Author Topic: Season passes next year....  (Read 8238 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Season passes next year....
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 02:09:55 PM »
Well, our attempts to roll over my pass for '23 are coming up as a failure.  Apparently, with the COVID rollover, this would be our third year.  I hadn't imagined the COVID mess would come around to bite us again, but here we are.  They're telling us we can't roll it over, even with a fee, for a third year.  I can't find any rules about it on the website, but there's really nothing we can do about it.  Now we know:  three strikes, you're out - unless that rule changes and they do away with all rollovers in the future.  I mean, it's not like I didn't visit - we used BAFs - but we might have played it a little looser had we known.

If you used any part of the pass benefits it counts as a used pass. If You used the BAFs associated with your pass it counts as using the pass so it would be ineligible for rollover.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 02:15:59 PM by runner1960 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 03:40:33 PM »
Well, our attempts to roll over my pass for '23 are coming up as a failure.  Apparently, with the COVID rollover, this would be our third year.  I hadn't imagined the COVID mess would come around to bite us again, but here we are.  They're telling us we can't roll it over, even with a fee, for a third year.  I can't find any rules about it on the website, but there's really nothing we can do about it.  Now we know:  three strikes, you're out - unless that rule changes and they do away with all rollovers in the future.  I mean, it's not like I didn't visit - we used BAFs - but we might have played it a little looser had we known.

If you used any part of the pass benefits it counts as a used pass. If You used the BAFs associated with your pass it counts as using the pass so it would be ineligible for rollover.

We were pretty careful with that.  They said it was the fact that it would be the third year that exempted it from rolling over.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 09:13:28 PM »
If you really did not use the passes at all, and they really refuse to roll them over, then they need to issue a refund.  If not, then I would be done with SDC.  I know I did not buy passes for next year, will reevaluate 2024.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 11:21:01 PM »
If you really did not use the passes at all, and they really refuse to roll them over, then they need to issue a refund.  If not, then I would be done with SDC.  I know I did not buy passes for next year, will reevaluate 2024.

I don't think they are really obligated to refund me.  They did issue a working season pass, and it was not their fault that it was unused.

I won't go into it publicly, but things worked out with my season pass issue.  SDC made it work for us.  I will be sure to use my pass in '23.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2023, 10:11:40 PM »
Good deal!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 07:45:15 AM »
You're a class act, HB!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2023, 10:17:08 AM »
Glad it worked out HB!

On the subject of season passes, I just ordered mine and saw that they are requiring a photo now for the first time.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2023, 12:59:00 PM »
Sounds like they are going to the same physical (if you actually want one) passes as Dollywood. I believe that I also saw that since passes will have photos, IDs wont be required either.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2023, 02:28:28 PM »
Glad it worked out HB!

On the subject of season passes, I just ordered mine and saw that they are requiring a photo now for the first time.

We purchased our season passes near the end of November.  We had never did the digital ones before and I asked a woman working Guest Relations about them when we went in December.  She said the first time you visit they will take your photo for the passes.
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 09:57:44 AM »
Received ours in the mail.  Same ol' passes.  Is there an upcharge to turn them into digital?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2023, 10:45:52 AM »
Received ours in the mail.  Same ol' passes.  Is there an upcharge to turn them into digital?

How strange, I didn't get offered an option to choose on the site. I had to go digital with the QR code thing. Though I decided to renew mine at the last minute as I seriously thought abut skipping out for '23, dunno if that was a factor.

pintrader

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2023, 10:54:27 AM »

How strange, I didn't get offered an option to choose on the site. I had to go digital with the QR code thing. Though I decided to renew mine at the last minute as I seriously thought abut skipping out for '23, dunno if that was a factor.

We renewed in early December and also had no choice but digital.  Also wanted us to upload a picture at the time of purchase with no mention of a picture being taken at first visit.  Maybe take a picture first visit if no upload of one.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2023, 11:24:32 AM »

We renewed in early December and also had no choice but digital.  Also wanted us to upload a picture at the time of purchase with no mention of a picture being taken at first visit.  Maybe take a picture first visit if no upload of one.

Ditto but since we ordered ours on the SDC website we weren't even asked to upload a picture.
I'm Your Huckleberry

pintrader

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2023, 12:37:55 PM »
Ditto but since we ordered ours on the SDC website we weren't even asked to upload a picture.

We also ordered ours on the SDC website and they gave us that option.......Hmmm.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2023, 01:33:17 PM »
Website didn't give us an option either - digital delivery only.

Also when I was at the park, I talked to a ticket clerk about purchasing for 2023 and they advised me to go online and do it on there because I could see all my purchase options better. I'm now wondering if that was because they want to do it all virtually now? Anyhow, looking forward to the first visit in 2023.