Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283664 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
^I've always noticed that space, but it's been a long time since we talked about it on here. It's a perfect space for a ride because it's a great amount of space tucked away behind things.

Just throwing this out there: I'd personally look into putting something like a HUSS Top Spin there (or rather, one of the Zamperla/KMG variants that might be more reliable). It could be oriented so that the back is facing the train depot so that side isn't disruptive to the depot atmosphere, and themed to a sawmill. Here's Talocan at Phantasialand, which we've brought up a few times before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEmHHqBrnQM

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
^I've always noticed that space, but it's been a long time since we talked about it on here. It's a perfect space for a ride because it's a great amount of space tucked away behind things.

Just throwing this out there: I'd personally look into putting something like a HUSS Top Spin there (or rather, one of the Zamperla/KMG variants that might be more reliable). It could be oriented so that the back is facing the train depot so that side isn't disruptive to the depot atmosphere, and themed to a sawmill. Here's Talocan at Phantasialand, which we've brought up a few times before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEmHHqBrnQM

Heve you seen the Zamperla Air Race concept that rises up high. It was shown at a presentation that they gave to try and manage that place up in New York.

Anyways, IAPPA starts soon, i'll go cooky over the new ideas, like to attend that one of these days.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:33:27 PM by chittlins »

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »
I think Chittlins' is clearly the most desirable option, but hey, theres plenty to be said for a nice big flat too.  Of course, I thought Buzzsaw Falls was pretty cool, so take that with a grain of salt.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Heve you seen the Zamperla Air Race concept that rises up high. It was shown at a presentation that they gave to try and manage that place up in New York.

Anyways, IAPPA starts soon, i'll go cooky over the new ideas, like to attend that one of these days.

Nah, that's not a ride I'd want to see plopped down in the heart of the city. The reason I liked the Top Spin is because they seem to easy to enclose or heavily themed so that they are at least partially concealed. The only place I think a ride like that could "work" at SDC is if they put it up in the corner of GE where the Galleon is now. That way it's part of the kooky expo and can be played off as some sort of bizarre steam punk invention, without affecting the feel of any part of the park except the immediate area of the GE.

IAPPA surprises me every year. I think lately it's the suggested implementations of ride technology that really interest me more than the tech. itself, and more companies are getting better at showing that off. I'm also really interested to see what GCII will have... they were doing some fairly innovative smaller/economy coaster ideas, but then they lost half their staff just a few months ago. I still really want a GCII at SDC.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »
I think a lot of people would like to see some form of the diving bell return.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »
Posted about this ride before but this video really shows the possibilities with this ride system and would love for something based on this to find a home at SDC. I think with the right story, it would really elevate SDC.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152887691883493&set=vb.97242928492&type=2&theater

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:37 AM »
Wow!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 11, 2014, 07:38:22 AM »
Wow!

Kills ser real birds with one stone doesn't it. It's inverted, a spinner, and perfectly suited for dark ride elements all with what appears to be a fast load station.

I love the indoor station with the slides. I think there's a couple of kiddie rides in there that isn't shown. Would help with the cold weather of Old Time Chirstmas.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:41:34 AM by chittlins »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
I like that we have a place to talk to other random SDC fans about any random stuff. I live in Oklahoma and I go to Branson almost every 2 weeks, so a lot of the employees are now my friends. Like Zar, Fire Chief Jessi, T-Bone, Miss Daisy, Terry Sanders, Catfish, Shorty, Lair, Tom and Tim who play Scrooge in A Christmas Carrol, Bart who plays Jacob Marley and works in the maigic store, Ric, Fred-die, Cathy, Jason, Larry, and Kenna.

I have thought about a lot of stuff that I would like to see.

1. A suspended coaster like the one in the blueprints on Undercover Boss. I want it to go above everybodys heads because I know they have some unused room here and there around the park. So put the poles in the unused space. People can watch thier children and take pictures from the streets. Making a coaster go underground is also a good idea. They have lots of unused room underground.

