Author Topic: Lockers and other stuff  (Read 13848 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Lockers and other stuff
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
I know that there are lockers over by the Ozark Marketplace, but I was wondering if there are any other lockers (I want to say someone had mentioned there are some near the Waterboggan?) elsewhere in the park. I'm also curious about their size. I was figuring that since my friend and I will be leaving for home when the park closes, we ought to bring a change of clothes to put in a locker, then get them and change in the restrooms before we head for the car.

I'm also curious as to whether or not SDC still allows you to bring food into the park. We're doing this daytrip on a very, very tight budget, and hope to bring some Powerade (32 oz. bottles are only $1 a piece at Hy-Vee right now) and sandwiches in a little bag to save us money.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lockers and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »
^Your still allowed to bring food into the park. I don't know where the lockers are though because we never use them.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »
^I think you're right, Coaster.  They don't search your bags (as of the end of last season), and they never mention no outside food or drink in their policies; so whatever you can carry you can bring.

As for lockers, I thought there were some over by the Lost River at one point as well as the Marketplace.  I'm not sure about the Waterboggan, though.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys!

Another quick question...

I could swear that SDC had a dress code posted on their website once upon a moon. Does anyone remember what the dress code is? I seem to recall something about not wearing only a swimsuit.

I got a new swim "suit" yesterday that consists of swimshorts and a tankini that looks like a tank top. The shorts look like THIS and the top looks like THIS (only the top actually falls more like a tank top; it's not as form fitting as it is in that pic). I was just wondering if I would be able to get away with just wearing my swim shorts and top as everyday clothing rather than as a "swimsuit". The reason I got them was because they looked like I could pull them off as being regular clothing, and then I wouldn't be uncomfortable walking around after going on water rides like I would with chaffing jeans.

~ "Becky" Joy ~
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:27:14 AM by tinaalsgirl »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:56:21 AM »
^I don't think they'd mind if you did that Joy. I'd take just a t-shirt to wear over the swim suit just in case though. I've seen people walking around in their swimsuits all the time.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »
There are lockers just inside the ticket sales booth area (by the restrooms).  I was able to fit my laptop in one (without the bag) and lots of other little things.  They are plenty big and cost 50 cents.  There are also lockers near Wildfire.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »
^^I don't see them making a fuss about that. Those rules are in place to keep people from walking around the park in bikinis and such.

This brings up another interesting point about SDC, in that they still hold on to the traditional locker system for rides - which I truly appreciate. Most parks these days are demanding that you pay a dollar or more to store your belongings in a locker before you get on a given ride. This can get brutally expensive if you plan on riding many rides.

I'm glad their stand-alone lockers aren't very expensive either, 50 cents is a steal compared to the several dollars other parks may charge you.

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
^^I don't see them making a fuss about that. Those rules are in place to keep people from walking around the park in bikinis and such.

I see people do that anyway.  SDC doesn't seem to enforce their policies.  As long as no one complains, you should be alright.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »
Thanks for all the info, everyone. Maybe we should make a thread (or convert this one) for questions like this that we could compile into an FAQ for the site; anything that isn't addressed on SDC's site.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:54:40 PM »
This brings up another interesting point about SDC, in that they still hold on to the traditional locker system for rides - which I truly appreciate. Most parks these days are demanding that you pay a dollar or more to store your belongings in a locker before you get on a given ride. This can get brutally expensive if you plan on riding many rides.

I just got back from SDC for the weekend and found out on this trip that they have done away with the cubbies on the Rapids so on that ride you have to rent a locker.  (they have not posted a sign telling you this yet either).   I was told when I was about to get on the ride that I had to take my Camera with me because I brought it into the ride Que.  I asked the guy what happened to the wooden cubbies and he told me that they have removed them because noone was using the cash lockers.  I dod not ride on the rapids but I did go to guest relations and file a complaint.  That was on Sat.  They said they would call me.  If I have not heard from them by Tuesday I will call the park and ask for management.   Sorry to go on so long about this but this really twirked me off.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
^Holy crap, I wouldn't have imagined. That's exactly that kind of crap I usually hail them for avoiding. Surely they aren't trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of people like that when they don't even have a system set up to do it correctly. If they for some reason wanted people to use the lockers they should have more of them - but it shouldn't be an issue.

sdcforever

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
^I second that, Steve.  I guess there is a potential liability issue with the unsecured storage bins.  The solution is to use the lockers on the Lost River, leave your valuables with a non-rider, or plan ahead and don't bring really bulky things such as waist or fanny packs into the park.

I have contacted SDC and asked them about this and whether there is a plan to remove all of the unsecured storage bins.  I will post their response when I get one.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »
Seeing as how we have never had a problem with leaving our stuff in a stroller outside of a ride, I've never felt like the cubbies were any less safe; in fact, I've always felt they were MORE safe because they're where employees can see them.

I think SDC should look into possibly installing loose article pouches ON the rides, like some Disney rides have. It'd keep people's items close at hand, secure, and it'd move people through the rides a bit faster because they wouldn't have to walk THROUGH the ride to get to the cubbies, and then back to get seated. They can just stuff their things in a secure pouch in front of them and get seated.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
I just talked to Linda in Cust Service.  She said she is checking in to it.  Said she did not know that they had been removed but she will get to the bottom of it.  She told me that I would hear back from her on Wed.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcforever

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
^That's good news.  I thought they'd get back to you quickly.  SDC is good about that.  Hopefully you and I's visits with Customer Service will be helpful and informative.