Author Topic: 2011 Branson Shows: Which ones do you like/dislike?  (Read 13266 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Branson Shows: Which ones do you like/dislike?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »
Thanks.  I have my moments.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 07:26:51 AM »
went to see the Haygoods last night. Great show.  Haygoods have been in branson for 19 years perfroming and actually started in SDC as YOUNG kids.  7 brothers and 1 sister.  oldest of the group is only 33 years old.

Great fast paced show, lots, special effects.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
I for one will never go see the Haygoods again.  When they played at the other theater they said it would be their last year in Branson and sold out almost every show.  Then they used all of that money to purchase a theater in Branson and stayed.  I will sopend my $ some place else.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
There is a new show at God & Country Theater, Alabama Revival for those you enjoy the band Alabama, it is a "tribute"; supposed to be good so I'm told.....

I really enjoyed the Hank Williams Tribute at Little Opry Theater (Tim Hadler does a great job and tells the story of Hanks life throughout the show through Hank's eyes). Probably the most different aspect instead of just a straight tribute.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »
LIKE: Jim Stafford, Shoji Tabuchi, Mel Tillis, Yakov

DISLIKE: Country Tonight (is that even there anymore?), Legends Live
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 02:24:38 AM »
I have been to all of the grand country shows,

the sunday jubilee and the Ozark mountain Jubilee were a little less than average, I would not go see themk again.

However all the rest of the shows are good, with music and comedy mixed in. If a person was planning on seeing all of the shows, the grand country offers a season pass.   In the christmas season the shows change a little and are worth seeing again.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 08:38:21 AM »
If you want to go the traditional route, Presley's and Baldknobbers have lasted so long because they do a good job of entertaining folks.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
In regards to Noah, the $35 price to celebrate the 35 years of Sight and Sound theaters is good through June.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
I have a friend who plays the guitar in jukebox journey at the icon. It is a little theater but it was actually a really good show. They play 50's and 60's music.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
Buck Trent was a good show when he played the old Hee Haw Theater back in 81-83. During that period I was the concessions manager at Hee Haw.  I'm sure he's got be as good as ever. Plus the wife of our old Hee Haw fiddler (wayne massengale)  is Buck's fiddler. Her name is Melody. Wayne works at Country Tonite as a fiddler.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
We have seen in reverse order of favorites: Baldknobbers, SOTH, Comedy Jamboree @ Grand Country, Dixie Stampede, Jim Stafford, and Kirby Van Birch (I know not really a show). None of them were "bad" and I would go see all of them again. Jim Stafford has an outstanding 3d show that would give the one we saw at WDW a run for the money. One I really regret not getting to see was the Tall Timber Lumberjack show and now it appears to be gone.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
Buck Trent was a good show when he played the old Hee Haw Theater back in 81-83. During that period I was the concessions manager at Hee Haw.  I'm sure he's got be as good as ever. Plus the wife of our old Hee Haw fiddler (wayne massengale)  is Buck's fiddler. Her name is Melody. Wayne works at Country Tonite as a fiddler.

Country Tonite is no more; it closed after last season.  Wayne plays in the band for the shows at Grand Country Music Hall.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
Larson, the fall festival at SDC is going to have a lumberjack show.  Says it is ALL NEW!.

I dont know if it the same show your refering to or not.. No details on website just the name.

http://festivals.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=11

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
Biscuit, thanks for saying that aboiut wayne. I thought that was name of the fiddle player there.  He is very good!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Larson, the fall festival at SDC is going to have a lumberjack show.  Says it is ALL NEW!.

I dont know if it the same show your refering to or not.. No details on website just the name.

http://festivals.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=11

The one I was talking about was on 76 just west of SDC. It was an outdoor dinner and show with lumberjack activities, pretty sure sponsored by Stihl. Seems like last time I went by there the sign was still there, but it's been closed a year or two now. Here's all I can find about it now:

http://www.bransonworld.com/branson-shows/detail/tall-timbers-lumberjack-show.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:29:56 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett