Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180246 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
Wow! These are really good ideas! I dont know how i didnt think of them! Thanks! Also, i just googled Dive Coaster. I think that would be a GREAT idea! Its really weird that no coaster track is ever anywhere near any roads or walkways. They are all on the other side from us. Not at our level. I think a dive coaster would be great because we could stand about 7 feet from the track as it goes underground, and it would be a coaster with a tunnel. Out of 5 coasters, only 1 has a tunnel.....What is up with that? This park is about Marvel Cave, which is underground! Why dont we have more coasters with tunnels that go underground??? Also I think one of you love Steampunk. We need a Steampunk museum. Its like what the future would look like if we never left 1890, and they invented more stuff back then. Plus a building with animals that live around the woods in Branson. Like another small zoo.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
So... this thread has nothing to do with 2016... Instead, a personal wants thread and a what needs to be done thread...  ???

Well, I don't think anyone except Swoosh has an idea of next years project. So, we're all giving our ideas on what we want to see done in 2016. However, I'm pretty sure there won't be anything related to Halloweem added next year.

Heck no. But... if Disney can pull off a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween thingy where universal goes full on so could SDC.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:44:08 PM by chittlins »

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2015, 09:33:10 PM »
Doing halloween is a terrible idea.  Number one, part of the allure of SDC is the Christian atmosphere and emphasis.  Halloween does not fit in to this at all.  Many Christians do not celebrate Halloween and this will certainly hurt them.  Number two, look at the customer they target.  While it is always a family park, you see so many older people there during the fall.  You take away the fall fest, you take away all of that money.  And those people spend money and lots of it.  How would you market a Halloween festival to a bus full of seventy year olds? 

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
So...ahem...about this 2016 project...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:12 PM »
Ok, ok, I agree that we should probably be a little more focused with these threads, so let's try to stay on 2016 speculation in this thread, and use the other appropriate threads for Halloween event discussion or your personal wants/ideas for the park. Use the search bar at the top to find the appropriate thread.

That being said, my current leanings of our chances for 2016 are as thus: high probability of a new show/festival improvement + park improvements, medium-low probability of a single new ride (thinking in terms of a large flat ride), low probability of a ride refurbishment/replacement (thinking AP, mainly), and practically no chance of a new coaster. Then again, I'm usually wrong.  ;) 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »
Can't you imagine 50 years ago 2 frequent SDC visitors sitting around and saying "About this 1967 project you mean they're turning Slantin Sams into something called Grandfathers Mansion?!!!"  :D

Getting back to the topic I just watched the video for Dollywood's Firechaser Express and that really does look like it would fit in great at SDC (given an 1880s Ozark Theme).  I do like the thought of a family coaster with no conversions even if i'm not a fan of going backwards.
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 11:19:42 PM »
It occurs to me that I might need to differentiate between what the yearly project threads are vs. the ideas thread, especially when they are in their early stages and we don't know what's coming yet. These threads, until their respective official announcements, are for more targeted speculation based on persistent rumors, survey marker sightings, etc. There's kind of a grey area where it comes to reasonable speculation here, but it typically is understood that we'll discuss things we truly think have a reasonably high likeihood of happening.

I know I haven't stuck to this either, but we'll try to clean it up a bit going forward so it's easier to follow along.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »
Wow. Fireman's Landing is awesome. I did hear some of the music and jokes, but they didnt sound like jokes, and I heard a commercial for Crossroads Pizza. I was planning on getting a picture in front of Firefall but it broke down 3 times in 2 hours, so i didnt. Anyway, the reason im saying this on 2016 Project is because I was riding Fire Wagon and I noticed there wasnt any employee cars where the employee parking was, behind Red Gold Heritage Hall. I just saw gravel, a dump truck, and a construction machine. Could this possibly be where our next ride will be? Right past Grand Exposition, next to the train tracks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:05:54 PM by Laroy »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »
Nope. The parking lot was still full of FL construction stuff until a week ago. We just cleaned it up for re-surfacing, so we can park there, again~
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:32:43 AM by tinmann620 »
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
Anyway, the reason im saying this on 2016 Project is because I was riding Fire Wagon and I noticed there wasnt any employee cars where the employee parking was, behind Red Gold Heritage Hall. I just saw gravel, a dump truck, and a construction machine. Could this possibly be where our next ride will be? Right past Grand Exposition, next to the train tracks.

I noticed the construction equipment also.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
Tinmann, you said the word "we". Do you work in the park right now? Do you know any rides that they plan to build? Any rumors?

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:48 AM »
Yes, and everybody familiar with this site knows employees can't discuss plans and rumors until the red light goes green upstairs, heh
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
Other people tell me...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)