Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283884 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »
Oh!  somebody is fopr sure watching this site..

you can put money on it and give odds!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Didn't they have a similar ride at Dollywood where Dolly and her Cousin were flying thur The Smokey Mountains that could be set up a a stage coach?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
How would everyone feel if instead of investing in a new ride they invested in a new "area" to expand the park? (something more fitting for the park than the great exposition.)  Fill the new area with new shops, craftsmen/craftswomen, and shows. This would allow room for more future rides and expansions while eliminating the need to remove older attractions to make room for the new ones? As much as i like HDH, i would have rather they kept the natural beauty of the bridge area and moved the attraction to somewhere else. Also, I fear management will crowd or land-lock SDC with major rides leaving little to no room for future growth.   

I think it would be great if they built the area around the back side of the lake while leaving the existing tree buffer on the back side of the lake.

My suggested area has a few issues, like the relocation of some major SDC maintenance buildings. However, SDC could relocate some of these buildings.

Thoughts???
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:38:58 AM by Polley »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:24 AM »
They would have to relocate the train shed and the staging area for the parades...plus loose an employee parking area. That said, the area would be good for development.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
Don't expect them to expand back into the maintainence area anytime soon. Moving all of that to a new location would probably be a major challenge, and highly expensive if any of those buildings have specialized foundations for equipment as I suspect. They can and probably will eventually do it, but I'd expect to see them expand to either side first. They'll probably put a path between the tracks and the pond before they ever expand back there.

Management isn't land-locking the park, they have enough foresight to have general expansion points and plans. I know there are expansion points off of Wilson's farm, GE, SH, and by the major coasters, and maybe one behind the homestead as well if they're really desperate for space. There's a lot of places to build before they have to make major changes to their operations though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »
I dont see any expansion in that direction.. I dont think they want to make the city any "bigger", but instead utilize existing area.    That's why HDH is where it is.

As shave said there are 3 or 4 other areas that would be easy to use/modify
the space behind the falls between WF and PK. is an obvious area.
WW and behind GG is another one.
as well as shave mentioned spots.

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
You all are probably right.  However, these were just my attraction ideas if they were to ask me. ;D of course mgmt. will more likely than not build a new ride attraction before they do anything like this.  As for my "land locking" concern,  I just don't want them to put in too many rides then when they are ready to expand behind the lake, or another area, opt to remove a classic attraction that many of us love. Thanks for everyone's input!!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »
What makes Silver Dollar City so great is that it is not a flat “parking lot” style Amusement Park. There are hills, and valleys, and terrain variations all over the park. On the other hand, that is also what makes Silver Dollar City development such as challenge, especially on the westside of the park.

There is plenty of room south of Wildfire, which stretches behind the homestead area, and all the way to the parking lots. However, this area is very steep, which would add complexity to any design, and construction.

To add insult to injury, the north, south, and east sides of the park are restricted by the roadways, maintence areas, and parking lots.

If only that silly cave wouldn’t have established itself in the middle of the Ozark hills so many years ago! :D

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »

If only that silly cave wouldn’t have established itself in the middle of the Ozark hills so many years ago! :D

I know, how about a shot tower shooting out from the cave's cathedral room?!  ;D

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
I'd like to see a woody that incorporated the terrain but actually go underground long enough to totally blackout. The flooded mine takes away it being a mine theme I guess.

I'd like to see a rebirth of the diving bell. with all the advances in simulation rides and video screen like Oled that can bend it would really be as realistic as possible. Maybe incorparate 3d into it.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »
When the old diving bell existed, my area manager Ron Herschend confessed to us that he got motion sickness from riding it! I think if they ever brought that attraction back with todays technology, it might be so good I'd get motion sickness! However, the attraction holds a special place in my memory, and I would love to see it reincarnated. Probably not, though. As I've said before, Rube and  his diving bell are now part of the romantic history of SDC's bygone days. I'm proud to have been one of those who were a part of those times. :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

stlphotogal

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
We really thought the saw blade was going to cut our cart in half, and that the explosion would really flood us completely.  It was a dark ride well done, not just a carnival amusement. 

THIS! As a youngster I would make my dad sit on the outside so I was certain not to be cut by the spinning blade. I always prayed that we weren't in the car that was in front of it when the lights went off.

LOL.

momto3dcl

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
Ok I will be the odd ball. I wish they would brings back the Waterworks Waterboggen. And revamp it. This was my daughters favorite ride.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »
My family had a lot of fun on the waterboggin'. We hated to see it go, especially if it wasn't going to be replaced with something right away. I would have like to have tried the Diving Bell and the Jim Owen's Float Trip before it was taken out.
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
The park has been asking about water rides a lot this year it seems. I don't know if that's simply due to the heat and to make conversation with their guests, or if they're legitimately trying to gauge interest in another water attraction. It sure seems like RiverBlast did not receive the welcome they expected.

However, I would be surprised to see them go out and actually bring in a new water attraction. If anything they'll probably plop Roaring Falls in the old waterboggin location or out behind GE. If we could choose though, I might go for something like the newer Mack Spinning raft rides (http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=99&linkid=6884).