Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283734 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #660 on: June 19, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
and it could be argued Outlaw Run with its slow op
THat wouldnt be much of a argument.  I am always astounded it takes them longer to load a car than it does for one to complete the entire circuit.

The process could be sped up if they had installed retractable seatbelts as opposed to ones that constantly get tangled in the buckle making it next to impossible for some guests to lengthen or shorten.  I get that we want to do "safety theater" due to the New Texas Giant accident, but the belts are really ridiculous. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
I get that we want to do "safety theater" due to the New Texas Giant accident, but the belts are really ridiculous.
Amen

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2015, 11:19:24 PM »
its amazing how this thing just exploded with replies all of a sudden.

1. HB, Wow! *clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

2. Shave is right, as always. But I think we should stay on topic. If Shave wants drama, fighting, and arguing on here he can create a page for that, but i dont know. I will leave that up to him if he wants to. I try to keep all that off of here.

3. Swoosh, we all submitted our own ideas of a 5 year plan. But we never heard about an official SDC 5 year plan from an employee. You sound like you know what it is, so please Swoosh, I want to know what it is and how you found out.

4. Who is the Dippin Dots guy?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »
I'm going to work a little harder to make sure these topics stay on track. I split that whole tangent off into a new thread so everyone can discuss what they think the "5-year" plan is there.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 08, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
What about a hole in the middle of the AM pool so a coaster can go thru it and under ground? That would be a very different experience you rarely get to have, plus you have the possibility of getting wet when a log comes down the hill. This way, you dont just look at, or are scared by the coaster, but another ride too. This would be a very different, great, enjoyable, family experience. Heres a pic to show you what I mean:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:30:47 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 08, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
Ever since "undercover boss" I wondered about a tube going down through lake silver........

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 09, 2015, 05:34:34 AM »
This could not happen in Lake Silver, it's a natural feature to a degree. (meaning, it has been reinforced with concrete, but has always held some water and sustained aquatic life) The picture of the coaster going into the tunnel is thru a man made pool of water. Now that could be built pretty much anywhere above ground. This area is mostly bedrock riddled with sinkholes and caves.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:59 AM »
This could not happen in Lake Silver, it's a natural feature to a degree. (meaning, it has been reinforced with concrete, but has always held some water and sustained aquatic life) The picture of the coaster going into the tunnel is thru a man made pool of water. Now that could be built pretty much anywhere above ground. This area is mostly bedrock riddled with sinkholes and caves.
I
I wouldn't call very karst limestone  bedrock.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 09, 2015, 07:34:50 AM »

Tinman, I knew that, just threw it out there to see what kind of "comment" I would receive ;)...

I know they wont rebuilt it, But you know that would be cool. Come down over the FL area into the pool of water then back out and over the Boatworks/dockside area.

LOL..  plus the lake would look nicer if it were rebuilt..

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2016, 07:43:11 PM »
One day, I was getting on PK and found another single rider to ride with. As we were talking he said, I wonder why SDC doesnt make any Single Rider Only lines on any ride like they do at Six Flags. This brings up a good point. I usually see 2 or more empty single seats in random spots on every train on every ride. Why doesnt SDC make a Single Riders Only line to help fill in these spots so they can get a few more people on every train and fill every train up full?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »
Wildfire used to have a Single Rider Only line. Not sure why they got rid of it.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
They've done single rider lines in the past, especially at Wildfire. There are a few reasons why they probably don't do it anymore:

• On most days the lines are short enough anyway
  • Some people just treat it as a skip the line option. You'll see groups of kids go through them at other parks because they know it's faster. 
  • They want to encourage Trailblazer Pass sales
  • It can require extra staffing/time

A lot of the old single rider lines at other parks disappeared when the skip the line passes got popular. There are still a few on some of the smaller capacity rides and coasters, but not many.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:01:56 PM by shavethewhales »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:03 PM »
•They want to encourage Trailblazer Pass sales
And
And

etc. etc.. etc.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
Pardon my cynicism.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »
I am not a fan of the TBP. Just a bit meh over it.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!