What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219052 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »
Oh there is PLENTY of room for a giga! This ride could feasably run out and behind Firemans Landing as well!

That's correct,  don't forget about the firemans landing area.... ;D

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
Or it could be the Worlds First B&M Launched Inverted Coaster! I couldn't be sad about that! ;p
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »
Just My humble opinion but I would love to see what RMC could do in this area with the new T-Rex track. HFE has a history with RMC so maybe it is not to far of a pie in the sky dream.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2016, 01:31:42 PM »
Lol so much for my hopes that HFEC gets with GCI to rebuild a modified OzCat near the Expo. (I posted the concept in the long term thread)
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3274.120

I will guess if this is supposed to be big and a national attention getter I think it will be a launched (and maybe also a first ever inverted) wing coaster with a 200 foot drop and a ride length of 4000+ feet.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:10:14 PM by sdcfan88 »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »
You all really think SDC will put in another launched coaster when we already have PK?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2016, 02:11:07 PM »
We already have multiple chain lifts?  What's wrong with having multiple launches in the same park?  That comment doesn't make sense except I think your point is that we don't have any proof that it will be a launch?

I also assume that the Invert or winged rumors come directly from the thought that it has to be a B&M and those are the only types B&M make that would be new.

I'm not sure I'd want a launched invert?  What elements would you have after an invert launch?

I'm not sure about a winged coaster either based on reviews of the other winged rides.....seem to have mediocre review from the coaster communities.  Maybe ours could take the best of the best that have already been built?

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »
It could in theory combine the size of the Banshee invert with the launch aspect of Thunderbird. The park never fails with the theming so they could very well construct a large mineshaft or tunnel into the hillside (hence ThuNderaTion) or some kind of tower for the coaster to fly through as a keyhole element.

On a side note it is interesting to point out that there is nothing like Wildfire on the B&M website. Looks like it was actually a hybrid of a floorless and a standard sitting coaster. I wonder what that is all about.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:05:06 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
Before anyone lets their imagination run too wild, I'll remind you that this discussion is all based on hearsay.  ;)

I don't think there's any reason to do a launched B&M invert. The B&M invert design is fun for tight elements close to the ground, but otherwise it encapsulates riders so much that it spoils some of the effects of a launch or high speeds. Plus there already are launched inverts from other manufacturers, so it wouldn't be anything specially marketable. Also, both WOF and SFStL have inverts, so I was assuming it was off the list for SDC.

^Wildfire was a standard sit-down with special prototype "stadium-seating" trains. I think the trains are standard for them now? I think Hulk is either getting them or floorless trains...

I don't remember why the rumors are gravitating towards B&M, but if that is indeed the manufacturer, nothing in their catalog really seems to "fit" the park right now except the wing coaster and the flying coaster (seeing as they are already looking at a Dive coaster separately). As I'm sure we've discussed before, a flying coaster should be really marketable around here seeing as the closest installation is in Chicago and there are lots of opportunities to make it interesting with the landscaping and theming. Wing coasters are also visually interesting and are practically made for fly-through theming, but at the end of the day it wouldn't be all that different than Wildfire...

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:06:57 PM by shavethewhales »

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »
Still think a Hype Giga is likely because there isn't anything truly like it nearby. I don't count mamba and they are highly marketable! The park has nothing like it either!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Hollwood

« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »
How about B&M's take on this... No large hills required. This would look sick tucked in behind expo. Could you imagine an over banked curve screaming by the Electro Spin queue line?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-rHCmHRG84
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:32:19 PM by Hollywood »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:38 PM »
Let's go full blown MS Paint here.  8)

The orange is where the markers are now located.
The yellow area is the rumored area that might be cleared for the new coaster plaza area.
The blue area is the possible area of the new coaster.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2016, 02:46:15 AM »
Hmmm. So would it be just the seating by the skillets that would go, or would the skillets go, too?

For anyone interested, here's the Bird's-Eye view from Bing, showing a different angle so you can better see the area Swoosh highlighted in yellow:

http://binged.it/1SV6g3Z (make sure you're in "Classic Mode"; to get it from the new Bing Maps, hit "Previous Version" on the bottom right corner - for some reason, Bing did away with all its 45-degree photos in the new version; I'm working slowly but surely on screencapping and stitching together all the various angle views for SDC in case they stop letting people access the Classic Maps)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:49:27 AM by Joy »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
If it is a Giga....I guess their is no hiding riders from seeing the hwy....lol.  Probably would have a great view of downtown Branson.  Maybe they can hook up some ziplines to it too.... :P

Themeing a Giga at SDC might be a challenge.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
^I mean, besides FITH and the kiddie coaster you can see outside the park on every SDC coaster. Even Thunderation gets close to the highway. The "hiding it from the highway" discussion hasn't made sense since 2001. The real issue is keeping a huge coaster from ruining the ambiance of the park. There are good ways to do it, like how Mystery Mine is so embedded in the theming that the coaster doesn't even stick out, but a giant B&M right next to a major pathway kills any ambiance of being an Ozark town.

If it's down behind EH, it will be visible from the park, but far enough away from the "streets" to not really take you out of the theme experience, so that's probably as good a compromise as one could hope for.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2016, 09:48:24 AM »
They can make room for anything, but if they were going to go the route of making something really huge like a giga coaster then I doubt they would put it here. If they ever get a hyper/giga coaster, I'm sure they'll want to use the landscape on the other side of the park to their advantage. Plus, I don't think they'll want to spend $30 - $40 million on a giga since they seem to be looking into adding another major coaster soon after in 2020.

If they want national attention, maybe there will be some sort of gimmick involved...

Could that 40 million be 20 million for coaster and 20 million for Echo relocation and kiddie ride shuffling.