Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157210 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #375 on: August 01, 2021, 06:07:49 PM »
I love FM as next as the next super SDC fan.  My only SDC memory from my childhood is of the that big buzzsaw that scared the crud out of me with I was like 5yo (and before the FM theme).  I didn't visit again till I was a teen.

The reason FM is a walk-on even on the busiest of days isn't because it's hard to find.  Most ride it too cool off and take a break or soak up the nostalgia.  But I doubt very many people are leaving the park bragging to there family/friends about there FM score or how much fun they had on it.  I'm on the side of a new 3rd ride with refreshes with the classic rides....but I doubt it will happen.

Breakdowns seem to be an issue at all the parks this year.  PK is historically bad.  TT was down a lot its first year but seems to be better.  Lets hope MF will stabilize itself.  idk if I've every seen WF down...lol

Good luck figuring out how to pay actually good artists and craftsman to hang out at an amusement park vs working there own schedules.  With the internet these days....the good ones don't need SDC.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 01, 2021, 09:40:16 PM »
The reason FM is a walk-on even on the busiest of days isn't because it's hard to find.  Most ride it too cool off and take a break or soak up the nostalgia.  But I doubt very many people are leaving the park bragging to there family/friends about there FM score or how much fun they had on it.

I think the guns and the noise that goes with them probably keeps more people off than it attracts.

I think those who think the video game generation(s) would be bored and not ride if they had to watch and listen and read instead of paying attention, are not giving nearly enough credit to kids and childhood imagination.

I think kids can still have fun without adults bombarding them with stimulation.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys. I think the buzzsaw was great. The rockslide was great. The gushing pipe was great before it was just a trickle. The silence and dark and chirping crickets were great. And I think all those things would still be great, but no one will even notice as long as it's a laser tag game instead of a dark ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »
FM is a people eater and is one of top 3 rides for total ridership in the park. 
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2021, 12:15:58 AM »

Doesn't change what I said, though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2021, 10:14:26 PM »

Doesn't change what I said, though.

No it doesn’t.  You’re certainly entitled to say whatever you want.  Still doesn’t make it true but I digress
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2021, 10:23:28 PM »
Saw this today and I wouldn't mind seeing SDC getting another wooden coaster and built in this style. A family dueling out and back coaster with lots of airtime hills using the terrain and flying thru the woods built by TGG or GCI would be wonderful. This and the GCI Titan Track show a lot of promise and would set it apart from Outlaw Run. It doesn't even have to be an extreme record breaker.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:39:11 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2021, 07:35:31 PM »
Saw this today and I wouldn't mind seeing SDC getting another wooden coaster and built in this style. A family dueling out and back coaster with lots of airtime hills using the terrain and flying thru the woods built by TGG or GCI would be wonderful. This and the GCI Titan Track show a lot of promise and would set it apart from Outlaw Run. It doesn't even have to be an extreme record breaker.

The next project will the one we’ve all been expecting. 
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »
The needed bathrooms next to Wildfire where it's old expanded queue is?  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2021, 11:49:58 PM »
The needed bathrooms next to Wildfire where it's old expanded queue is?  ;D

Maybe when they finally connect the loop between WF and PK
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 12, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »

What could it be? 😱 A watermelon stand?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2021, 11:26:54 AM »
I see that "someone" has been spreading the FITH rebuild rumor on reddit, with the added tidbit about it being an RMC project with a new powered car design. We'll see. We know that the reaper is getting closer and closer to FITH and Flooded Mine, but after the Mystic River debacle I'm far less excited to see the replacements. I will say they did a good job with the appearance and theming of Mystic River, but it's hard to like a ride that barely operates and has half the throughput of the ride it replaced. I definitely don't trust RMC to build a reliable ride, especially with a brand new highly technical design.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 11:38:19 PM by shavethewhales »

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
Wait... There is a subreddit for SDC related stuff?

I see that  "someone" has been spreading the FITH rebuild rumor on reddit, with the added tidbit about it being an RMC project with a new powered car design. We'll see. We know that the reaper is getting closer and closer to FITH and Flooded Mine, but after the Mystic River debacle I'm far less excited to see the replacements. I will say they did a good job with the appearance and theming of Mystic River, but it's hard to like a ride that barely operates and has half the throughput of the ride it replaced. I definitely don't trust RMC to build a reliable ride, especially with a brand new highly technical design.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 11:39:02 PM by shavethewhales »

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »
I see that "someone" has been spreading the FITH rebuild rumor on reddit, with the added tidbit about it being an RMC project with a new powered car design. We'll see. We know that the reaper is getting closer and closer to FITH and Flooded Mine, but after the Mystic River debacle I'm far less excited to see the replacements. I will say they did a good job with the appearance and theming of Mystic River, but it's hard to like a ride that barely operates and has half the throughput of the ride it replaced. I definitely don't trust RMC to build a reliable ride, especially with a brand new highly technical design.

I’m going to be optimistic about this one. The fact that it’s not like Firechaser Express (or just a regular rollercoaster) and that it’s a powered train makes me hopeful that it’ll be somewhat faithful. Of course it’s going to change, I cannot deny that. But with how well they did with the theming of MRF also makes me hopeful for this replacement. I think the upper management knows how much FiTH means to people and the park.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 11:39:21 PM by shavethewhales »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »
I really hate to see anything about FITH changed, but I understand the reality of the issues with the ride. I also understand that the vast majority of visitors to the City aren't 40+ year visitors who value vintage SDC like me and many others on this forum.

That being said, a new, reimagined FITH using technology like Escape from Gringotts at Universal could be epic.

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2021, 09:00:23 AM »
Wait... There is a subreddit for SDC related stuff?

I see that  "someone" has been spreading the FITH rebuild rumor on reddit, with the added tidbit about it being an RMC project with a new powered car design. We'll see. We know that the reaper is getting closer and closer to FITH and Flooded Mine, but after the Mystic River debacle I'm far less excited to see the replacements. I will say they did a good job with the appearance and theming of Mystic River, but it's hard to like a ride that barely operates and has half the throughput of the ride it replaced. I definitely don't trust RMC to build a reliable ride, especially with a brand new highly technical design.

It's not just for SDC related stuff, but for all roller coaster and amusement park related news and topics.

r/rollercoasters