Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283651 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
What about transforming Mutton Hollow (i'm sorry, celebration City, or whatever its called) into...... Mutton Hollow  :o
No admission charge, arts, crafts, horseback riding, etc. I know all the trees were knocked down before SDC bought it, but still I miss the way it was back in the 80's and that abandoned amusement park is kind of an eyesore.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:24 PM »
I gurantee you, that the CC property will not be touched until 465 is completed.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
I gurantee you, that the CC property will not be touched until 465 is completed.

A don't think Modot is going to touch that for the forseeable future. Heck, they need to get rid of the lights south of Branson on US 65 and replaced with overpasses. As slow as Arkansas is on building roads, they are catching up on US412.  I'm almost willing to wager that a northern bypass of US 412 will get done before that. Some "folks" in Bentonville want that done to improve access to the pet airport. Arkansas is building half of the bypass around Bella Vista finally. I set here and see that the rum folks in PR and US Virgin Islands are getting hundreds of millions in aid. Yet this country can't fund the completion of I-49 ::)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »
CHITLINS!!!  LOL!! 
Dont even get me started about foreign aid money being spent when we have so much that could be done in our own country.. 
from feeding the people that "need" to be fed,  to additional funds for education, to hiway projects!!!
 OH MAN!!  No place to stop that conversation..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »
Save it for the politics board
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
This is a politic'n board. We politic'n for what ride we want.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
You's right swoosh!!  save it for the political forums, thats why i said it short and sweet..... ;D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:54 PM »
Ummm... Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands aren't "foreign"; they're US Territories. In fact, Puerto Rico voted this election to pass a petition for statehood. If all goes well, it should be our 51st state soon.

Attraction-wise, I'll forever and always restate my opinion that SDC needs a "People Mover" ride.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
Ummm... Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands aren't "foreign"; they're US Territories. In fact, Puerto Rico voted this election to pass a petition for statehood. If all goes well, it should be our 51st state soon.

Attraction-wise, I'll forever and always restate my opinion that SDC needs a "People Mover" ride.

Puerto Rico will not be a state anytime soon.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2013, 11:07:18 PM »

Don't hold your breath.  Sounds like it is being fast-tracked
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2013, 12:38:03 AM »
lol, so getting this topic back on track:

Looks like the prospect of the long-awaited adventure course is out of the question now that the chain is suddenly removing them from their properties. Up until that happened I was positive something like that was coming to the space vacated by the Waterboggin, and maybe that was the plan, but it looks like they can't take the associated risks anymore.

So what else could go there? The other popular theories included a G-fighter or some variant, but it seems like the chain has not rushed back to Gerstlauer to add another like they probably would have if they really loved MM. I think the mixed reviews of MM might have scared them off of the concept, even though MM is the most visually impressive ride they've built yet (IMO).

The other popular idea that was discussed a few seasons ago was putting the Mack SuperSplash from CC back there. That could be a very likely possibility for 2015, I would think.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2013, 04:53:38 AM »
If themed well, I could totally see them move the SuperSplash over to SDC.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2013, 06:06:20 AM »

Don't hold your breath.  Sounds like it is being fast-tracked

Nope, Puerto Rico voted for statehood sort of, read up on it. The results were very murky. They simply voted to not go independent. On the second part of the issue, many did not vote at all because it didn't include the Commonwealth option. It will take total control of Congress by the Dems to get it done as PR looks like it would add two Ds in the senate and 5 Ds in the HofRs.

I'll put 5 dollars down that Rs make gains in 2014

Oh, did I miss Stone Moutain removing theirs? Like I said, Bass Pro should buy the DW one and slap it in the Pyramid considering they want to do zip lines and a couple of stores have rock climbing walls.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:25:16 AM by chittlins »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
(Puerto Rico) should be our 51st state soon.

Nope, just the 50th. "West" Virginia is not legally a state.  ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »
(Puerto Rico) should be our 51st state soon.

Nope, just the 50th. "West" Virginia is not legally a state.  ;)

and the State of Missouri does not recognize the territory to our immediate west as a "state" as well.
SWOOSH