Author Topic: Cardinals and World Series  (Read 10719 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Cardinals and World Series
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!

I dont care who the AL sends. The Cards have played each team 3 times in the World Series. We have lost to each team once, and won against each team twice in the World Series.

I really didnt expect a blowout closer 9-0. Really dont care much for blowout games either, but they are better when your team is the winner.

GO CARDINALS
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cardinals and World Series
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:04:35 AM »
I apologize for having to live in the past but the Kansas City Royals haven't been any good for years and that's my team. The Royals had their best season since 1989 this year.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
Wacha!  Wacha!  Wacha!

sdcDave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
Royals are my team too Okie.  I was an exciting year for a change.  Going to have to root for the Tigers now since I work with the mom of one of their players (Dirks)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »
Tigers are in the same division as KC. St Louis is in the same state. I ain't got a dog in this hunt. I don't see that it's good for the Royals either way

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »
All my friends back home can't stop mentioning that so many of the Cardinals are homegrown talent and  spent time in Memphis in AAA. Memphis has a top 5 and some say best AAA park in America

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:02:48 PM by chittlins »

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »
Last night I sat at a lady's house I go to church with and watched the entire game with the preacher lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »
SDC-Dave, I certainly understand your take. I would do the same in the same situation.

I actually know 2 people that work for the Stadium (Busch). So (besides living near STL) I am a huge Cards fan and thats one reason why.

Okie- I understand your fondness of the Royals, however I fail to understand what the Royals have to do with this post, and why you feel the need to constantly bring them up. I would certainly cheer on the Royals if they were in and the Cards was not. Then again it would still be a home "state" team for me. I get it that you dont live in Mo. So I get that the Cards may not mean didly to you.  But why bring in a team that isnt involved while trying hard to delibrately NOT mention either team that is involved.

Just sayin brother.  We all have the right to speak as we please, I accept your right, and Im not complaining. I just dont quite understand thats all.
Tim

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 02:17:51 PM »
I am a St. Louis County native. (Hazelwood) GO CARDS! ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
there was more to that post but by the time I abridged it didn't make any sense, and I've slept since then so now I can't remember where I was trying to go with it. knowing me it had something to do with the 1985 World Series.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 11:55:56 PM »
Well KC kicked our Butt in the 85 series.

I guess that why Im not understanding why the KC peeps just despise us.  (Okie-I know you dont live in Mo. I completely understand your viewpoint). But Im hearing the same responses from 3 other forums (primarily Mo based forums).

Everyone has said they hate STL because of 85.  I mean KC did great in game 7 in 85. STL is the team that basically made a complete "donkey" out of themselves. I just cant see hating a certain team because you WON against them last time.

Kinda like saying you will "never-ever" visit SDC again, because every visit so far has been "ABSOLUTELY" completely perfect in every way. (HUH? WHAT?) Makes no sense right?

Mo has a "home" team for everyone. An AL team based in KC called the Royals. And an NL team based in STL called the Cardinals.   Come on Mo residents, these are OUR home teams. I think we SHOULD cheer for either and BOTH.

To those of you SDC fans that do "not" live in Mo. I understand where you may not like or cheer either team. Makes sense, I have no problem with that.
Tim

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »
JUNIOR----ever get in to the St Charles area?   Hows about a PM if you are planning a trip to Mid Rivers, The Mills, ETC.   We can maybe plan a trip to visit our Son, and meet up with ya.
Tim

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 05:36:32 AM »
Sounds like fun! However, I seldom travel through the area. Only one aunt and two cousins left in the area, and I probably have not seen them since I was in my early teens. Our family is spread out over parts of three states, and we don't often have a chance to get together. Last time I passed through north SL County was probably about 1990, and I could not believe how much it had changed since I'd lived there in 1972!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »
My parents are from the KC area, so they will always be Royals fans at heart, and they passed a bit of that on to me. (And I'm too young to care about '85.) But I have to admit that everywhere I've lived in MO people have primarily been Cardinals fans. Hub's family are big Cardinals fans, so I've become one too.  It helps that being in Springfield we get to see the future stars of the "big Cardinals". chittlins, we made a trip to Memphis this summer and really enjoyed your ballpark. It shows its age a bit when compared to Hammons Field here, but still a very nice facility. Being a Cards fan doesn't stop me from wanting the Royals to do their best, and we still cheer for them. Was proud of the season they just finished.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
Funny qwed94 I grew up not 5 min from mid rivers and work off mid rivers mall drive now! Go cards!