Author Topic: baldknobbers vs presley's  (Read 7690 times)

littlejohnmom

• View Profile
baldknobbers vs presley's
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:21 AM »
we are planning a trip to branson during the summer...which show do y'all recommend??? the baldknobbers or presleys??? we will have 2 teenage boys with us...thanks

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: baldknobbers vs presley's
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »
We went to Presley's last year with 5 kids ranging in age from 4 to 13. All enjoyed the show.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 10:15:34 AM »
I have watched Presleys on TV.  they are ok, went to see baldknobbers. never again..

The Haygoods have a Fantastic show, music for everyone. lots of special effects. They have been in the area for over 22 years and had more sold out shows in 2014 than anybody in Branson ever has..

I suggest you Give them a try.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 04:29:12 PM »
I like the Haygoods, but the Hughes Brothers is the best all-around show I have seen.  I recommend it whole heartedly.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
"IT" (Hughes Brothers) is a pretty good show, But they need to change there show.. Been the same show for a while now, But if you had not seen it before..... :) There Christmas show is WAAAYYYY  better than there regular show.

Grand Jubilee @ Grand Country is also an excellent show,, good tunes, good humor, family friendly show.. ;D

A lot of people like "Six", we went to see their show and we weren't impressed. Not sure why, just didn't like the show. :-\

Now another show that we have seen is Legends in Concert @ Dick Clarks,  but check and see "who" is singing. They change artists 3 or 4 times a year.. The Artists do a good job mimicking their people.. 

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
To answer the original question i would choose Baldknobbers over Presleys.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
Have seen the Baldknobbers twice and have seen them again recently on Branson Famous on Tru TV. Based on that I would vote for the Presleys. We had season passes for the Presleys in 2013.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »
What about the Plummers? Foggy River Boys? The Texans? Hee-Haw Theater?

;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 07:30:41 AM »
If I am correct the Plummers still do some shows around the Farmington, Mo area. What is left of them at least. Another one was the Bob O Links. He was one of the original Baldknobber brothers who split off.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:11 AM »
I know Randy Plummer is still very active in the Branson are, he plays/assists at the Imax Little Opry Theatre, and he also plays 2 shows on sunday at Grand Country with the Bacon Family..

He does a Christmas Show every year.

Not sure what else, but I know I hear or read about something he is involved in all the time.

Don't have any idea about the rest of the family

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
Plummers have a reunion show in Branson a few times a year. Hee Haw was over and done in 1983, and it won't be back...not like it was, anyway.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »
We've seen  Presleys and Baldnobbers. Would not go to see Baldnobbers again.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
I will forever suggest the Hughes Brothers/IT. Even though it's been several years since I last had the chance to go to their show, my family and I have been fans of theirs since we first saw them at SDC in 1995. We've been fans for two decades now! (wow!) I remember when the only child that was performing was Kristina, and she was only... oh, 3 or 4 at the time. Now they're all married and have 25+ kids amongst the five couples. It's been so fun to follow their Branson careers from the gazebo stage at SDC, to sharing a little theatre off the main strip, and now they've got their own main strip theatre!

One of these days soon I'm gonna make sure I save up enough money that I can go to their show again when I come back down to Branson for SDC.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »
Well as far as comedy. Presleys is generally one of the funniest.  MUSIC?? Well I listen to country when I can, and I am (classic rocked completely to wits end), since that is all just about anybody wants to play these days. Having said that. I like the Presleys over almost any other show. However, if you are a typical "cant stand country-or-cant stand anything except rock" then Presleys or Baldknobbers probably is not the show to see.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »
I am going to be in Branson this weekend (Job Interview in Harrison). I was thinking about going to see the Hughes brothers since everything else is closed. Sounds like a good show.