Author Topic: Lockers and other stuff  (Read 13846 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Lockers and other stuff
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
Yes, I do like the idea of the lockers for expensive stuff (I've got a nice digital camera AND camcorder). Though I'll admit, I've never felt bad leaving them in the cubbies... I mean, shoot, people will leave their strollers outside the Flooded Mine with stuff in them and not give a single thought to anything getting stolen. That's what I love about SDC...

~ "Becky" Joy ~

sdcforever

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »
^Yeah, we sit stuff behind trash cans and signs near the rides.  Some inexpensive personal belongings, drinks, etc. and they've never been touched.  All in all, SDC is pretty safe.  We've never had anything stolen in over twenty years of visiting the park.  But I can see their reasoning behind adding more lockers; many people don't want to take chances with their stuff.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »
I've left my cell phone in the open cubby holes. I'll admit I worried that it wouldn't be there when I got back but it was. SDC is pretty safe when you get down to the basics.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »
Lockers are a great idea for guests' peace of mind, but there's no reason for them to be 50 cents. The mechanism works just as well with a single quarter as with two, and I've been to places (spas in Europe) where they don't take any coins at all -- just turn the key and take it, and your stuff is secure until you return.

Lockers aren't a high-dollar item. They can certainly be covered by the cost of admission.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
^It's the world we live in today (sadly), just another way to make a quick buck.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:56 PM »
When we were at Kennedy Space Center earlier this month, you had to put everything in a locker to ride the Shuttle Experience (not worth the time, BTW).  It was pretty silly that you had to put a quarter in the locker to get the key, and when you re-opened the door to retrieve your things, the quarter came back to you - - as if I came back to get that stupid quarter, but I would have left all my other possessions.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating