Author Topic: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 64101 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2021, 02:39:46 PM »
If they make any changes to the Saloon it will no longer be grandfathered and will have to comply with ADA standards

Not exactly. There is no "grandfather clause".

All places of public access must comply with the 1991 ADA standards. Modifications after March 15, 2012, must comply with the 2010 ADA standards.

https://adata.org/faq/if-i-am-altering-or-doing-addition-my-building-can-i-still-follow-older-1991-ada-standards

Thank you for proving my point
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2021, 08:01:15 PM »
If they make any changes to the Saloon it will no longer be grandfathered and will have to comply with ADA standards

All places of public access must comply with the 1991 ADA standards. Modifications after March 15, 2012, must comply with the 2010 ADA standards.

https://adata.org/faq/if-i-am-altering-or-doing-addition-my-building-can-i-still-follow-older-1991-ada-standards

Your "point" was that any changes have to comply with current ADA standards, and that's not true.

But, you're always right, we're always wrong, you always know better, blahblahblah.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2021, 01:22:36 PM »
It looks like the current plan is that Dickens' will return with new music, there will be a new Broadway style show called Home for Christmas and the Saloon show will return to the saloon for Christmas.

silverdollarcity.com/News/10-Reasons-To-Visit-Fall-and-Christmas

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2021, 03:19:30 PM »
Very cool. Glad to see it's official, and the extra show is a nice surprise. Will be weird without the Wallace's though, so whatever casting they do to replace them will make or break the show.

Just hope they have enough staff for all this...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2021, 06:25:17 AM »

Your "point" was that any changes have to comply with current ADA standards, and that's not true.

But, you're always right, we're always wrong, you always know better, blahblahblah.

Well in this case, you *ARE* wrong. I never once stated “current” in my post.  Now *YOU* did and therein lies the issue. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2021, 06:25:45 AM »
It looks like the current plan is that Dickens' will return with new music, there will be a new Broadway style show called Home for Christmas and the Saloon show will return to the saloon for Christmas.

Good
SWOOSH

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2021, 09:25:53 AM »

Good

Looking forward to it!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2021, 03:12:29 PM »
There is a new light pole at the top of paid parking. It looks to have some network equipment at the top. I really appreciate that they used a nice looking light pole and not the standard wooden pole (not in the photo, the the base has some ornamental design to the base).

We also noticed that there has been quite a bit of grit material added down the hills from the square. Is this something that is done every fall? I don't remember it in the past. I assume that it is to add traction for the winter.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 03:14:53 PM by mg »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
I have been told by several people that one of TT's trains was sold to Plopsaland for ride to Happiness. Not sure what they were thinking, but perhaps they were offered a bunch of money for it and will replace it later? I feel like supply chain issues probably had something to do with it.

Regarding the post about SDC selling back one of Time Traveler's trains to MACK. Looks like this might indeed be it in action on "The Ride to Happiness" at Plopsaland De Panne. I noticed the trains and some of the theming here looks identical too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOZESuLZR4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 08:00:06 AM by sdcfan88 »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2021, 04:01:27 AM »
Ha Ha, NO. All 3 trains are still there. They haven't, nor would, sell any trains to another park.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »
Ha Ha, NO. All 3 trains are still there. They haven't, nor would, sell any trains to another park.

Agrred.!!   The Steam Engine Trains that SDC owns now, wont be going anywhere.   

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2021, 03:22:23 PM »
They are talking about the rumor/news that SDC sold one of the Time Traveler coaster trains, NOT one of the steam trains.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2021, 10:02:22 AM »
If the third train is still around, it must be/have been in pieces most of this season. That rumor started when we didn't see the third train anymore and the exact same trains popped up at Plopsaland. I definitely believed it. Not like SDC has been trying to run multiple trains on anything very often for the past couple of years, and parts for anything are impossible to come by these days.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »
Every coaster but TT is running two trains today.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2021, 07:39:57 PM »
That's fantastic news. Time Traveler is the one that needs it most unfortunately, but it is what it is. The park reached capacity today from the sounds of it, so I'm glad they are trying to get everything running at peak capacity again.