Author Topic: Halloween 2011  (Read 9434 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Halloween 2011
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »
3 days early, But to everyone who celebrates Halloween...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN,
         Be safe and careful.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Halloween 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
Anyone dressing themselves, or their children as a Silver Dollar City character this year?  ;D

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
I'm gonna be a saloon girl!!  :-*
And wear one of my many SDC garters!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:50:58 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »
cool!! I'm just going too have a small fire in the fire pit and hand out candy and enjoy all the kids in there costumes. no dressing up for the wife and i ;D

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
We dress up and scare the kids when they come for treats.It's too cold to stay outside, we've had snow up here in WI. several times this week..and more to come next week.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Boy I haven't done Halloween for a few years now (ok since 2008 when I moved here), used to dress up and scare the kids or go to the parties. I love Halloween though, so watch all the scary movies when I can. Plus it's Lance's birthday on the 30th so always get him a "scary" cake and such. I keep candy in the jar this time of year instead of mints.... :D I do miss the whole holiday, maybe next year?  ??? I still can't get over that it's Xmas decorations in Branson everywhere already.  :o

Cheesehead.....what are you two going to be, bet it's good! Hope the snow doesn't keep all the kids home on Monday!  ;)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
We have maybe 15 kids all night in our neighborhood (we live in a VERY popuated area in the suburbs of StLouis). My parents, 5 miles away get hundreds, it is simply the ages of our neighborhoods. Haven't even bought any candy yet!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »
My church did a Trunk or Treat tonight. A few of the kids from the church dressed up. We had police officer, a pirate, a surfer (khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, his mom insisted he was a surfer... whatever), a paper doll, a chicken/duck (nobody could figure out exactly what he was). My favorite was the newest member, 2 month old Barrett. Everyone calls hims "bear" for short, so he was a teddy bear! We had a 6 month old (Connor) who wouldn't stay inside in the nursery because he wanted mom who was in charge of things, so she couldn't stay inside with him. His parents only brought him a jacket because they expected him to stay inside. He was getting cold so another mom brought her son (Josiah)'s hat and a blanket for Connor to stay warm. Connor's mom kept saying he was going as Josiah for Halloween.

It was fun seeing the kid's from around town coming in in their costumes :)
One girl had on bunny ears, got all the candy and food she was allowed to have, came back about 10 minutes later with rabbit ears so she could have more candy. She kept saying the other girl was her twin, but I doubt her and her twin would both have the same scar above their eyebrow and koolaid mustache lol

We had one boy from the church who dressed like a pharaoh but he kept complaining because a button fell off of his costume and everybody kept saying he was wearing a dress because it came down to his feet. He got mad and was running around saying it was a tunic! lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:52 AM »
Halloween 1980. I had not turned in my SDC costume for the year yet. I was invited at the last minute to a costume party at a friends house on Fall Creek Road in Branson. Guess who showed up at the doorstep...Junior Dugan.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
I am takin my kiddo out!! He is spiderman, original I know, and I am going to be a speed bump! My hubby is going to be the speed limit sign. FUN! btw: Terry is having a costume contest.....if you win you get either one of his DVDs or a personalized video.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
Speed Bump???

I hate to, But i got to..  how does that work???

??? ???

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:56:13 AM »
yellow sweats with black teadmarks painted on. thats it.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
we will be helping my friend with his haunted trail tonight. my wife will have a micro-phone & will be talking with kids as a witch from a unknown spot. i am going as a confused mental pateint. i am shaving half my beard & hair off, should look pretty funny. i need to shave anyways.. i will also be walking the trail with a video camera so my friend can put it on his website & FB page. i will try to post something once they get everything loaded up.

i believe his website is skullshaunting.com   
Live life like it's the last day!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »
lol missing green trams that's funny and a dern good idea. it always scares me in my neighborhood that a child is going to get hit. i pray for everyone safe return home.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
I equip my son with enough blinking light necklaces and flaslights and relective tape to land a plane. I just hope I dont get too hot in my costume!