Author Topic: Chain Restaurants at SDC?  (Read 20389 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Chain Restaurants at SDC?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
we do have fun here dont we?
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:04 PM »
 ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 09:53:52 PM »
The only chain restaurant that matches up with SDC's morals is Chick-fil-a.  I guess that would work?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
The only chain restaurant that matches up with SDC's morals is Chick-fil-a.  I guess that would work?

But... Sunday is a busy day at the park and Chick Fil A ain't selling on Sunday.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
Why is it that I only crave Chik Fil A on Sundays???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »

But... Sunday is a busy day at the park and Chick Fil A ain't selling on Sunday.

It works at the Cedar Fair parks... IDK?
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 03:17:16 AM »
Yes I really like Chick-Fil-A, I also like the Christian owned Co., and the christian like attitudes from the staff (at least most of the time).  Or should I say, the times Ive been in there, anyway.
However Chick-Fil-A is not close to me at all. I dont get out that way often, so I dont get there often.  But it would actually fit in SDC.
Tim

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
NO fast food or chain restaurant would fit at SDC.  Would stick out like an ugly, ugly sore thumb.  I shudder at the thought.

And no, I don't think the food at SDC is perfect, but I certainly won't complain as much as some people will.  I can always find something great to eat.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
NO fast food or chain restaurant would fit at SDC.  Would stick out like an ugly, ugly sore thumb.  I shudder at the thought.

And no, I don't think the food at SDC is perfect, but I certainly won't complain as much as some people will.  I can always find something great to eat.

Yup!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 05:31:44 AM »
I cant help but wonder...  what would a fast food place have to offer that we don't have..??
we have chickin, beef, ribs, BBQ, turkey legs, hamburgers,walkin tacos, breakfast buffet, dinner buffet, pizza
all types of salad, fries, taters, desserts.... 
oh and don't forget the apple dumplings, tater twists, kettle corn, funnel cales, berries and cream, smores.....

everything is served pretty quickly.... LOL.. (except at lumberjack, they really need to work on that)......  SOOOOO.........................................

I have to ask, what else do we really need?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:57 AM »
I cant help but wonder...  what would a fast food place have to offer that we don't have..??
we have chickin, beef, ribs, BBQ, turkey legs, hamburgers,walkin tacos, breakfast buffet, dinner buffet, pizza
all types of salad, fries, taters, desserts.... 
oh and don't forget the apple dumplings, tater twists, kettle corn, funnel cales, berries and cream, smores.....

everything is served pretty quickly.... LOL.. (except at lumberjack, they really need to work on that)......  SOOOOO.........................................

I have to ask, what else do we really need?

Just a nice upscale restaurant that can be accessed from inside or outside the park. Other than that I think they do pretty well compared to most other parks. It probably would not do well though.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »
You guys know that the mention of blowing all sorts of money to pleasure ones self for a short time just irritates me.  My family is poor, we live in poverty levels and in a poverty stricken location. I have seen videos from our pastor when he was a missionary in Brazil. I have seen videos from a local pastor who sends money and spends time in Haiti.  I understand the money spent in a 5 star food joint, could feed yourselves, and "probably" 20 kids in Haiti.

But Im not preachin.  I guess if an upscale restaurant is the recipe that will see SDC into the year 2345. Then I guess that what we must build.

I guess I just dont get it. We have several upscale joints in Branson.
Starvin Marvin
Joes Crab Shack
Red Lobster
Landrys
(The seafood place downstairs of The big Red Chicken) Sorry Ive missplaced the name
Outback Pub
Even Famous Daves to some degree.

I mean if you want to spend my whole paycheck on one meal. I have listed several you could do that.

No I dont think we need any more food choices in SDC (save a sub type sandwhich place). What we need at SDC is better food. Save Mollies breakfast-they are as good as any breakfast on the strip, maybe better.
Tim

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »
Save  yourself the money, go to The Wilderness campground store and buy lunch meat and a loaf of bread and carry it with you in a cooler that you leave in your trunk while parked at SDC. Then, get your hand stamped and go to the parking lot at about noon for a tailgate picnic. Nothing as good as a cold can of Coke left in an ice chest for several hours. Some chips and a Twinkie, and you got yourself a meal.  ;)

How about a Chuck E. Cheese in the OMP with all the arcade games? Nothin' says "family time" like that! ;D

(OK, I'm kidding around.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
Junior, All joking aside. I promise you the local grocery store gets a lot more money from me than does the local Cracker Barrel.

I have nothing against dining out, I enjoy it every chance I get
I have nothing against people having a huge wallet either.

My point here is basically, We dont need anything else in the way of food choices at SDC. I think my attitude would be different if there was a "resort" of some sort on site. But as it is, I think the choices at SDC are sufficient. If you are in the mood for something else. (There is always Price Chopper ;D ;D)  Or in Branson somewhere.

BTW.   Chuck E Cheese (really).  It would be nice to have a little more family time with my Son, but a truck driver just is not home too much. So until I get a grandchild, Im sure Chuck E. Cheese will not be getting any money from me. Im sure Landrys wont either.
Tim

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
No, an upscale restaurant won't do well.  And here's why:
People pay money to go to the amusement park.  We don't pay money to go sit at some restaurant for two hours eating a nice meal.  As others have said, there are plenty of places in Branson to do that.  I'll add the White River Fish house to the list.

I also don't bring my own food, because I want to support what SDC has.  Whether it's a quick snack, an ice cream, a caramel nut roll at Eva and Delilas, a burger at Wagon Works or a buffet at the Mine or breakfast buffet...I want to support SDC goodies.  Nothin better than a bow of Calico Potatoes at the Tater Shack.  MMMMMMM  ;D  Good BBQ can be found at SDC, too.

I don't want to see fast food chains.  If we don't support the food that's there...then expect to see a McDonalds in the near future and we'll be complaining that the "SKILLETS ARE GONE" just like we complain about how the craft shops are gone, too.  Why do you think they go?  Because people don't support them.

Why would we expect any different from the food at SDC?  Sorry if this offends some people, but I never really thought that the food there was too outrageously priced, considering it's so accessible in an amusement park and the workers have to be paid from it. Where else can I order some of that stuff anyway?
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.