Author Topic: 2018 Meet ups..  (Read 14500 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
2018 Meet ups..
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »
@ Cheeseheads,   When is your first trip down scheduled?  Hope to see you both.!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 2018 Meet ups..
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Who else is going to be there St. Pat's/Opening weekend?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
I'm hoping to be but still ironing out details on season pass, transportation, and potential other trips.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:11 AM »
The wife and I will be.
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Sanddune, don't know for sure when we can come down.....there is still  a lot of lawyering from Bob's car accident.....the other guys estate is being troublesome. Bob also has been doctoring all along. He has some ongoing medical issues from that accident. We will try to get down sometime in the early part of June.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Sanddune, don't know for sure when we can come down.....there is still  a lot of lawyering from Bob's car accident.....the other guys estate is being troublesome. Bob also has been doctoring all along. He has some ongoing medical issues from that accident. We will try to get down sometime in the early part of June.

Good luck with the attorney situation, as well as Bob's health...  Tell him Hello from me...,  Keep in touch.!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:10 AM »
I wont be there opening weekend, but am scheduled for following weekend which happens to be my birthday weekend.. 
So extra day maybe,  couple of shows, some adult beverages, Sdc to see the new stuff.!!  Should be a good weekend...  Hopefully will be above freezing!!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:33 PM »
We will be there opening weekend but do not know what day yet. 
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Looks like we'll be there Friday of opening weekend to pick up our passes and visit the park. Still waiting to hear when the media day will be for Time Traveler as well.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
Will be there opening day....hoping Time Traveler will be open!!! Will also be there Friday the 16th.

missouripapa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 03:38:41 PM »
I'm taking my granddaughters down for opening day.  Anybody have experience on how crowded it will be?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 04:48:29 PM »
I'm taking my granddaughters down for opening day.  Anybody have experience on how crowded it will be?

If it's like Opening Day for Outlaw Run the crowds should be insane.  Depends on the weather though.
I'm Your Huckleberry

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »
I figured they would be insane. Wife and I are coming from Jonesboro. Hoping the weather plays out nicely.
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »

If it's like Opening Day for Outlaw Run the crowds should be insane.  Depends on the weather though.

As I recall, when Outlaw Run opened, it started the weekend (looked it up and it's opening day was a Friday).  SDC's opening day this year, along with Time Traveler, is a Wednesday.  That's going to have a pretty big impact on how many people will be there.  I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as crowded or busy for it as it was when Outlaw Run opened.

Will there be a crowd?  Very likely.  But probably not huge, at least on the Weds and maybe Thursday.  But expect the Fri-Sun opening weekend to be a very crowded mess unless the weather intervenes.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 04:43:15 PM »

As I recall, when Outlaw Run opened, it started the weekend (looked it up and it's opening day was a Friday).  SDC's opening day this year, along with Time Traveler, is a Wednesday.  That's going to have a pretty big impact on how many people will be there.  I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as crowded or busy for it as it was when Outlaw Run opened.

Will there be a crowd?  Very likely.  But probably not huge, at least on the Weds and maybe Thursday.  But expect the Fri-Sun opening weekend to be a very crowded mess unless the weather intervenes.

I was there the first sunday outlaw run was open. IT was COLD, trying to snow, nothing was running,  by noon there had only been 250 people in the gate.!..   
Hopefully same thing wont happen this year..