Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146123 times)

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »
Saw that Mystic River Falls does have a max height limit of 6'5". I don't know if that is temporary or not but its pretty dissapointing in my opinion. I barely meet it (I'm 6'3") but my friend is 6'7" so he wont be able to ride when we go down.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2020, 07:54:29 AM »
Saw that Mystic River Falls does have a max height limit of 6'5". I don't know if that is temporary or not but its pretty dissapointing in my opinion. I barely meet it (I'm 6'3") but my friend is 6'7" so he wont be able to ride when we go down.

Tell your buddy to bend his knees a little,
slump his shoulders,
wear tennis shoes with thin soles,
And No hat
LOL, 
he will be fine..!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2020, 08:29:15 AM »
And:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-WO-eIMZw

It appears that the spin at the top of the flume has been deleted?  Am I seeing that right?

I don't get all the blue lights, however.

pintrader

« Reply #378 on: July 07, 2020, 08:56:06 AM »
It doesn't appear all that wet.  Maybe with weight in the boat?

I don't get all the blue lights, however.

I am a little shocked about how wet you appear to get also, especially at the plunge.  Like you say "Maybe with weight in the boat".

Does have a lot of blue lights......that surely is just for appearance during night riding.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #379 on: July 07, 2020, 01:00:14 PM »
Interesting POV indeed. Too bad they didn't go all out to rebuild the cave structure like the old ride considering it's themed to the cave. The rest of the landscaping work is fantastic though and I do like the "mine shaft" segment. But I guess there's always Fury Of The Nile up at WOF to get the "cave" experience still. Also am I seeing it correctly that they added blue dye to the water?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:24:28 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #380 on: July 07, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
It does look amazing, despite all our fandom quibbles about what we would do differently. The first half is pristine with all the natural rock.

The ride experience looks fantastic. It seems much more aggressive than the old LR.

Hopefully a home run for them. Like sdcfan88 keeps mentioning though, you wonder if this new plunge will take the place of the American plunge eventually. I'm sure they'd love to open that area up to something else.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 07, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
It really looks like they have hit a home run with this one. With the lighting it will be a amazing experience in the dark to ride and just appreciate the visuals if you are a non rider.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 07, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
Did it look like it was moving incredibly fast to anyone else? yet even with it moving that fast is still a very long ride

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 07, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »
I would not be surprised if they use this to also replace AP.  I never thought about it before but yet, the building should have been a cave.  Oh well, still looks fun.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #384 on: July 07, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
I would not be surprised if they use this to also replace AP.  I never thought about it before but yet, the building should have been a cave.  Oh well, still looks fun.

AP won’t be replaced anytime soon
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 07, 2020, 11:12:43 PM »
And:

Absolutely nothing in that video makes me want to ride it.

I know I'm a "What would Miss Mary say?" curmudgeon, but that looks boring and without any relevant theming.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #386 on: July 07, 2020, 11:44:28 PM »
And:

Absolutely nothing in that video makes me want to ride it.

I know I'm a "What would Miss Mary say?" curmudgeon, but that looks boring and without any relevant theming.

To be fair, the ride it replaces lost its theme.  In fact, the theme was barely there to begin with.  Hopefully, MRF at least has a soundtrack to help it along.  We know the story behind the idea of the ride, but the question remains:  how much theming is in the queue?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2020, 12:45:34 AM »
Hopefully, MRF at least has a soundtrack to help it along.

If you listen closely you can hear the New Orleans Jazz Music playing in the background though that might be exclusively for the new BBQ place. Other than that, I don't think there is one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:34:39 AM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2020, 09:40:51 AM »

Good to hear.  Though I agree it needs some upgrading it would be foolish to replace 2 water rides with 1 new one.  By keeping the American Plunge after adding MRF will help keep the waiting time down on both rides.
I'm Your Huckleberry

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 08, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »
I would assume that all future plans are fluid at this point. Any new ride is a huge investment and with the park closure earlier this year and now the low attendance numbers...I would expect they will be very conservative with their planned spending.