Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282798 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
LOVE these ideas. I can't decide which one I want more. I love the idea of revitalizing AP but I also think the park is desperate for a new dark ride. I don't expect them to go all out Harry Potter style--but then again the Forbidden Journey is amazing and the best ride I have ever rode.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »
Three thoughts:

1.  I'm all for a dark ride, but they took out my prime location for one when they built RB.  Dark ride elements should be used for both the cave coaster and the new flume/etc. area.

2.  I just don't think there's a need for three mine rides at the same time, so I like the idea of a cave exploration-themed ride and area.

3.  Could the cave coaster tell the story of the cave, beginning with an Indian, his dog, and a bear, stories of Devil's Den, and Henry T. Blow with mining the guano to be used for black powder production at PK?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Is this a good time to break out my idea for a new traditional dark ride in the Carousel Barn themed to Tom Sawyer?  The building would need to be expanded out back but I think that would tie the area together better and use an often left empty building.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »
HB. That could definitely be the backstory and be featured in a preshow
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
HB, what does RB stand for?

Swoosh, it's always a good time for new ideas   ;)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 15, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
I believe RB stand for River Blast...
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 15, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »
Would there be room on the other side of RB (River Blast) for the dark ride.  A Sawyer/Finn storyline is exactly what I think it needs to be there.  I don't think the Carousel Barn is big enough for a good dark ride and its queue.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 15, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
Like I said, you will have to expand the building - but yes, there is A LOT of land that can be used behind River Blast and Boatworks Theater.

SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 15, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
I'm going to post this again as it has some elements mentioned recently. This ride is a bit like Firechaser Express in that it's fairly tame but fun, that it uses the same kinda tame launch, has the reverse section and the trick track at the end of the ride but it also has the drop track section.
 I've mentioned it as a redo for the end of FIFH starting at the bridge and Swoosh has put out his ideas

Watch it here, https://youtu.be/S6_9Ee_vbzI

The drop with the lights on
 https://youtu.be/7zvmGM4GjWE

I'm thinking that if AP.is rebuilt from scratch using the multiple drops and turn tables like the Chiapas Flume at Phantasialand and I get my wish for a coaster to share the same footprint and shared theming along with briefly mingling with each other that this type of coaster could use the tunnel that currently part of AP.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:54:53 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 15, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »
Verbolten is actually a superior ride to Th13ten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhzeuNzn1pw (show lights)

Here you can get a better look at the actual drop track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwKaEcpLI

Behind the scenes tour footage of the "events building" of Verbolten
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_z1Iaapys
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »
and for the record, I'm not a huge fan of having AP and a rollercoaster sharing the same land -- I really think that would be jarring for each experience to see another ride.  We're trying to be different from other parks.  If you want to see another ride while riding a different ride, go to an amusement park.  If you want experiences that transport you into an experience you can't get anywhere else - then go to SDC.  Personal opinion though.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
^ Agreed, Swoosh.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 16, 2015, 12:20:19 AM »
I agree, Swoosh.  SDC is unique in that you almost have to seek out those rides.  They are tucked in off of any "midway" (except GE and FL of course).  However, I could see two attractions "kiss" each other, or "salute" each other just briefly at some point.  I don't think they need to weave in and out of each other, unless their storylines are clear and they are paired with that in their purpose.  Combining rides with food and shows, on the other hand, is really how they can save space and create atmosphere.

Thanks for the picture, by the way, as I can see a great deal of space for that dark ride about which we keep dreaming.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 16, 2015, 01:33:18 AM »
Why not take out the courthouse theater and put a dark ride there? They hardly seem to use that theater anymore.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 16, 2015, 07:13:37 AM »
and for the record, I'm not a huge fan of having AP and a rollercoaster sharing the same land -- I really think that would be jarring for each experience to see another ride.  We're trying to be different from other parks.  If you want to see another ride while riding a different ride, go to an amusement park.  If you want experiences that transport you into an experience you can't get anywhere else - then go to SDC.  Personal opinion though.
I can see another ride on just about anything at SDC now .  Any coaster not named Thunderation. I'm a bit confused how a themed up track crossing a themed up stream  at a splash zone and a small side by side section, you know like what you would have seen in many instances in the Ozarks in the late 1880s. I don' see how rock tress led bride crossing a flume stream is ruining anything. If anything it makes it more unique if done right.

It's right up there with my belief that a real, authentic looking train round house complete with a turntable for the train would allow more authenticness to the park while allowing a backstage area to be in plain sight. Should they use that area for expansion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:22:57 AM by shavethewhales »