What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217172 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
^^Thanks for the photo Laroy. Good spot!

One way or another, something is definitely happening all around EH.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
Dive Coaster is 2020.  YouTube SheiKra, Griffon and Valravn to see the type of airtime these coasters produce.

Amazing you know the results of the survey and seen the bill of sale for the 2020 ride. Outstanding work!

I'm not sure what's cuter.   Your lame attempt at being savage.  OR  You thinking the results of that survey matters.

Maybe you and I should start a change.org petition for our prefered coaster. You are familiar with those right?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:02:18 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2016, 08:03:07 PM »
^^Thanks for the photo Laroy. Good spot!

One way or another, something is definitely happening all around EH.

Call it the Dolby Coaster because it's all around you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
Found these red marker flags next to the line for the swings. There are red flag markers all around the outside of the swings, in the forbidden area. I also saw the red marker flags going down to Echo Hollow, where I am now. They were playing good music earlier, so I know this will be a good show.

Red means electric (for what it's worth)
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2016, 08:59:24 PM »
Dive Coaster is 2020.  YouTube SheiKra, Griffon and Valravn to see the type of airtime these coasters produce.

Amazing you know the results of the survey and seen the bill of sale for the 2020 ride. Outstanding work!

I'm not sure what's cuter.   Your lame attempt at being savage.  OR  You thinking the results of that survey matters.

Maybe you and I should start a change.org petition for our prefered coaster. You are familiar with those right?

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sounds like this could escalate and get someone suspended if it continues.  Let's try to keep things civilized and stay on topic.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2016, 12:28:40 PM »
So now that were starting to really see Markers and what not when do we think we will start seeing some actual ground moving? It's starting to get exciting! ;D
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
For some reason I want to say late may/june? Impossible to know the schedule especially when we have no idea what this entails, but that seems to have become a typical start time for really early stage work. Hard to say if the surveying means they'll start work soon - I've seen some sites sit for ages after being surveyed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:07:57 PM by shavethewhales »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2016, 05:26:29 PM »
Did we guess early and close enough on Outlaw Run that they're being more tight-lipped on this one?
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »
Since it is still presumed to likely be a B&M, does anyone on here remember the time frame from when Wildfire was being plotted and actual construction began?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
I asked some employees if they saw any red marker flags. They said they never heard about a coaster next year. They thought it would be the year for ride upkeep/clean up, but I know they cleaned up a lot this year including rides.

I saw the Talking Picture in Flooded Mine is still not working. I asked Sarg (Manager of Flooded Mine) about it and he said they dont have enough money to fix it.....even though they have $40 million for a new coaster....It looks to me that Flooded Mine will probably be the location of the 2020 ride, and they will have a big celebration for it. Ive heard several people say it before: It is slowly disappearing. I think they put the new roof on it this year just so it will be able to last 3 more years. There was also no music playing at all in there and I dont think it will be playing again.

Today I saw they moved the Flooded Mine picture thing down a few feet from the entrance. In its place is this building. I looked under the flap and there is nothing but pieces of wood inside. Not sure what they are putting here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:14:34 PM by Laroy »

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »
Man, that absolutely sucks about FM.  They have plenty of money to "fix it"....they just don't want to.  How sad that the PTB are losing touch.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2016, 10:15:36 PM »
As of right now, FM will make its 50th anniversary.  The "plot" rumored to be the place for the 2020 addition is over by PK and WF.   
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »
I too will have to respectfully disagree with the idea of its imminent demise. When I filmed my ride-thru video back in March the ride experience to me was the best its been in many years. The props, lighting and effects were greatly improved. Even the music was playing during my visit.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »
Well the sound didn't work from the saw mill room to the end last time I rode.  The dynamite room sound hasn't worked both times I've been there this year. The animatronic in the load station was working the last time I was there.  Can't remember the last time I saw it working
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2016, 11:27:58 PM »
Hope this is okay to post here, but I found this interesting tidbit regarding the 2017 coaster posted on the TPR forums. Apparently employees are now being being told that they will have to start parking elsewhere to make way for the construction staging. The first signs of construction activity on the plotted site will probably start showing up by the middle of next month I bet.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162&start=3880
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:31:40 PM by sdcfan88 »