Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282772 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #570 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
A log flume is inherently about logging, though in its current state, AP is pretty much just a ride.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #571 on: May 12, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
That's a stretch.  There is nothing about the ride that even begins to convey a logging theme other than the vessel you are riding in.  The theme (right now) is Ozark Daredevilry - what that has to do with a log flume is beyond me, but I digress.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »
It WAS about doing amazing things TOGETHER.  The theme song explained this well.  The whole daredevilry thing started out as doing dangerous things together.  I'm not even sure when the together part was dropped.  I guess that's when the whole thing was shortened and elements were removed - the beginning of the end for AP.  I don't even ride it anymore.  What used to be one of the best flumes is nothing like it was.

Anyway, floating logs down the river is part of the logging process, and daredevils would get right out there on the logs to remove jams.  The act of riding the logs together was the idea behind the original theme.

So, steal some of our ideas and change this ride, SDC.  You've lost the appeal in this attraction.  It's not drawing the audience it should - and would have if it had kept a unique theme.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »
As I did before, I agree Chittlins about having a log ride pass a coaster with the possibility of getting wet. It will be a different experience you cant have anywhere else, and I would ride it again and again so I could have that possible experience, and for theme too, if it's good. And another water coaster would be nice too, even though we already have FITH.

But please don't buy My Little Pony!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:26:40 PM by Laroy »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 27, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »
So, here is a rendering of the new Mack Spinner going in at Busch Gardens Tampa.

That's a new train design from them and is that a vertical lift on a tower that looks like some other tower I know of.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:12:04 PM by chittlins »

Hollwood

« Reply #575 on: May 27, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »
Looks like an elevator lift to me...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:47 PM »
I'd prefer a coaster with a higher PPH
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 28, 2015, 08:32:43 AM »
^ And one that doesn't spin or go upside down for us motion-sickness prone riders!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »
I think if we got something like Wild Eagle you'd be fine.  The elements are more graceful and not super G-force heavy.  Though I'd love a hyper skipping down the hill from Powder Keg to the Lake
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
I'd prefer a coaster with a higher PPH

Some bits.

Controlled spins after the second drop, nothing tilt a whirl crazy

1,ooo Riders per hour.

Interactive queue.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »
After riding Firechaser Express recently, I'm more eager than ever to see a version of it at SDC soon. It's really the perfect family coaster. The show building was awesome and really turned it from just a little coaster into a complete experience that was fun for everyone. I don't care that we already have PK, Firechaser is a definite step under PK's intensity and the show/backwards element adds some uniqueness anyway.

As for the wing-coaster rumors/wishes, Wild Eagle didn't impress me at all for some reason Wild Eagle felt... off. Like it was originally designed as a sit-down coaster and the radius of the loops are slightly wrong. I actually greyed out in the vertical loop a couple of times even though it didn't feel that intense. It just felt slightly uncomfortable, and the meandering figure-8 at the end didn't add much to the ride either. It should have just been a floorless coaster, IMO.

Thunderbird at Holiday World, on the other hand, was a blast. The launch is great and it's very re-rideable. If we get our own Wing-rider, it better be something like that.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Wild Eagle was the first wing coaster in the U.S., so hopefully they've gotten better since that was built.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »
Honestly I think our next coaster should be more like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  I finally got to ride it on Tuesday and this is the perfect coaster for SDC.  While it shares a lot of similarities to Firechaser Express, it would be more of an adult version.  It relies heavily on a special effects indoor portion of the ride which I can see being themed to Marvel Cave easily.  The climax of the indoor portion is an elevator drop and that could easily be themed to cave in - AND it would be something unique.  I also liked how the indoor section's lighting and sound sequences could be randomized.  There were at least 3 different sequences and I think SDC could really capitalize on it.  The launches were not overly intense, but since it was indoors for most of the ride it seemed to be more intense then it really was. 

The main fact that it was mainly indoors is what really got me on the bandwagon for one coming to SDC.  I like when we can disguise rides from the main midway and this one has lots and lots of possibilities.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »
Sounds great.  The cave-in message might be the wrong one to send to people who might be taking an actual cave tour, but otherwise it could definitely work.  It could absolutely be a mine cave-in or a cave-in caused by bandits or Bald Knobbers.  The best part is the indoor aspect.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2015, 09:09:04 PM »
I love the idea of an indoor attraction themed to Marvel Cave. Basically I want our next attraction to be one of two options.

It has to be mostly indoor. SDC needs another indoor dark ride. I love the old ice house concept and the idea of a Marvel Cave type ride. The other idea I would love to see--and it is past overdue is the American Plunge revamp we have all talked about more than once.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."