Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283803 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
Still seeing the lamenting of the loss of the backward cars on Thunderation. I've posted Gravity Group indoor woodie with backward seats and here's a new ride by Gerstlauer. This one is rather simple but a good solid family coaster that mom would ride with the kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvmP-4NrTVM

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
We don't want anything by Gravity Group in our park.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »

Ok. why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRMwy3-cnk

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
I don't know about you but that looked liked like some crazy ass fun stuff to me. Probably knocks the crap out of you but I love the premise.  What is your objection Swoosh?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »
Show me one GG coaster that has aged well.  You can't. 
Hades is horrible.  Voyage tears itself apart, so much so that it got modified.
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2012, 03:30:34 AM »
I don't know about you but that looked liked like some crazy ass fun stuff to me. Probably knocks the crap out of you but I love the premise.  What is your objection Swoosh?

I agree that that looked fun. Short, and I am not a fan of out-and-back rides, but still very fun.

I don't know what was up with the wait times after the lifts. Throughput could be much better.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »

I agree that that looked fun. Short, and I am not a fan of out-and-back rides, but still very fun.

I don't know what was up with the wait times after the lifts. Throughput could be much better.

That was the Gerstlauer over in Germany. I think that's called a family shuttle coaster and was their first or near first one of that kind. I'm thinking something like that could go in the area that's discussed often for rides down around the Culinary school and Echo Hollow. It hugs the ground, would stay below the tree tops, small footprint  and the U shape of it allows the queue to go down the middle. It would transition well between the kiddie coaster and thunderation. The video is nothing but moms and kids.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »

For once I actually agree with Swoosh on something. TGG is the new CCI both literally and figuratively. Their rides are awesome when they open, but quickly turn to crap because their track/train designs just can't handle what they are attempting to do with the medium. Hence the rise of RMC. With RMC taking over the big woodies, and GCI doing family/twister woodies, TGG better come up with something new quick or they're going to go down the same way CCI did.

As for the Gerstlauer shuttle, it's definitely got too small of a through-put for SDC. The crowds to the park are only getting bigger. Vekoma has a larger, better designed version, but even that might not be enough. For a family coaster I'd rather them go with a well themed Zierer w/ drop track like the one at legoland denmark: http://rcdb.com/10214.htm?p=37279

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
A mine themed ride based on the Euro fighter but with another attraction built in.

As part of the queue you come to the part of the line where the 8 or so people that  each train carries gets to the verticle elevator shaft that takes you down into the mine where you load into the ore themed train for the coaster. The eight people get in and as part of safty protocol strap into their seats. as the elevator starts the descent it goes normally but when out of sight of the queue line and in the dark something goes wrong and SNAP, your on a freefall tower for about 15 to 20 ft where you suddenly brake and then proceed to the ore train for the coaster.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »

Have GG's timberliner trains helped? Seems that given it's problems folks still rave about Holiday World's woodies and get them lots of media play.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
I'm guilty of pushing a spinner ad nauseum, now gerstlauer has inverted a spinner. Still think this in an icehouse theme would be great, Check in at 4:08 and turn down the volume or watch the whole thing from a Sega indoor arcade in asia. So much cool stuff  that would make Branson a year round destination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JV10UCO4X4
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:15:55 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »
I think a custom themed Vekoma family inverted coaster would work for the ICE HOUSE.
WDW is currently working on one themed to Monsters Inc for their Hollywood park.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:20 AM »
I think a custom themed Vekoma family inverted coaster would work for the ICE HOUSE.
WDW is currently working on one themed to Monsters Inc for their Hollywood park.

inverted as in going upside down or suspended as in feet dangling with no floor. Either one is great. I love the Vecoma concept that has the waterbombs and would interact with water cannons from the ground. Mix that into the 2014 ideal and you get an incredible amount of attraction im a small footspace. One of the reputable companies has a suspended coaster concept that spins as well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
Inverted as "hanging" from the track.  That's what inverted means.  Looping means, well it goes upside down.

Not sure what company you are talking about that has the spinning suspended coaster.  The link you had is not a spinning suspended coaster, it was the halfpipe that was Sega Joyland.

SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »
Inverted as "hanging" from the track.  That's what inverted means.  Looping means, well it goes upside down.

Not sure what company you are talking about that has the spinning suspended coaster.  The link you had is not a spinning suspended coaster, it was the halfpipe that was Sega Joyland.

go to the 4 minute mark of rhat video. They have installed a gerstlauer launched spinning coaster with an inversion.
The suspended coaster that spins is a Mack concept
http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/suspended-powered-coaster/info/c-pcs-info.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:15:58 PM by chittlins »