Author Topic: So excited! I might visit in 2013 after all!  (Read 4843 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
So excited! I might visit in 2013 after all!
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »
I'm so excited just at the possibility, that I can hardly sit still.

The regulars here know that I moved my family to New Hampshire on October 1, 2012. I've been in Texarkana by myself since then, remodeling our old house, getting it ready to sell pending a job transfer.

Things really didn't look good for a while. The economy and budget put all transfers on hold. Then the Texas house burned to the ground, while I still had no hopes of a transfer any time soon.

There are worse things than living in a nice hotel, but still...I'd rather be plodding along in the house I planned to sell. On the positive side, it looks good for a transfer on at least one of the three jobs for which I've been rated "Best Qualified".

Fast forward: my baby girl (23) plans to fly here to spend a week with her bestie, then be my road dog for the final trip home.

A very kind SDC friend has offered me passes. I will hit Paige up for the Homestay special. Baby Girl has never been to SDC, and is super excited about it. I hope for two full days at the City, plus the SOTH show.

After that, it's northeast bound and down, with our road trip playlist rockin' on the stereo for 1,400 miles!

Being able to relive my childhood with the one kid who not only appreciates the same things, but loves and embraces them: priceless!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: So excited! I might visit in 2013 after all!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
Well congrats on the trip!!  i am sure it well be perfect.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
That is exciting and great news! We look forward to having you here @ HomeStay during your trip, see you soon!  ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
Gosh, KB!  I hope it's a dream trip for you!!!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
I'm so excited just at the possibility, that I can hardly sit still.

The regulars here know that I moved my family to New Hampshire on October 1, 2012. I've been in Texarkana by myself since then, remodeling our old house, getting it ready to sell pending a job transfer.

Things really didn't look good for a while. The economy and budget put all transfers on hold. Then the Texas house burned to the ground, while I still had no hopes of a transfer any time soon.

There are worse things than living in a nice hotel, but still...I'd rather be plodding along in the house I planned to sell. On the positive side, it looks good for a transfer on at least one of the three jobs for which I've been rated "Best Qualified".

Fast forward: my baby girl (23) plans to fly here to spend a week with her bestie, then be my road dog for the final trip home.

A very kind SDC friend has offered me passes. I will hit Paige up for the Homestay special. Baby Girl has never been to SDC, and is super excited about it. I hope for two full days at the City, plus the SOTH show.

After that, it's northeast bound and down, with our road trip playlist rockin' on the stereo for 1,400 miles!

Being able to relive my childhood with the one kid who not only appreciates the same things, but loves and embraces them: priceless!

You'll wish US 71 was four laned already on that trip up. ;D

I-49 needs fast tracked. from Ft. Smith to Texarkana.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 06:23:14 AM »
I searched the discounts section, but I couldn't find the answer... are there are special deals or discounts for SOTH?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »
KB!  good luck with discounts to SOTH.!

All Acces indicates a 5 dollar savings for the play,

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »
KB, Hit the wrong key!!  sorry,,,

If you want to go to the dinner AND the play you can save 7.00!

But I never see any coupons anywhere for SOTH.!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
You can get SOTH tickets at the Branson 2 For 1 office on 76 across from the firehouse. Two tickets for the price of one.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »
You can get SOTH tickets at the Branson 2 For 1 office on 76 across from the firehouse. Two tickets for the price of one.

Great! 

It will be two of us for the tour and play, and a hundred bucks is a bit pricey. I could skip the tour except for nostalgia, but she's never been, and the tour gives the background a first timer might not pick up from just the show itself.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
http://www.branson2for1tickets.com/list.html

" Branson 2 for 1 Tickets "
located at 1100 W Hwy 76
417-336-0241