Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283649 times)

Thunderation

• View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
I think it would be interesting to have an indoor Wing rider. There would be a lot of near-misses, and it could be themed very well. Maybe themed to a bat going into a cave.
You have a great past ahead of you.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2013, 07:38:24 AM »
Soarin' is great.it is a do not miss ride. As for Branson /SDC soarin' I would arrange it like this:
Scene 1: a foggy morning lake fishermen etc flyover that then goes into
Scene 2: a flyover of the Ozark hills
Scene 3: that dives down into the cave
Scene 4: goes through cave and heads towards a bright light
Scene 5: the light dims and you are flying down he strip
Scene 6: you see highlights of 76 leading you to the landing fire and water show
(Narrowly missing the flames- but getting a bit of the mist on you)
Scene 7: point lookout and SOTO give way to
Scene 8: the SOTH farm and tower swing you up and out
Scene 9: and into SDC flying by all the big attractions
(Avoiding GE!)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:48 AM »
RUBE!!!???   where do I sign up for that ride..!!! ;D ;D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
YES. An SDC version of Soarin' would be amazing!!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Sorry I had been up since 445 and totally forgot about this post! I actually had to read it to remember what I had posted. soarin is 4:51 long, I think that they could put together that much for the Ozarks. Throw in a few waterfalls , and some water surfing, tubing, white water, Branson belle...it would be well over 5 min! Just now invest in an IMAX camera ( half a million dollars) and start filming, a helicopter would be in need...

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
This isn't an attraction idea but the leftover concrete trenches from Buzzsaw falls need to be filled in with dirt an maybe plant some flowers on top.  It looks really ugly from the queue and on the ride.
You have a great past ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
This isn't an attraction idea but the leftover concrete trenches from Buzzsaw falls need to be filled in with dirt an maybe plant some flowers on top.  It looks really ugly from the queue and on the ride.

Yep that needs reworked for sure.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »
I actually like seeing where things once were, my daughter is really fascinated by my  stories of old rides.  If you really crane your neck you can still see parts of Jim Owen's Float Trip on the way to Wildfire.  But that's just my little ol opinion.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:04:13 AM by emmabugsmama »
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2013, 08:23:33 AM »
I was pleased to see that over the years as they added Wildfire and put in the AP, they left some of the old float trip as atmosphere. I worked at the float trip in '79, and am glad I had a chance to. They replaced it in '81, and I got to work at AP, too. I wish they could better utilize the old float trip mill, open it up as a shop, but unless they developed an AP gift shop, I don't know what they could do with it, as it is an island surrounded by AP channels.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

TwinsVikingsWild

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2013, 02:59:52 PM »
I'd like another roller coaster "The Western Shot"
Starts out going up a 150 foot lift hill, then a turn right, then straight down. After that, you go through a series of fast turns and inversions.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »
I'd like another roller coaster "The Western Shot"
Starts out going up a 150 foot lift hill, then a turn right, then straight down. After that, you go through a series of fast turns and inversions.

You literally just described Outlaw Run... or was there a joke there that went over my head?  ;)

Clanouper

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
My family had a lot of fun on the waterboggin'. We hated to see it go, especially if it wasn't going to be replaced with something right away. I would have like to have tried the Diving Bell and the Jim Owen's Float Trip before it was taken out.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »
Riverfront Playhouse experiences its most dramatic transformation yet.  We're not utilizing the space as a theater any more, so let's think creatively:

1.  Strip the interior and start laying the track for Silver Dollar City's newest dark ride.

2.  Make this into the new 4D theater.  Go West!:  the Incredible True Story of Lewis and Clark.

I don't know how the queue would work, but there is a little space there with which to work.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
My family had a lot of fun on the waterboggin'. We hated to see it go, especially if it wasn't going to be replaced with something right away. I would have like to have tried the Diving Bell and the Jim Owen's Float Trip before it was taken out.

I'm not so romantic as most for the Float Trip. I grew up running a 14 ft flat bottom with a 9.9 outboard  on the St. Francis. But...The Diving Bell could most definitely be recreated with amazing effect with today's new tech and should be the only consideration for a NEW dark ride.

Flooded Mine has been attacked but most top parks have a shooter dark ride. It could use a Tech and effect overhaul but the storyline is fine. That was an amazingly themed ride for times and still is. I've expressed what I'd do to FITH.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »
Riverfront Playhouse experiences its most dramatic transformation yet.  We're not utilizing the space as a theater any more, so let's think creatively:

1.  Strip the interior and start laying the track for Silver Dollar City's newest dark ride.

2.  Make this into the new 4D theater.  Go West!:  the Incredible True Story of Lewis and Clark.

I don't know how the queue would work, but there is a little space there with which to work.

Have you Google Earthed that area, with  the open patch of land between it and River blast, it's as large a footprint as Waterboggin had. I maintain this is an excellent location for and Indoor spinning Ice House themed coaster.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:01:15 PM by chittlins »