Author Topic: SF StL  (Read 19490 times)

sdcforever

Re: SF StL
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
I remember the Chevy Show as well.  I also went on a similar attraction at Disney World in 1992; it was a motion simulator ride.

It'd be great if SF brought back the Chevy Show!

sdcforever

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
SixFlagsStLouis.net has a page of photos up depicting the construction of the new Wahoo Racer slide and the nicely repainted Mr. Freeze.  Check 'em out!
http://sixflagsstlouis.net/component/option,com_morfeoshow/gallery,2/task,view/

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »
I was at SFSTL last week as a chaperone on a field trip and took over 200 photos

The rest can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32289589@N05/sets/72157618792986895/
I am headed back tomorrow for yet another school field trip...ahh the downfalls of being a teacher!

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
Has anything changed much in the past couple of years? It's been a while since I've gone.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
Not alot has changed in recent years just new things were added every year. This years new addition was the WaHoo Racer and a night "glow" parade (I am envisioning like Disneys Light parade scaled down even though I have not yet seen the parade). Last year they added the Evel Knievel wooden roller coaster above the Moon Cars (this is probably one of my favorite wooden coasters). The year before that they added Tony Hawk's Big Spin where the Robin Hood Show/Dolphin Area once was. In 2006 Superman Tower of Power was relocated from Six Flags Astroworld. In 2005 The Tornado was added to Hurricane Harbor. Xcalibur was relocated from Six Flags Great Adventure in 2003... So it is worth a trip if you haven't been in a while.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
Wow, that is a lot of changes since I've been there. It's probably actually been around five years or so, so I should go sometime soon.

sdcforever

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
SF StL suffered a power outage earlier this week at closing time and it took over an hour for people to be evacuated from the rides.  Read more about it here:  http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-six-flags-power-061709,0,1212730.story

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 11:22:25 AM »
SF StL suffered a power outage earlier this week at closing time and it took over an hour for people to be evacuated from the rides.  Read more about it here:  http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-six-flags-power-061709,0,1212730.story

Wow, would have sucked to be on top of the ferris wheel.

sdcforever

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »
Just a little rumor to report.  Screamscape reports that sources tell them that the new Gerstlauer trains from SFKK (SF Kentucky Kingdom) may have been brought to the park as replacement units for The Screamin’ Eagle, which is due for a major rehab over this coming off-season.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
I road the Screamin' Eagle last year on what was rumored to be one of the last days it would be up and running before the rehab, but they DID bring it back for this year. I rode it twice this year on 2 separate occasions, and it was a SCARY ride simply for the fact that it is in dire need of work. Despite un-needed changes over the years I have attended, changes drops, banked turns, etc., This classic, out and back, figure-8 wooden coaster debuted at Six Flags St. Louis in 1976 CANNOT be lost to neglect. Screamin' Eagle at one time held the Guinness World Records for tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster debuted . It at one time held the Guinness World Records for tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster. For those that do not know...it is an out and back, figure-8 wooden coaster. It is merely a shell of its' former self. Though there is maintenance on the old coaster, it doesn't even come close to what it once was. I would guess that it doesn't even break 60mph (it was touted after they put in new cars that it ran 70+). My best memory is in 94' when they ran the coaster so you went backwards (much like Georgia's Scream Machine in 93'). Now with Eval Knieval in the park, and the boss (both woodies) I hope they do The Screamin' Eagle justice this off-season, these harsh past 33 years have been rough but it can be saved.

a decomishioned car (with the newer seats)

the original signage for the ride
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:37:40 AM by rubedugans »

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
This one I just figured out today (it might be old news to some of you). SF-StL has The River King Mine Train which debuted in 1971 as a duo along with another Arrow Coaster, that was removed in 88' to make way for Ninja. It was relocated to Dollywood as Thunder Express and placed next to Blazing Fury (the FITH type ride) in 1989, then removed from DW in 1998 to make room for the Tennessee Tornado. It was nearly scrapped, but then in 2002 it was sold to Magic Springs and Crystal Falls in Arkansas and is running as "Big Bad John". Funny how these things change hands!

sdcforever

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:38 AM »
^^I, too, love The Screamin' Eagle!  It is one of my all-time favorite coasters, so I really hope they do it justice with the off-season rehab.

sdcforever

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 09:57:24 AM »
It appears SF StL has become a dumping ground, as they've received another odd delivery from SF Kentucky Kingdom.  The drop cars from SFKK’s infamous Superman drop tower (Formerly: Hellivator), have been delivered. We can only assume that the cars will be used for spare parts, and that the cables will not be used. ;)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
AT the flea market I also found these gems of SF StL... it was worth $1.50

Log Flume-still there but only with one flume now

Mine Train more than likely the one removed to go to various other parks, now residing in Arkansas-Magic Springs-sky way in Background removed in 81' after 3 deaths from a falling car :-\

Yah this looks safe!!-needless to say it is gone now removed in 82'

sdcforever

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
^Wow! :D  Those are great and what a bargain, too!  Thanks for posting!