.  That’s always been the case in the past
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 05:48:55 PM »
We just rolled over two of our unused season passes to next year.  We have done this a few times, but this year, they charged us $20 for each pass.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 06:38:29 PM »
We just rolled over two of our unused season passes to next year.  We have done this a few times, but this year, they charged us $20 for each pass.

Wow talk about nickle and dimeing. Last time I did that with an unused Six Flags or Cedar Fair pass they did it no questions asked with no extra charge. I could have swore SDC used to be as well. Guess its not the case now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 06:40:46 PM by sdcfan88 »

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 07:51:38 PM »

Wow talk about nickle and dimeing. Last time I did that with an unused Six Flags or Cedar Fair pass they did it no questions asked with no extra charge. I could have swore SDC used to be as well. Guess its not the case now.

I get that there should be a small upcharge for the convenience, service, and the printing of new passes.  I certainly hope that it doesn't go beyond this in the future.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 07:09:57 AM »
When I helped my parents roll over  they charged for the price increase. Pretty sure it says that somewhere on the website.

pintrader

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 11:42:29 AM »
This would be the first year that they did not rollover from one year to the other (free).  It's very possible it could just be the price increase but could also be a management rule of multiple rollovers of the same season pass.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 05:41:12 PM »
This would be the first year that they did not rollover from one year to the other (free).  It's very possible it could just be the price increase but could also be a management rule of multiple rollovers of the same season pass.

Sorry but I rolled over in 2018 and paid the difference in price from that to 2019. It was only a few dollars but I paid it. The same thing when I helped my parents roll over last year to this year. They paid the price increase.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 05:43:37 PM »

Sorry but I rolled over in 2018 and paid the difference in price from that to 2019. It was only a few dollars but I paid it. The same thing when I helped my parents roll over last year to this year. They paid the price increase.

Strangely inconsistent.  We have never had to pay any extra.

pintrader

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 06:45:40 PM »

Strangely inconsistent.  We have never had to pay any extra.

I also rolled over from 2020 to 2021 and did not pay a single penny more.  That I know for a fact so not sure what happened in your situation.  Maybe I just got lucky!  Also, maybe there was no price increase from 20 to 21.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 06:54:42 PM by Pintrader »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 07:43:18 PM »
Our daughter's pass rolled over from 2020 to 2021 with no cost or problems.  But with the covid 19 outbreak and the shorter operating year they probably waived fees for rolling over since so many passholders choose not to go last year.  She did go with us last year in December but since it was her only visit during 2020 we just got her in with a discount ticket.
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 10:23:01 AM »
Well, our attempts to roll over my pass for '23 are coming up as a failure.  Apparently, with the COVID rollover, this would be our third year.  I hadn't imagined the COVID mess would come around to bite us again, but here we are.  They're telling us we can't roll it over, even with a fee, for a third year.  I can't find any rules about it on the website, but there's really nothing we can do about it.  Now we know:  three strikes, you're out - unless that rule changes and they do away with all rollovers in the future.  I mean, it's not like I didn't visit - we used BAFs - but we might have played it a little looser had we known.