2. I miss Celebration City A LOT!!! Open it back up as a the same 50s/60s theme and put in any cool rides you can find online. I want to ride bumper cars, free go karts, scrambler, free mini golf, tilt a whirl, fireball, chaos, and the flying aces again. Either that or bring expand SDC and bring them there. We really need bumper cars, free mini golf, go carts, an arcade, the ferris wheel, and tilt a whirl. They also need to do something with Wildcat. Like maybe buy 2 new trains and bring it to SDC.

3. I want a forwards and backwards coaster like the Boomerang Coaster that is at a lot of parks.

4. The Ferris Wheel either go in between the Waterboggan tower and Firemans landing, if not then i want a big mini golf course there (its looks like a great place for a mini golf course), or i want the ferris wheel in the small space on top of the small waterfall that never works anymore between Riverfront Playhouse and Boatworks Theater.

5. I want to see another railroad crossing going across the tracks behind Firemans Landing, along with a coaster and carnival rides back there.

6. Ive heard great things about how Fire in the Hole used to be, when it told the story and went on a longer track including a track broken bridge track that went down somehow. I want to see this come back so I can see what it was like. Im tired of telling the story myself.

7. More rides up the road from Outlaw Run. Connecting Wildfire with Powder Keg also sounds like a good idea. Make that into a big circular road and put another ride back there.

8. I want to see some kind of ride or show on or over Lake Silver. The Lumberjack show was awesome! Bring that back!

9. Rides going over each other sound cool. Like a coaster over a water ride. You wont know if you will get wet or not. You know you wont get wet during the winter because they dont run water rides then. So getting soaked relies on another ride, while you are already riding one.

10. Either change the American Plunge or get rid of it! Ever since the horrible upgrade it got 6 years ago, its become bland and boring! I liked it the way it was with the manicans and lights that came on, which told a story. Unlike now. Traveling thru a dark tunnel slowly, that tells no story. I usually scream, shout, and talk with other people while in the tunnel for something to do.

11. I am soooo excited for Firemans Landing next year! But why did they build Half Dollar Holler and  do a lot of advertizing for it when there wasnt much there? Plus, theyre moving the lil swings to Firemans Landing. Why did they build them in the first place? I hope they put something there. I hate seeing an area die like that. Put a ride in place of it!

12. Ive heard good things about the diving submarine thing or whatever it was. I never seen it but i really want to know what it was like. Please bring it back.

13. Redo the treehouse or take it out! Its an eyesore that nobody can use. Its useless.

14. Some kind of a scary ride and a halloween festival.

15. There are a lot of couples or people who are in love who come. I want to see "The Tunnel of Love" telling a story of a regular couple in love. Going thru marriage, child birth, raising kids, growing old, and getting grandkids.

Please comment or say what you guys think.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:29:53 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Over the years, the park has gone down hill because of many things. First, in the past SDC was a great park that i was proud of, with a great, old, park that played great oldies which wasnt from the 1880s but it was close enough and they were good songs. Then about 7 years ago, they change the park theme for some odd reason to a dumb cowboy theme. I dont know why. They got rid of all the good oldies shows and started playing stupid country. Why? What happened? How? It used to be a great oldies park like celebration city. They even built Outlaw Run and gave it a cowboy theme. I mean come on! Ever since the theme changed, the only time i heard a good song that i wasnt playing, was in a few shows that brought their own good music that they like. Which were 3 shows. David Willey, birds of prey show in echo hollow, and the Flying Ace All-Stars. They played a few good oldies and some great Rock songs.

These are the shows i want to see at SDC or come back:

1. The 50s/60s oldies show in echo hollow which was so awesome! Why did they bring a stupid all country show? There needs to be a good show that plays 1 good genre like oldies, rock, or pop, or a mix of every genre, so there is something for everybody!

2. The lumberjack show.

3. The pig races

4. Great shows during summer fest like a BMX Bike stunt show, veggie tales show, or an old school, Cirque di Sole steam-punk like variety show, kind if like the saloon show but with jugglers and acrobats.

