What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217280 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
I know you can see the coasters from outside the park.....the Branson West Mickey D's has a great view of the OR drop. 

PK, WF, and OR all still feel like you are in the woods when you ride them because they mostly face out over the hills and lake.....not back toward the town.  TnT really feels like a trip through the woods.....you really have to be looking to notice Indian Pt road.....or for that matter for people on Indian Pt to notice that the track is right there behind the trees.  None of them have any moments when the track drops 'into' a parking lot or runs next to an outside road like is common at almost all other amusement parks outside of Disney.  Stuff like that is what helps SDC stay special. 

and to those points....GE is the only themed area in SDC where having a giga type of coaster run around the area might make sense for its themeing.  Could you imagine a modern coaster track running around the entrance or town square area?  That would kill the theme.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »
They can make room for anything, but if they were going to go the route of making something really huge like a giga coaster then I doubt they would put it here. If they ever get a hyper/giga coaster, I'm sure they'll want to use the landscape on the other side of the park to their advantage. Plus, I don't think they'll want to spend $30 - $40 million on a giga since they seem to be looking into adding another major coaster soon after in 2020.

If they want national attention, maybe there will be some sort of gimmick involved...

Could that 40 million be 20 million for coaster and 20 million for Echo relocation and kiddie ride shuffling.

The coaster will be at the $20M mark.  That's the one thing that has remained constant with all the rumors. 

I would be surprised if EH is moved this year as they have another pressing project in mind and I think if they did that project, the coaster and EH - that would stretch the local contractors too much.  I'm having issues with how they'll get the coaster and the other project done before opening next year as is. 
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
I know you can see the coasters from outside the park.....the Branson West Mickey D's has a great view of the OR drop. 

PK, WF, and OR all still feel like you are in the woods when you ride them because they mostly face out over the hills and lake.....not back toward the town.  TnT really feels like a trip through the woods.....you really have to be looking to notice Indian Pt road.....or for that matter for people on Indian Pt to notice that the track is right there behind the trees.  None of them have any moments when the track drops 'into' a parking lot or runs next to an outside road like is common at almost all other amusement parks outside of Disney.  Stuff like that is what helps SDC stay special. 

and to those points....GE is the only themed area in SDC where having a giga type of coaster run around the area might make sense for its themeing.  Could you imagine a modern coaster track running around the entrance or town square area?  That would kill the theme.

In my opinion, we don't have to worry about them running a coaster track through or around the town square because they haven't ever done that. All of their major ride additions have been on the outskirts of the park to keep the city feel going. Let's give the PTB some credit! They do extremely well keeping up with the Ozark theme while also keeping up with the times. I don't think we have any reason to worry about it because they've never given me any reason to worry about it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
I really do trust that they will do a great job on this.....but this is the closest new coaster addition we've had to the center/front of the park in a long time.  Just something to talk about I guess.  If it was going back between WF and OR I'm not sure what I could worry (complain) about....lol.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »
I just hope ThuNderaTion doesn't get put on the chopping block. I consider it a staple/icon of SDC. Plus it is the best Arrow Mine Train Coaster in the world.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:47:39 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2016, 03:46:23 PM »
I just hope ThuNderaTion doesn't get put on the chopping block. I consider it a staple/icon of SDC. Plus it is the best Arrow Mine Train Coaster in the world.

Nothing I've heard has led me to believe that TNT is in trouble.  It just got a new entry arch this year. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:13:58 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2016, 03:51:31 PM »
They could shorten the TnT queue if they needed the room....lol.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »
They could shorten the TnT queue if they needed the room....lol.

This I wouldn't mind.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:24 PM »
Dollywood's new coaster is located in a more "city-ish" part of that park, and they've handled that by making the station area huge with architecture that really highlights and compliments the entire area. The coaster is visible, but mostly tucked behind. The station is basically in two parts with a small service station that serves as the gift shop and entry in front and a large antique warehouse looking building in the back for the actual station. This setup keeps the ambiance mostly in tact, but highlights the coaster just enough that the huge investment and main attraction isn't hidden from the guests. I know we'd prefer if you never actually saw the coaster until you got to the station, but it doesn't make sense to hide a signature attraction.

It's just one of those things where you can't stop the ambiance from getting more amusement park-ish, but you can demand a high standard so that it's at least unique and immersive to some degree.

Also, just throwing this out there, but what if they simply open this area up for more eating space and an observation deck, while the coaster station is over closer to the bug rides? That was the big rumor a few years ago - that there were markings around that area and that a coaster would go there. That's why people keep talking about the bug rides maybe being moved somewhere else.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »
Well there are markers there - hard to photograph though.   I think we all thought the station would be there because of those markers, never stopping to think that it would only be the course going over there - not origination of the ride. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2016, 03:10:37 PM »
I know a "Dive Coaster" is one of the many rumors.  I've never rode one....do they typically have air time?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
Dive Coaster is 2020.  YouTube SheiKra, Griffon and Valravn to see the type of airtime these coasters produce. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
Dive Coaster is 2020.  YouTube SheiKra, Griffon and Valravn to see the type of airtime these coasters produce.

Amazing you know the results of the survey and seen the bill of sale for the 2020 ride. Outstanding work!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »
Found these red marker flags next to the line for the swings. There are red flag markers all around the outside of the swings, in the forbidden area. I also saw the red marker flags going down to Echo Hollow, where I am now. They were playing good music earlier, so I know this will be a good show.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:55:36 PM by Laroy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:28 PM »

Amazing you know the results of the survey and seen the bill of sale for the 2020 ride. Outstanding work!

I'm not sure what's cuter.   Your lame attempt at being savage.  OR  You thinking the results of that survey matters. 
SWOOSH