Author Topic: I started a petition to save Fire in the Hole  (Read 1464 times)

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
I started a petition to save Fire in the Hole
« on: February 14, 2023, 08:15:33 PM »
Please sign and share!

https://chng.it/8F8hDkhn

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: I started a petition to save Fire in the Hole
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 08:35:37 PM »
Yeah…..no

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 09:07:20 PM »
Oh bless your heart
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 01:19:11 AM »
If SDC listened to us... oh wait, they don't.

pintrader

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 07:34:34 AM »
The only time I can remember a major change reversing is going from an 1880's mining town to the Victorian Age then back.  I don't believe there will quite be the blowback as in that situation which might make a difference.  Nothing wrong with giving it the old college try though!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 09:15:52 AM »
FITH has been on the way out for years. I understand the sentiment, but there's no changing this decision. It's good to let the park know what you like and appreciate though. Hopefully it's not too late to make sure the new ride hits the same notes.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 10:58:33 PM »
FITH has been on the way out for years. I understand the sentiment, but there's no changing this decision. It's good to let the park know what you like and appreciate though. Hopefully it's not too late to make sure the new ride hits the same notes.

Yes. I'd say a more realistic petition is to have SDC ensure they respect the original by saving and reusing/recreating as much of the original ride's theme and scenery as possible and not make it a generic looking ride for the new version being built. It should also keep the wide appeal of the original which is where MRF was a mis-step from the comments I have seen/heard over the past couple years since it opened.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 02:03:04 PM »
^  They know from the video they showed during Monday's announcement (not to mention the long ride wait times!) that a lot of visitors are in love with this ride.  I honestly can't think that they would not add the iconic things (Red Flanders, the oncoming train, Kinney bridge, etc.) to the new ride.  Same with the Flooded Mine.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 09:41:22 PM »

Yes. I'd say a more realistic petition is to have SDC ensure they respect the original by saving and reusing/recreating as much of the original ride's theme and scenery as possible and not make it a generic looking ride for the new version being built. It should also keep the wide appeal of the original which is where MRF was a mis-step from the comments I have seen/heard over the past couple years since it opened.

The only thing that might be brought over is the mural. All the scenery is brand new
SWOOSH