Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283635 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #540 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
Maybe even a ride like CC's Fireball or DW's Timber Tower. I dont see them at many parks. Also, maybe an SDC version of a Harry Potter ride, Hunger Games, or a hunting animals ride.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:08:13 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 08, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »
Swoosh!  I don't even know what to say.......... ::) ::) ::)

I would like to respond, But don't know where to start :o :o :o

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 08, 2015, 06:33:24 PM »
How about...starting where anybody else would....the beginning.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #543 on: May 08, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
Again, Laroy, as one of the moderators, I'm asking nicely:  unless you have an original idea that fits with the SDC theme - and there is a distinct one - it does not belong in this thread.  I feel like your imagination is running wild, and it's driving the rest of our members crazy.

This is a creative thread, not a wish list for rides that have already been built.  We stray occasionally, but we try to stay focused.  If the posts continue to perplex us and attract confused or angry responses, I will  intervene further.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
I posted a while back a attraction idea that I think still has merit. It would involve tearing down AP and do a completely new flume attraction. It could be done as a mountain sort of like Disneys Splash Mountain but themed Ozark. It could incorporate a Baldknobber theme even though we already have that with FITH. Maybe a cave or do the old Icehouse idea that was thrown around. You could even do something Rube Dugan related with it themed to a hunt for lost silver. We all know AP is in bad shape and needs something. Might as well make it world class when its done.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
AP is ready for this, and I agree.  However, it needs to keep with the lumberjack theme to fit with the lumberjack area on that side of the park.  I'm afraid that area is getting lost with some of the newer additions of WF and PK.  Knott's Berry Farm has revamped their flume, and it looks great on YouTube; on the drop, the audio even blares a hardy, "Fire in the Hole".

Even so, I think SDC could be a little more creative and add more humor to a brand new flume.  I don't think it was ever themed to lumbering in the past, though.  I liked the unique "daredevils doing things together" theme in AP's prime, but a new ride could certainly hit on other themes, as well.  I could see Ozark Adventurers being a theme in there.  Or a Momo-type bigfoot adventure.  There are lots of directions a new AP could go, and while it is/was a classic SDC ride, it has regressed to the point that most of us would be all right with a change.  The same is not true of FitH or FM.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
I like both of those ideas . ^^ I remember someone in the past bringing up the idea of an Ozarks Yeti theme because some people think that theyve seen a yeti or bigfoot near Branson. So, maybe they can do an 1880 Ozarks version of Expedition Everest into a log ride, maybe with Lumberjacks. I can kind of hear a lumberjack song in my head already, but I cant make out the words. It kinda sounds like a lumberjack version of The Seven Dwarfs song "Ho Hi".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:55:04 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »
That's right, Laroy.  I love the Everest ride, and I think it would work with the Ozarks "monster" if the queue educated people enough about it, but I also wouldn't want the attraction to be compared to Disney or to be a lame copy of Disney.  That's my response to the tea cups and flying elephants, too.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
The creature on the creek was the idea someone on this thread came up with. Very clever, too. I love it. Bigfoot has been seen all over the ozarks, known by some as the blue man, also bigfoot has been spotted in the green country of Oklahoma, which is still the ozarks. A bigfoot theme would fit right in on park.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
I agree that the American Plunge needs attention.  I think I have a pretty good plan for a refresh.
1. The current flume layout will go away
2. All new animatronics will be provided by the same company that redid the Log Flume at KBF
3. The old troughs from the Float Trip will now be be integrated into the layout of the flume ride. 
4. The finale splash down will be removed from its current location. 
5. New station for the log flume will be located in the Wildfire plaza area.
6. Current station, splash down pool, queue line area will go away.
7. New queue entrance will be located where the unused extended queue for WildFire is currently.
8. New theme for the flume ride will be the Inventor's League.  Along the route you will go through different labs (shacks) of Inventors in this league and will experience their latest inventions (all of which are just as successful as Doc Harris (who happens to be the leader of this League). 
9.  The finale of the ride will be an elevator lift to the final drop.  (another invention)
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 11, 2015, 08:48:20 AM »
I agree that the American Plunge needs attention.  I think I have a pretty good plan for a refresh.
1. The current flume layout will go away
2. All new animatronics will be provided by the same company that redid the Log Flume at KBF
3. The old troughs from the Float Trip will now be be integrated into the layout of the flume ride.  
4. The finale splash down will be removed from its current location.  
5. New station for the log flume will be located in the Wildfire plaza area.
6. Current station, splash down pool, queue line area will go away.
7. New queue entrance will be located where the unused extended queue for WildFire is currently.
8. New theme for the flume ride will be the Inventor's League.  Along the route you will go through different labs (shacks) of Inventors in this league and will experience their latest inventions (all of which are just as successful as Doc Harris (who happens to be the leader of this League).  
9.  The finale of the ride will be an elevator lift to the final drop.  (another invention)

Why not go for multiple splash downs of varying height?

Why not a backwards section?

Would you use side by side seating for capacity?

Would we actually want a log theme? If we went with side by side why not make it flat boat themed like Jim Owens. Cave scenes include animated bear, Bald Knobbers hid out, prehistoric bones, ect.

If this went all out, why not a smaller, junior log flume with a small drop elsewhere in park for the little ones.

https://youtu.be/c_sS2hjAJI8

this should be the template. Notice the foootprint is shared with a coaster and could be done with better ride interaction.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:56:49 PM by chittlins »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 11, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
Yes! I love all of that! ^^^ Swoosh, awesome idea, but it will need more hills and splash downs. Like the swings, there should be a kiddie version. I hate everything about AP at the moment. Tear every part of it down and leave no evidence. Then make a log flume with side by side seating (like Daredevil Falls is) and use everything that SDC left over from WF, to use, like the extended WF line that they didnt need (even though it was smart to build a long line, it didnt need to be that long). Love your theme idea, both of you are right!

I went thru the line the other day and there are some trees, bushes, and plants that are starting to be overgrown. They need some trimming. They also have 2 speakers still back there, i dont know why they left them...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:49:31 AM by Laroy »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 11, 2015, 12:12:21 PM »
I vote for Chittlins and Swoosh to become co-CEO's of Herschend and make all these awesome ideas happen for us at SDC...
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #553 on: May 11, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »
I think we all agree that the Phantasialand flume is exactly the caliber of ride we want AP to be eventually turn into. I disagree about the theme though. The ozarkan daredevilry theme was such an SDC-flavored theme. It's just the right mix of unique, outlandish, and yet fitting for both the theme and ride. I'd like to see it come back. The steampunk theme is good in small doses, but it will easily get overused quick. I'd rather see them use that theme to work in another flat ride that would be hard to theme otherwise.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »
^^^As long as we're using the Wildfire queue, why not bring in the icehouse theme, breaking up ice in the river.  Then the area could be all about fire-and-ice.

^GE becomes "the future through the eyes of the past", capitalizing on steampunk as a pallet and theme.  Of course, that would be a major overhaul.

Thanks to all for getting this thread back into focus.  This is the type of discussion for which it was created.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:58:09 PM by History Buff »