Author Topic: 2011 Branson Shows: Which ones do you like/dislike?  (Read 13255 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
2011 Branson Shows: Which ones do you like/dislike?
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »
I know this will open up a huge discussion of pros and cons. but I am hoping to share things to do in the evening/ rainy days. 

A great Early Evening show is "Riders of the Circle B". It is an old western based dinner/show, costs about 35.00.  starts betwwe 4:15 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so if you have another show to see you can make it.

They are on facebook also

http://www.circlebchuckwagon.com/

more to come

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Branson Shows: Which ones do you like/dislike?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »
Really, I've never seen a dislikable show in the region. I saw Pine Mountain Theater at Eureka Springs last summer, and it was alright. A couple of months later my wife and I were in Branson and saw Presleys, and was knocked out at how good they were.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
I enjoyed Pierce Arrow as its a fast paced show. 
I was not overly impressed with Shoji however, It seemed like a lot of Vegas glitz.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:26 PM »
Pierce arrow is an excellent show,  AND I didnot know it last year,but There afternoon show is different than there evening show!  That is a little unusual?

And after you go to 1 of there shows you get a 10.00 discount on there next show within 5 days. I will be doing that once this year, Both show in a couple of days.

I have been to several shows in the last couple of years, and the only one I really did not like was the sunday nite show at grand country.? Not sure why, just did not like it. I wouldn't say dont go see it, because everybody has different tastes.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
Liverpool Legends is a MUST if you are a Beatles fan.  Incredible show.  I hate it they are no longer at the Starlite but the Mansion is cool too.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:23:03 AM »
Of the Beatles tribute shows, Liverpool Legends would probably be the only one I would see because George Harrison's sister, Louise is the one who runs the show. Louise was a big Beatles booster going back to the days when her brother first started having success.  She appeared countless times at the Beatlefest celebrations staged in the USA over the years. She was also very good about talking to fans about George and the other three Beatles, and signing autographs for fans. I'd go to the show just to have a sliver of a chance that I'd get to meet her and shake her hand.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »
Hits of the 60's was a very enjoyable show.

Shake rattle and Roll also was very good.

Red, hot & Blue was not as enjoyable as the other 2. 

I think if we had seen it first it would have been great! But it was not the quality ofthe other 2.

and of course that is if you prefer that kind of music/dance.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
Yesterday I saw Strait Country at the IMAX..   Jim Glaspy plays the Guitar, banjo and Dobro.  He is awsome..  Also Randy Plumber plays base.  I miss the Plumber family..  Also Saw Hughs Brothers.  They were great.

“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »
IF i have my names correct. randy plumber also plays sunday nite at grand country for the Ozark mountain jubilee. And yes he is very good.

At the jubilee he also sang a couple of songs.

While we are on the "grand country" topic. I f you are a repeat show visitor there they do have season passes for 114.00.. sounds high, But they have 9 or 10 different shows through out the year!  We bought passes for this year and have seen 2 show already and ready for more.

As a pass holder you get 1 free buffet with 1 buffet purchase..  that aint bad either!

http://www.grandcountry.com/shows.asp

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
I visited from time to time with Randy Plummer over the years. He is a big Mickey Mouse fan, and when Branson opened a Disney store, he got a job there. Don't know if he is still there or not, but I know he worked with the store for years and years as  his day job. He's worked at several music shows in the area through the years, too. He is the only Plummer left in Branson. His mom and dad sold out years ago as you know, and went back to their native southeast Missouri to semi-retire and run a ranch. They had opened a music show a few years ago over there, but don't know if they still run it. Type in Randy Plummer in your search engine and you will pop up Randy's website. You can read about him and purchase some CDs he has.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
Found it! thanks junior.  randy is the bass player at the jubilee on sunday afternoon and evening.  good show.

I remember them saying he is the last of the family still entertaining full time.. talked to him at intermission.  NIce guy!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
dont do shows.. not our thing.
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
Is anybody here old enough to remember when the Shepherd of the Hills was performed in a tent along the lakefront in downtown Branson? How about the syncronized water ski shows that were held on Lake Taneycomo in downtown Branson? We're talkin' the 1950s and early to mid 60s now! I am NOT old enough to remember either...but I've spoken with some a few years older than me who do remember those. I do remember the Sammy Lane Pirate Cruise and the old Lake Queen excursion boats, though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »
Junior,  the question may not be are you old enough to remember?

BUT do you want to admit you old enough to remember???

LOL   LOL

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »
Good one! ;D