Author Topic: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC  (Read 17042 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »
As for the economy being bad, anyone been to Nashville TN lately? It truly is a regional thing.

Farmers back home haven't had it this good since the Carter admin.

true. FOOD is doing good here.   But if you think about it. What does the USA manufacture these days?   FOOD.  That is just about it.

An awful lot of paper is made in other countries. Electronics come from other countries. We might assemble a lot of scattered new car parts, that was made in other countries, to form a whole car. A lot of machinery was not made here. Almost everything you buy at Wallyworld (except the food), comes from other countries. Shoot an awful lot of atheletes and Drs didnt even come from here.  Im sure I could go on & on. I know all of you all could too.

So what does the USA manufacture these days. Crime, obesity, and DEBT. Lots of DEBT.  This is a recipe that must be fixed soon or it will be the death of the USA.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:13:37 PM by qwed94 »
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »
As for the economy being bad, anyone been to Nashville TN lately? It truly is a regional thing.

Farmers back home haven't had it this good since the Carter admin.

true. FOOD is doing good here.   But if you think about it. What does the USA manufacture these days?   FOOD.  That is just about it.

An awful lot of paper is made in other countries. Electronics come from other countries. We might assemble a lot of scattered new car parts, that was made in other countries, to form a whole car. A lot of machinery was not made here. Almost everything you buy at Wallyworld (except the food), comes from other countries. Shoot an awful lot of atheletes and Drs didnt even come from here.  Im sure I could go on & on. I know all of you all could too.

So what does the USA manufacture these days. Crime, obesity, and DEBT. Lots of DEBT.  This is a recipe that must be fixed soon or it will be the death of the USA.

Have you looked at the stickers of new cars. They have to list the percentage of parts sourced here or abroad. Toyota's axles for their full sized trucks are made in Marion Arkansas. The steel that's stamped is milled in America. My Honda was well over 70% North American sourced.  Is some of that Mexico, yep but better there than asia.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
Chitlins. I understand. Its nice to have cars assembled here. And yes some Hondas/Toyotas/ETC are 70% or more US sourced, but the main money from the sales still goes to Japan.  Take my new Chevy. Assembled in Mi. Stamped parts are from USA, several interior components from Canada, tires from China, engine from Korea, transmission from Japan, electronics from Germany. However it a Chevrolet-USA product. Money still goes to USA.

My point is/was-we here in the USA do not produce the things we used too. I didnt try to sound like we dont produce anything, just nothing like what we used to produce. -- And worse yet Walmart. (you know the place that manufactures most of our debt) has shelves full of Chinese made products).

This is not completely Walmarts fault. Example- Black & Decker is primarily producing everything in China right now. (at least the report I read 4 or 5 years ago). That is not Walmarts fault that these companies have moved to China. Just another example that "these companies are moving out of the USA and going elsewhere".

Seriously, about the only thing that the USA produces AND exports (in volumes) is FOOD. We are the world food supply REALLY.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
Chitlins. I understand. Its nice to have cars assembled here. And yes some Hondas/Toyotas/ETC are 70% or more US sourced, but the main money from the sales still goes to Japan.  Take my new Chevy. Assembled in Mi. Stamped parts are from USA, several interior components from Canada, tires from China, engine from Korea, transmission from Japan, electronics from Germany. However it a Chevrolet-USA product. Money still goes to USA.

My point is/was-we here in the USA do not produce the things we used too. I didnt try to sound like we dont produce anything, just nothing like what we used to produce. -- And worse yet Walmart. (you know the place that manufactures most of our debt) has shelves full of Chinese made products).

This is not completely Walmarts fault. Example- Black & Decker is primarily producing everything in China right now. (at least the report I read 4 or 5 years ago). That is not Walmarts fault that these companies have moved to China. Just another example that "these companies are moving out of the USA and going elsewhere".

Seriously, about the only thing that the USA produces AND exports (in volumes) is FOOD. We are the world food supply REALLY.

I don't want to make this into something not SDC related so we'll agree to disagree but I'm perfectly finewith Honda

http://www.hondainamerica.com/manufacturing

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »
I would also love to see a hotel one day that is on property......or real close so you can walk back and forth. This would get rid of the HWY 76 headache, etc. Also, if they built it so that it could be accessed by all guest (it could serve as a nice break for people to relax and have a great sit down full service restaurant meal.) Maybe with Dollywood getting one, we'll see one soon.

I have long wanted them to move all of their properties out to Indian Point.  They missed out on the chance to have a resort down there where the condos were built.  That would have been a perfect location -- and then move the Showboat Branson Belle's launch point out there AND then build a a completely new waterpark out there.  It would just make more sense to make Indian Point - SILVER DOLLAR CITY Point and just buy out everything out there and turn it into the ultimate resort.

I'm afraid SDC might lose their personality if they ever got that big.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »

I'm afraid SDC might lose their personality if they ever got that big.
[/quote]

Agreed.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.