Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283652 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
Thanks chittlins. I got a good chuckle outta that  ;D. Ferris wheels are just plumb unsafe. I am with Tiff. I am scared to death of them and elevators. But that is another issue. I dont mind roller coasters in fact love them but I do not like ferris wheels
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
NO FERRIS WHEEL!!! ICK!!! GAG!!! I am serious. I hate those things.

I hate them too! I'm afraid of heights, so that's why I hate them. As long as I keep moving, like rollercoasters and stuff I'm fine, but as soon as I get stopped at the top, that's it for me!! No thank you!

I suppose the fact that I was in a cessna when dad would do stalls for fun prepared me for bout any ride. Later on, the Gs we would pull in his Agcat was fun too. I remember my first big ferris wheel at the worlds fair in Knoxville Tn.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
Thanks chittlins. I got a good chuckle outta that  ;D. Ferris wheels are just plumb unsafe. I am with Tiff. I am scared to death of them and elevators. But that is another issue. I dont mind roller coasters in fact love them but I do not like ferris wheels

Elevators are the WORST!!!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
take craft classes like the cooking classes the offer now. blacksmith 101, glass blowing 101, etc.

also would like to see a behind the scenes tour of city dollar city. i would like to get a look at the basement of the candy factory.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
hOw about some additions or at least repairs to the American Plunge.  I love that ride still today, but it is lacking in effect.
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

pintrader

« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
I think they should get the blue prints out for the original Float Trip and bring it back to it's original glory.  Then for a twist leave the plunge part in, and then at the end let each boat have a choice to take the plunge or just go back to the dock.  In other words get wet or stay dry.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
I think they should get the blue prints out for the original Float Trip and bring it back to it's original glory.  Then for a twist leave the plunge part in, and then at the end let each boat have a choice to take the plunge or just go back to the dock.  In other words get wet or stay dry.
  I love that idea Pintrader!
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
I also love that idea! I love water rides except the part where I'm walking around dripping wet and freezing to death the rest of the day, then being very uncomfortable on the ride home with the slightly damp clothes.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
Interesting idea, but the old float trip channel is used to cycle water through AP now. I'm glad they preserved the old channel and utilized it with the AP, and it is nice to pass part of the channel on the way to Wildfire. I can still remember where the old float trip scenes were on the channel. I worked the float trip in '79, and often was the early man in, responsible for cleaning the boats and filters prior to rope drop on Main Street. I loved the old float trip, and was sad to see it go, but excited about the new AP at the time ('81). The Dugan boys got to be among the first humans to ride the plunge. We came in a couple of weeks before the park opened to rehearse, and one day they told us to come over and try out the new ride. They were looking at the boats as they came down the lift hill to make sure everything was running OK, and they ran us through the ride over and over again until we were glad to get off. I remember Jack Herschend watched us go around a few times, and his smiling at us as we came over the top of the hill for the first time. We must have had frightened looks on our faces. Anyway, we survived. (Well, most of us did, HA!) ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

pintrader

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
One big thing if they could and would bring the old Float Trip back is Old Time Christmas.  The things they could do with it would be almost endless.  They tried to do something with River Blast a couple of years ago but it was so short no one really wanted to ride.  As of now during that time of year American Plunge is closed down and literally dead in the water.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
The OTC idea would be really cool! I would definitely ride it :)

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:01 PM »
In another thread I bemoan Geyser Gulch and wish it removed. Seems Tom and Huck is a hit with the kids. Lets take the water play lost in Slash Harbor and Geyser Gulch and bring it back in a interactive way that involves a coaster to boot. I really think they could get creatie with theming with this,  like the secret of Ozark folks piloting  kites made of quilt blocks.

Here's the coaster that gives me the idea:
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=14

A suspended coaster that SDC lacks but with the ability to drop water bombs on those firing the water cannons at them. See how it could go out over Lake Silver a bit

This would allow for a new development for the kids  vand adults larger than the pre k kids that Half Dollar Holler seems to be for. Something that incorporates challenge courses like Adventure Mountain and old play area the Treehouse was part of now complete with a new Treehouse that meets todays requirements.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:00:04 PM by chittlins »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »
Buzz Saw Falls Part II? Hmmm...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2012, 07:47:21 PM »
Buzz Saw Falls Part II? Hmmm...
not really, just no half coaster/ half flume. I got a kick that pics of Buzzsaw Falls is still on the manufacturers web page.
Notice that picture, it also has a tunnel element.  I'm seeing lots new coaster go out over water, check up this picture of a euro fighter like Mystery Mine they stuck on the pier in Galveston

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=352615238136732&set=a.219370708127853.58202.177272299004361&type=3&theater#!/galvestonislandpier

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:49:49 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
Another idea for a new dark ride is taking the Gravity Group's indoor woodie concept and theming it like a trip through the woods of the Ozarks at night complete with animatronics of Black Bears, panthers, and even a skunk that'll spray you with an odorless fog.

http://www.thegravitygroup.com/portfolio_fleet.html

Something similar but more outdoor than in.

Also throws those that miss the backward cars on Thunderation a bone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRMwy3-cnk
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:14:08 PM by chittlins »