Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283615 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #360 on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »
OMFG Swoosh! I do to!! Have you ever been? Branson is my 2nd home. Like I said before, I go almost every week.

As for crafts, I would like to see a salon and a shirt printing press.

Back to rides again: maybe some Tin Lizzy's cars or instead of cars, maybe plastic rocking horses. Also maybe some real horse rides. 

I've never heard a single woman I know say, " going to SDC, wish I could get my hair and nails done there."

There are more than 10 types of coasters, granted lots share commonalities on track design and elements.

I don't get shirt printing press at all. That screams strip mall souvenir shop/flea market.

There's not enough flat land for an antique car ride  and if there was, not for that.

The biggest thing here, is we are the folks that snort pixie dust and can't quit it like those that do it for Disney parks, but we certainly will voice displeasure with events if we don't like them. It's why we harp on refurbing the classics. (sidenote, I was about ready to shoot myself half way thru It's a Small World at Disney World a month ago)
Some are just so old, something has to be done and we want them revitalized not razed. Some would like to see a revisit to Grand Exposition and give it a better tie in.  I don't know how you do that without scraping half of it. But, like Plopsa over in Europe shows it can be done

Tea Cups before

What will be after with a restaurant included

But you have to ask yourself, would you rather them spend millions on theming mistakes and scrape new projects for it. Answer is no.

Some of us see AP as a place where you can justify it with a flume that features side by side seating for better capacity, multiple drops and even direction changes with better and/or revamped thematics.

Like I said in another post, what the Euros are doing in the theming department, even the small parks are putting US parks to shame.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #361 on: March 15, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Swoosh!  If you have any questions about Branson and Silver Dollar City, please feel free to ask.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 15, 2015, 02:34:17 PM »
Yes, but rebuilding the old rides or retheming, probably wont happen. Most of us want most of that, but we all know, it would be a miracle. I only said printing press and salon because they are interesting jobs that I think are interesting and love to watch. I dont want them as my job though. We all know AP needs something done to it. Doing anything to it would make it better, even having nothing there. I think its an eyesore because i hate thinking about what they did to it. But, they need to do something, like if it goes backwards i will ride it 100 times in a row. It doesnt matter how much capacity it has, as long as its better than it is now, ill be happy. There are about 10 types of coasters, not including backwards/forwards: steel, wood, indoor, inverted, looping, wild mine, launched, dive, reinforced (i think they call a triangular track, a reinforced coaster), and i think thats it, maybe others but i cant remember the rest.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:38:47 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 15, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
They had hairdressing back then and they could make money off  of it. They make lots off of everything else anyway..

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #364 on: March 15, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
Yes, but rebuilding the old rides or retheming, probably wont happen. Most of us want most of that, but we all know, it would be a miracle.

The original rides are what made SDC a popular park and many people love those rides. I feel that SDC will do whatever they need to do to keep those rides for many years.

There are about 10 types of coasters, not including backwards/forwards: steel, wood, indoor, inverted, looping, wild mine, launched, dive, reinforced (i think they call a triangular track, a reinforced coaster), and i think thats it, maybe others but i cant remember the rest.

Wing, Shuttle, Mine Train, 4D, Suspended, Stand-Up, Floorless, Flying, Wild Mouse, Terrain

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 15, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
After the AP downgrade, taking away fith story, and taking out some fith track, I doubt that. Those things made it worse.

Ok, maybe 15 types then...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:25:28 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #366 on: March 15, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
All of those downgrades were in the name of increasing ride capacity.  With the numbers of riders that are handled on them, it seems they mishandled them.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 15, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
I was looking at lake silver yesterday and thinking that they really need to do something with it, of coarse thinking diving bell, or an underwater coaster like was suggested on Undercover Boss.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #368 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Swoosh!  If you have any questions about Branson and Silver Dollar City, please feel free to ask.

;D Thanks History Buff, I'll be sure to do that.  Super excited for my second-ever trip to the park next weekend.

::) Is this Laroy guy for real?  It has to be a double moniker for another poster who is trolling for lulz.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 15, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »
I was looking at lake silver yesterday and thinking that they really need to do something with it, of coarse thinking diving bell, or an underwater coaster like was suggested on Undercover Boss.

Can't do much there as the Lake is very close to the cave.  Not much  "cushion" between the two in that area.  I would, however, like for the entrance to Lost River to be moved to inside Fireman's Landing.  The entrance/exit boardwalk could go along the faux rock wall.  That would really clean up the look of the Lake and open up the views from the dinning area by the Toy Store.
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »

Can't do much there as the Lake is very close to the cave.  Not much  "cushion" between the two in that area.  I would, however, like for the entrance to Lost River to be moved to inside Fireman's Landing.  The entrance/exit boardwalk could go along the faux rock wall.  That would really clean up the look of the Lake and open up the views from the dinning area by the Toy Store.

I LOVE that Idea Swoosh, I'll agree with that one!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #371 on: March 15, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »

That, or maybe just a boardwalk in any case. The bit behind the toy store was certainly left ragged.

I think the lake just needs some general TLC around the other parts of the perimeter. I wouldn't want to see too much more added around it because is already a cacophony of rides now.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 15, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
Well at least one more attraction will be added to FL but not for awhile. 

I'm still not convinced that they're done with the dinning area by toy store.  That area was said to receive an entire new look this past off season and that didn't happen.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 15, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
cacophony .

You win today's 10 dollar big word prize.

I was flabbergasted.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 15, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »
What did you say Swoosh? About me?

And btw that is a good idea about moving the lost river entrance/exit, if they were going to do something with it. Nice job OldSDCer. The coaster idea is good, if only they could find a way...

The lake has been a little boring to me ever since the lumberjacks left from doing the log roll on the lake. The FL gazebo is there to make people admire the lake. I wonder why...What are they thinking about doing? Could it possibly do with Lake Silver??? Seems like a clue to me....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:04:19 PM by Laroy »