Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283688 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to be merged
« Reply #345 on: March 14, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
I have three amusement parks (Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, and Adventureland) closer to me than SDC is that have the rides you would expect at an amusement park. But, I still come to SDC because it is a better park than any of those. So, you don't need to have certain rides to get people to come.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
to be merged
« Reply #346 on: March 14, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »
Laroy, you are cracking me up.  You're all over the place.  Hey, the restrooms aren't in theme.  They should only have outhouses with leaves and corncobs to wipe with.  And maybe there should be a ride based on it, because they had poop in the 1880s!

You keep talking about what SDC is supposed to have, as if there are laws about these things.  The bottom line is SDC is supposed to have whatever their owners and directors decide they will have.  I know they want to appeal to the masses, but SDC is also a labor of love, and they want it to exude a particular mood and feel.  I've never seen electric guitars in any of the photos from the 19th Century.

Now, to be clear, this thread needs to get back on topic.  If you wish to discuss these peripheral topics, you need to find another thread.  There is no reason to hijack threads for redundant conversations.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
to be merged
« Reply #347 on: March 14, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
Laroy, you are cracking me up.  You're all over the place.  Hey, the restrooms aren't in theme.  They should only have outhouses with leaves and corncobs to wipe with.  And maybe there should be a ride based on it, because they had poop in the 1880s!

You keep talking about what SDC is supposed to have, as if there are laws about these things.  The bottom line is SDC is supposed to have whatever their owners and directors decide they will have.  I know they want to appeal to the masses, but SDC is also a labor of love, and they want it to exude a particular mood and feel.  I've never seen electric guitars in any of the photos from the 19th Century.

Now, to be clear, this thread needs to get back on topic.  If you wish to discuss these peripheral topics, you need to find another thread.  There is no reason to hijack threads for redundant conversations.

Laroy  I would also add to maybe make your conversations more adult. Using words like Stupid just makes you seem like a child. We can criticize and debate in a civilized manner. I do not like a lot of your ideas but I would not call them Stupid because you have your opinion. A lot of us differ and have conflicting  views on how the park is and should expand but we do not resort to childish name calling. I really do not like text language in a civil conversation either. Now back on topic.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to be merged
« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:50 PM »
History buff, i didnt go that far, but it might be a good experience...also some things, i didnt know what you were talking about...

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to be merged
« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »
I do try to stay on topic! Im giving ideas just like you are.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to be merged
« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2015, 07:12:44 PM »
What about a Renaissance themed area? Everybody loves knights, swords, and all that cool stuff. Kids would love getting knighted with the sword, or whatever you call it when they put the sword on your shoulder to make you an official knight. Jousting would also be nice....but some people would call it unsafe, even if they have professionals doing it. It doesnt have to be real, it just has to look real.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:13:49 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
to be merged
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »
It has been brought up at a part of a Mark Twain dark ride with a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.  Renaissance is not exactly 1880s Ozarks, so I don't see this happening.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to be merged
« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
What about Tim Hawkins, Bill Engvall, or Jeff Foxworthy?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to be merged
« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2015, 07:42:41 PM »
Now back on topic.

I feel like this could be considered "on topic" since there really isn't any solid information on what we should be discussing for next season yet.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
to be merged
« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
What about a Renaissance themed area? Everybody loves knights, swords, and all that cool stuff. Kids would love getting knighted with the sword, or whatever you call it when they put the sword on your shoulder to make you an official knight. Jousting would also be nice....but some people would call it unsafe, even if they have professionals doing it. It doesnt have to be real, it just has to look real.

I appreciate you enthusiasm but I think you might be missing the point of SDC.  Have you ever been to the park?  Most of the ideas that you have suggested, while fun sounding, have no place at this park.  You might want to better acquaint yourself with what SDC is and stands for before chiming in, this isn't a random themes park.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: to be merged
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
I have moved a number of posts into this thread. This is the appropriate thread to post ideas, no matter how outlandish or unpopular they may be.  ::)

Lol, keep it up Laroy. I, for one, am entertained. Just keep it mature and in the right threads.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #356 on: March 15, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
Yes swoosh, i have been to the park more than probably anyone else. I dont see why we cant have any ride in the world, but you do have to know that there are only about 100 rides in the world, not including coasters. There are about 10 different kinds of coasters too. So, that means no matter what ride we get, some other park will have one too. You want it to be "different", but being that different just wont happen until someone invents new types of rides. We could have anything, even a suspended coaster. After Firemans Landing, I think they can theme almost anything. So what if its like Grand Expo! Its about enjoying the rides! So what if they dont fit into the theme! It makes people happy, they make money from them, and it makes memories.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
Thank you for confirming my suspicions that you do not understand SDC, that will make responding to you easier in the future.
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »
OMFG Swoosh! I do to!! Have you ever been? Branson is my 2nd home. Like I said before, I go almost every week.

As for crafts, I would like to see a salon and a shirt printing press.

Back to rides again: maybe some Tin Lizzy's cars or instead of cars, maybe plastic rocking horses. Also maybe some real horse rides. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:22:53 AM by Laroy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
Have I ever been?  Yep. I've been there once.
SWOOSH