5. The Parrot show, the Skinny Improv, or a show like Ignite The Night from Celebration City.

6. The guys from Uhkraine who dance like theyre croutching on their shins. I liked them. They were great dancers.

7. Chinese shows are always good and very interesting.

8. David Willey had the greatest Science Show ever! Keep him!

9. The birds of prey show in echo hollow.

10. Flying ace all stars

11. The Australian singer. I cant remember his name. His last time was about 7 years ago.

12. A Wild west gunfight stunt show that is actually good this time! The pinkerton man sucked because every year there was sone kind of bad music or stupid song. Go to Frontier City in Oklahoma City and watch their stunt show! That is and always will be the best stunt show ive ever seen! You will learn a lot from that show! It has everything you could ever ask for in a stunt show. Good Rock music, FIRE, an explosion, lots of shooting with blanks of course, comedy, and great fighting. I feel like im at a wrestling match when i watch it because its so thrilling! Plus they are professionals down here. You can learn a lot from Frontier City.

13. A scary, sideshow, freak show. Where people do weird tricks with their body.

14. Some new acts for the Street Shows. They have done the same ones for the past like, 8 years now abd im starting to get bored wuth them. Dont get ne wrong, i really do like them. But ive seen most of them 5 times so far.

15. Young Christians Weekend. Why dont they get awesome bands that everybody knows and loves? I wanna see SKILLET and Matt Kearney! They are my 2 favorite Christian singers.

16. They say they play bluegrass now? Which is just another word for country, pretty much. Tgen why dont they get a good Bluegrass / Rock band? Why dont they get MUMFORD & SONS? They are awesome! They have taken bluegrass to new heights and showed that you can play a banjo in a rock song and make it sound good! Mumford and sons....I will wait. I will wait for you!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
It sounds like you have your themes confused.  SDC is not about the oldies or 50s.  It's not a park about Christian rock bands.  It's not about contortion shows, stunt shows, etc.  SDC is a romanticized version of the 1880s.  Some of the things you tout are the very things that most of us cringe at - the loss of the true theme.  Bluegrass music would be the heart of the type of music that would have been played in the hills - certainly not Skillet.  The part is and should be about history, heritage, and faith.  While pushing the limits on presentation, those things constitute the soul of Silver Dollar City.  All of your carnival rides will make SDC like every traveling street carnival in the world and divert the attention from the beauty and the rustic charm of Silver Dollar City.  The theme has not been controverted, but we can agree that it has been expanded and in some cases diluted to include the time period but not necessarily the location.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »
H
It sounds like you have your themes confused.  SDC is not about the oldies or 50s.  It's not a park about Christian rock bands.  It's not about contortion shows, stunt shows, etc.  SDC is a romanticized version of the 1880s.  Some of the things you tout are the very things that most of us cringe at - the loss of the true theme.  Bluegrass music would be the heart of the type of music that would have been played in the hills - certainly not Skillet.  The part is and should be about history, heritage, and faith.  While pushing the limits on presentation, those things constitute the soul of Silver Dollar City.  All of your carnival rides will make SDC like every traveling street carnival in the world and divert the attention from the beauty and the rustic charm of Silver Dollar City.  The theme has not been controverted, but we can agree that it has been expanded and in some cases diluted to include the time period but not necessarily the location.

Well put, thanks HB!!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »

7. Chinese shows are always good and very interesting.

13. A scary, sideshow, freak show. Where people do weird tricks with their body.

Um......no
You have a great past just ahead of you.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2014, 04:10:39 AM »
Stay on topic, all the above has nothing to do with this thread. Personal ideas and wants belong in the "ideas" thread. Thanks~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »
Welcome Laroy... I disagree with just about everything you've posted, but at least it's a new perspective!  :D

I'm a little puzzled at your rejection of the cowboy infusion into SDC while simultaneously wishing for things like mini-golf and the 50's/60's show, among other things...

At least we can all agree on wanting to see the lumberjack show return.