Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 181566 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #435 on: May 29, 2016, 09:37:10 PM »
Not sure about those. And yes the coke machines are a bit out of place. They could build something to hide them better or something.

Also something else I recently noticed was while at the top of the lift hill on Wildfire is I have noticed several of the log boats from American Plunge sitting off in the dirt in the back lot down the hill a bit. I first noticed them on founders weekend. Since going to the park the other day the number of them has increased and the other ones have been gutted for parts. So they are either sacrificing boats for parts or they are in the early stages of phasing out the ride.
Who knows about American plunge...it could be nothing.
What is certain is what they've allowed to happen to that ride is a shame. irresponsible shame. It's hard to believe the ptb still give a hoot when you look at what that once great ride has become.

It was my second favorite ride, Fire In The Hole being first, and I'd rather see it go away than decline any further than it's present state.  I loved the name of it, the entertainment, the tunnel, and the drop was enough of a thrill to keep me coming back.  *sadness*

They had one of the best log flumes in the business.  I don't know what the thinking was in letting it decline.  I would gladly sacrifice the new coaster for a million dollars (or whatever it would cost) of improvements to the classic three.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 30, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »
I hope they do scrap the AP.  If you have any memories of the Float Trip you would realize what the AP could have been.  They took the quick route out when building this.
And as stated they have since dumbed it down till there is nothing left but a six flags quality ride with little if any coherent themeing.  Start again and theme it to the Bog Monster or whatever would be fun.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
They simply cheaped out when the tunnel needed to be rebuilt. Why spend millions when they only needed to spend a few hundred thousand.

Keeping animatronics going is a drain on the park, but it was sure part of what made them in a league above the rest.

I too hope that they are planning on re-doing the whole thing at some point so they can justify bringing some of it back.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Agreed. Theme it to a yeti, bigfoot, an ozark monster or something along those lines, I dont care. Just give it a theme. At this point, its worse than any Six Flags ride or any water ride Ive ever seen.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »
Not sure about those. And yes the coke machines are a bit out of place. They could build something to hide them better or something.

Also something else I recently noticed was while at the top of the lift hill on Wildfire is I have noticed several of the log boats from American Plunge sitting off in the dirt in the back lot down the hill a bit. I first noticed them on founders weekend. Since going to the park the other day the number of them has increased and the other ones have been gutted for parts. So they are either sacrificing boats for parts or they are in the early stages of phasing out the ride.
Who knows about American plunge...it could be nothing.
What is certain is what they've allowed to happen to that ride is a shame. irresponsible shame. It's hard to believe the ptb still give a hoot when you look at what that once great ride has become.

It was my second favorite ride, Fire In The Hole being first, and I'd rather see it go away than decline any further than it's present state.  I loved the name of it, the entertainment, the tunnel, and the drop was enough of a thrill to keep me coming back.  *sadness*
I refuse to believe it would be that hard to spruce up. it could easily be wonderful again.

Especially after the redo Knott's gave theirs.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
You are all probably right but they should just re do the American plunge and do a re opening. It fits with all the America stuff they are doing every summer and it was such a fun and easy thing to theme around. And it was ozark. I even love the signs. Plus the park needs a log flume wet ride and it still eats people up simply because of that. They are really dropping the ball here as I think a re done American plunge would be well received even by those who don't remember the old one. With today's technology and the need for that type of ride plus the moat and cave they already have....why the hell aren't they? I'd certainly take it over a new coaster.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 30, 2016, 05:48:04 PM »
You are all probably right but they should just re do the American plunge and do a re opening. It fits with all the America stuff they are doing every summer and it was such a fun and easy thing to theme around. And it was ozark. I even love the signs. Plus the park needs a log flume wet ride and it still eats people up simply because of that. They are really dropping the ball here as I think a re done American plunge would be well received even by those who don't remember the old one. With today's technology and the need for that type of ride plus the moat and cave they already have....why the hell aren't they? I'd certainly take it over a new coaster.

Me too!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 30, 2016, 09:13:22 PM »
I think a re done American plunge would be well received even by those who don't remember the old one. With today's technology and the need for that type of ride plus the moat and cave they already have....why the hell aren't they? I'd certainly take it over a new coaster.
I would like for this area of the park to remain a back woods section but AP needs love....BIG love.  And I think we as customers deserve the new ride.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:15:46 PM by mhguy77 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
Lets hope this is the 2020 project or another project sometime soon.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
I rode ap today during the seasons pass appreciation, they had accidentally left the lights on in the tunnel.  It was sad as I told my kids how awesome it used to be and how neglected it's become :(

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2016, 09:55:37 PM »
Lets hope this is the 2020 project or another project sometime soon.

Well it's definitely not for 2016.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #446 on: June 23, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »
In case anyone cares - the new signs at the junction of Indian Point Road and 76 have started to be constructed

SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »
What new signs? For the project?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
No.  They are replacing the current signs there with new ones.  If I had to guess, they'll probably include an LED screen this time.  They've had the current ones for awhile now
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:03 AM »
I didnt hear anything about new signs but Im glad. They had those old ones for about 6 years and Im starting to get tired of looking at them.