Author Topic: Halloween 2011  (Read 9427 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »
I equip my son with enough blinking light necklaces and flaslights and relective tape to land a plane. I just hope I dont get too hot in my costume!

I hope somebody does not report him to the FFA!!!  HAVE FUN!!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
missing the green trams, I'm not sure how old you are and it doesn't really matter, but back when i trick or treated in the 70s and early 80s we had them plastic mask's and and costumes, hard too see out of them masks and hard too breath (depending ) on the type of mask but i look back at them days and think how easy it would have been to be hit by a car trip and fall wow anyway I'm glad you have enough lights and blinky things too land a plane. lol

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
I just turned 24 yesterday (whooo!).....and I paint his face due to mask issues. He wears regular tennis shoes with good tread. I do everything short of a leash and homing device. I get very paranoid around this holiday due to the weridos that run around and the people who party irrisponsible like. I love halloween as much as the next person its just it makes me nervous......
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
as i do also missin the green trams. yes in todays world you can never be too carefull,what we did was we never let the kids go alone or even with there friends, we went with them and then we would come home and have a small parrty if it wasnt a school night. i am 40 but still a kid at heart all my kids are too old too trick or treat now so untill the grandbaby is old enough the wife and i will hand out candy and watch all the kiddos have a blast. lol the grandbaby isnt even born yet and im already looking forward too taking him trick or treating. lol

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
This was the first year I had heard of a trunk or treat...but it is a good concept to keep kids safe. Someday if I am able to take a little one trick or treating, I will be hard pressed to allow them to eat candy from strangers. I know it sounds paranoid, but I would think very much about allowing them the process of going door to door, but sub their candy with 100% safe candy. I am weird I know.

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
nothing weird about that rube, with the weirdo's in to days world i cant blame you, we always went through the kids candy before they ate it, i know its still not 100% but it made me feel better and we never allowed them too eat anything home made. had too be in a wrapper. and the state where i live (Illinois) it is illeagle for anyone on the sex offender's list too hand out candy or even have there porch light on.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »
Trunk or treat is a great alternative, and I too live in that sex offender law state. But it only applies to those convicted after 2008......:/ anyhow. I take my kid to a few of those, and there are certain streets in my town the I feel comfortable taking him to. Its not really paranoid to be safe. As long as you dont take the fun outta it, para-noy away!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »
lol  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
Nothing paranoid about it!

"WE" have to protect the little ones...  as parents/grandparents its our job. ;D

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
While my sister sat at her boyfriend's house to hand out candy, I drove his two younger sisters around town and we only stopped at people's houses we knew. We also stopped at a local church's trunk or treat, but it was right before it was over so everybody was packing up their cars by the time we got there. I made the younger one cry (she's 8 ) because I wouldn't let her eat anything til I got her back to her house and her mom could go over what they were allowed to have and what they weren't, due to allergies and fillings and such. In my defense, the younger one cries about everything! She was a dinosaur and she threw a fit because she didn't like the hood even though she's the one who insisted on getting the outfit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:26:36 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
I'm gonna be a saloon girl!!  :-*
And wear one of my many SDC garters!!

Note how I look like I'm about to throw up because I ate atleast 3lbs of candy all by myself and the curl came out of my hair from the humidity and trying to keep the kids out of the street.

A friend was taking the picture and she said, "Try to look happy."
I said, "YOU eat 4,000 peices of candy corn and try to look happy."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:28:58 AM by tiffanylynnt »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:13 AM »
tiff!  great outfit,,

You might check with rube, I think he is taking auditions for the chorus line in our new 3000+ club ;)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »
Oh, Tiff!  You have to audition for the saloon girls slot at the 3000 plus club! GREAT COSTUME! Hope you had a Happy Halloween!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
Did I miss something? What is the 3000 plus club?

And thank, btw!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »
im a little late here i know but, that was a good costume tiffany you would fit right in at the saloon show.