Author Topic: SF StL  (Read 19491 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: SF StL
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
The parks I remember from my childhood are Six Flags/St. Louis, SDC, Jesse James Territory, Opryland, Dogpatch, Six Guns West and Silver Springs (both in Florida) Chain of Rocks Amusement Park at St. Louis, and Kaintuck Territory. If you have got photos of any other parks from the 1960s, 1970s, or 1980s, post them, please! I'd love to see them. Maybe we ought to start a thread with Six Flags St. Louis shots...I've got some old brochures, maps, and so on some of you might like to see, plus an old map of Dogpatch and a map of Opryland from the mid-70s.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
Being from StL I have a big collection of maps, flyers etc from SF StL. I will try to post some here periodically. I would love to see a close up of the map from DP.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15:25 AM »
That would be terrific rube! ;D

I knew you were a Silver Dollar City history buff, but you are really amazing me with all of these other antidotes, and pictures you are pulling out of a hat.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:01 AM »
OK! Let's jump into the time machine and travel back to the 1970's! Posted on my Flickr site are the following: 1) 1973 Brochure for SIX FLAGS OVER MID AMERICA 2) 1977 Map Detail of SIX FLAGS, and
3) 1976 Map Detail of OPRYLAND USA Hope you all enjoy! (But I admit, I can hardly wait til Rube posts some of his Six Flags stuff here for all of us to see!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan

Look at the back cover shot of the 73 Six Flags brochure. Can you imagine a whole day of fun back then for that admission price!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
IN case you haven't seen these earlier in the posts...

Log Flume-still there but only with one flume now

Mine Train more than likely the one removed to go to various other parks, now residing in Arkansas-Magic Springs-sky way in Background removed in 81' after 3 deaths from a falling car :-\

Yah this looks safe!!-needless to say it is gone now removed in 82'