Author Topic: The Six Flags Food Season Pass  (Read 8155 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
The Six Flags Food Season Pass
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
Seems Six Flags is starting to offer a food season pass for 69.99. It gets you two meals a visit. What do you guys think of that? Noticed they are also giving free parking  for the purchase of 4 or more season passes, but we already get free parking but pay for close by parking with a parking pass.

And here's the refillable cup add on:

Refillable Souvenir Bottle for $9.99
Season Dining Pass members can purchase a refillable Souvenir Bottle for just $9.99. Enjoy free refills on your first visit and 99¢ refills for the rest of the season. The discount Souvenir Bottle can be purchased at the park when you present your Season Dining Pass on your first visit. Since you're purchasing a Season Dining Pass, you'll save over 30% off the single Souvenir Bottle price.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:09:01 PM by chittlins »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The Six Flags Food Season Pass
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »
With the addition of the new Pizza restaurant I forsee this is a possibility.  The Six Flags food pass does limit where you can use it and therefore limits what it can be used for.   It would not surprise me to see SDC adopt something like this, they already do the mug refills.   If they do a food pass I would think they would offer a pizza meal or a regular burger and FF, possibly a Big Jacks but not BBQ or Molly's breakfast.  Many of the parks that offer a meal add on  limit what time you may get the food, offering hours of 11-5 or something like that.  It seems they do not want to interfere with the breakfast and late snack income. 
I thought of this as soon as I heard they were adding the pizza restaurant.  High volume quick cook time with little prep.  Easy to keep the pizza rolling with little waste at the end of the day.   

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »
I think this begs the question would you pay an additional $10 for 2 meals the choice being Pizza and a burger or a big Jacks? and a small drink?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
Here's the description on Six Flags over Texas' website.
You have to pay extra to extend it for the whole operating season and you can pay extra to extend it to the waterpark as well. I'm not getting it. We are jsut going to Dallas in April for the daughter's Bday. She rather do a trip than have a party so it's Great Wolf in Grapevine and Six Flags.

A day of thrills makes you hungry!

Six Flags Over Texas introduces a new Season Dining Pass that lets you eat lunch and dinner at the park every time you visit for just one upfront payment. Our $69.99 Dining Pass provides meals through September 15. For just $5 more, you can add meals during Fright Fest in October or for $10 more, you can add meals for the rest of the year including both Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

How Does It Work?
Buy one pass that lets you eat both one lunch and one dinner every time you visit the park. The dining pass is available to Season Pass Holders and is added onto the Season Pass card. Each meal comes with one of several entrees. The program features a wide variety of entrees at restaurants all over the park including pulled pork sandwiches, chicken strips, cheeseburgers, pizza, salads, hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches, corn dogs and more.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
for sure would be some details worked out.. i can almost see them doing meals/entrees everywhere except on top of the hill (buffets)..

Maybe limit it to entree priced at 10.00 or less??  dont know?  hard to tell how that would all work out,

I would for sure be interested, just have to see details,.,.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
I would love to see this option as well. I dont think we would buy for all three of us. I could see buying at least one though, maybe two. My kiddo doesnt eat a whole heck of a lot. And is amazingly picky on top of that. But my hubby and I love all foods pert near equally, making a food season pass worth it for us. :)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
WOW, seems I mentioned SFSLs food pass add on several months ago with zero response. Now its getting huge results. (On this forum I mean).  Anyway I can foresee something like this at SDC.  SFSL does NOT offer any discount on food with the season pass though, like SDC does.  Shoot they dont even give a discount on employee food in the park. You can only get discounted employee food at the employee cafe.

SFSL does not offer any breakfast foods anywhere in the park. The food shops at SFSL closes 1 hour prior to parks closing also. (Except for maybe 1 or 2 shops selling limited items).

Im not sure about 2013, but in 2012 you could not use the food pass at either of the 2 nationwide chains located within SFSL. (Panda Express & Johnny Rockets).  Not counting those 2 places, the food choices at SFSL are Pizza, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Strips, Mexican, Turkey Legs, and Corn-on-the-Cob. (The fried chicked cafe was closed down a few years ago-as far as I know-no plans to reopen)  I dont imagine you can use the pass at Cold Stone Creamery either.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
Got to admit, never heard of a foodpass before. Sounds like an interesting idea. If someone here tries it out, please let us all know  how it went.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
Got to admit, never heard of a foodpass before. Sounds like an interesting idea. If someone here tries it out, please let us all know  how it went.

I figure its a ploy to get more operating capital up front. They'l count on those that use it to feel like they got a little extra fom dipping dots and other concessions. Also notice they allow you to purchase passes on a monthly installment over nearly the entire season.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
They had it last year too.
Honestly, after working in foods at SFStL, I would never eat at that park... I've seen behind the scenes... NASTEE
SWOOSH

Orient Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »
I don't think we'll see a season dining pass at SDC.  It's important to examine why SF developed this option.  A big bulk of SF's attendance is local season pass holders.  People who live within an hour of a park will make frequent but short visits.  Thus they rarely, if ever, make food purchases in the park.  So SF is greatly discounting their food via this pass to a customer base that would not have bought otherwise.

SDC on the other hand, has many season pass holders who live hours away.  Even if they make multiple trip per year their still inclined to purchase food inside of the park.  Locals frequently buy food as well (compared to local SF passholders) because the taste and value justify it.  If SDC offered such a pass, they would only be cutting revenue from existing food customers.

An unlimited daily option similar to Seaworld or Universal is much more likely.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
How Does It Work?
Each meal comes with one of several entrees. The program features a wide variety of entrees at restaurants all over the park including pulled pork sandwiches, chicken strips, cheeseburgers, pizza, salads, hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches, corn dogs and more.

In other words, it's almost guaranteed to not cover either what you want, or as much as you want. You will wind up spending more on top of the pass.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:47:18 AM by KBCraig »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
I don't think we'll see a season dining pass at SDC.  It's important to examine why SF developed this option.  A big bulk of SF's attendance is local season pass holders.  People who live within an hour of a park will make frequent but short visits.  Thus they rarely, if ever, make food purchases in the park.  So SF is greatly discounting their food via this pass to a customer base that would not have bought otherwise.

Actually SFStL and WOF are used as cheap babysitting during the summer.  Now with the addition of the dinning pass, parents can make sure their kids are getting fed as well without having to give them "lunch money" every day -- as in now the kids won't get the money to spend on crap, they'll have to actually go eat.

SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 06:43:31 AM »
I didnt think about the cheapening of the food. In that case, it would suck and I would be sad.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »
Then the question would arise:

IF they offered "season food pass",, 
Would they still offer season pass holder the 10% food discount that we get now?.