Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283851 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
The diving bell in 2010...that's a big step forward from the simulator attraction I worked at. I could see a stagecoach theme...really, any Ozark flavored theme would work with this simulator attraction. It's great!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Would the vehicle be an open-air coach, or do I have to look out the windows?  How would it look w/o the horses?  Could guests board it with the help of a moving belt, or will it have to stop to unload and load?

I love the idea that it could change with the season.  Perhaps it could even change several times a day, through the use of scenes on turntables, so the experience could always be fresh and "collectible".  Every once in a while, a live outlaw could actually interact along the ride.  Or perhaps there would be an outdoor portion that could take guests through native wildlife.

This would be awesome if it were to become SDC's Pirates of the Caribbean, with full-size vistas, beautiful Indian villages, and entire bandit campgrounds with funny and memorable animated characters.  Or am I thinking too big for SDC?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »
^^I see, Junior.  This could be SDC's version of Soarin' at EPCOT.  Steampunk the coaches and allow them to fly through the old Ozarks before flying through the west.

Now for a name...

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
This kinda goes back to my idea of having a ride attached to Jesse James. The way technology is today, his image could be used along with other outlaws and western figures to make it feel like they were actually chasing you or riding around you.
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
All these ideas are great...I hope somebody at SDC is monitoring today!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2010, 06:26:28 PM »
^^I see, Junior.  This could be SDC's version of Soarin' at EPCOT.  Steampunk the coaches and allow them to fly through the old Ozarks before flying through the west.

Now for a name...

How about Stage-Coaster?

They used the name I came up with!  Yeehaw!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:11:50 PM by Duelist »
I'm Your Huckleberry

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »
Here's an idea that could work with the 3D technology.  This just premiered in California at Universal.  This video takes a little while to get going (fast forward halfway through to start), but it gives you the general idea.  Screens surround the vehicle.

Maybe they could do something similar with a stagecoach "vehicle" on a track that goes outside on part of a track then transitions into a show building for the experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2pZrERJg0&feature=related
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
Wow...some serious potential here. Could you imagine being the victim of the Stone County Baldknobbers and being flung deep into the Devil's Den? Or how about a ride in a Jon boat on the quickly rising waters of the White River after a thunderstorm? Or being held up by bandits on the Butterfield Stage Line? Or being the victim of "the creature on the creek?" OR a new and improved diving bell? Thanks for sharing the video.
Now my mind is racing...how could this be changed to fit the SDC theme?

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51:28 PM »
Another really cool idea might be to make this whole concept into a Rainforest-Cafe-type restaurant where all of these events happen around the diners.  Of course, I'd rather see this as a Mark Twain package.  As with other locations, the restaurant would be accessible from outside the park with its own parking area.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »
Ooo... A Mark Twain-themed Rainforest-Cafe type restaurant??? I am SOOO for that!

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »
In the fall the theme could be along the line of the "Headless horseman"  The Christmas theme could be runaway sleigh, the spring could be the lost river ride white river flood,  the summer with JJ.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »

Now for a name...

How about Stage-Coaster?

They used the name I came up with!  Yeehaw!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »
Duelist, pretty cool, huh? Wonder if they will somehow give you/SDCFans credit here?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
I like the restauraunt idea..  would fit right in!.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
Duelist, pretty cool, huh? Wonder if they will somehow give you/SDCFans credit here?

Well, if they wanted to give me, like, a lifetime Season Pass I reckon I'd take it.  :D

Seriously though, maybe this is proof that the "powers that be" really do visit this site.
I'm Your Huckleberry