Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282739 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2015, 08:56:20 PM »
I have to admit, being an armchair imagineer is fun.
Here is my plan for the area.  
I think completing the loop and redoing the walkways near Wildfire will really help out here.
Also moving the log flume station to near the Lumbercamp area is a must and then that area can be themed to being an actual Lumbercamp.  The furniture store can add a backstory to the fact that they get their wood from there.  The eating places across from Lumbercamp need to be rethemed to reflect the direction that the area is going with.  Also would anyone be against moving the Old Time Photos to maybe up on the square or even where the Woodworkers are near Huck's Hideout?  The Woodworkers could be moved to that space then and then we have even more woodworking stuff.

Now for the ride, I want the splash down visible from the dinning patio of Lumbercamp - that should add more traffic to that area.

---

Now you might notice that I added some expansion pads back by Wildfire.  I think with that new loop, that opens up area for another coaster pad.  Also I think a new restroom will be needed on the new loop and I think where I put it on the map is a great spot.  Another grab/go food place can be put back there with a patio that dinners can sit at and watch both PowderKeg and Wildfire.  

Oh and there is enough room to put in a super themed flat ride back there as well.  Maybe something like the Cloudpoofer 2000 at Worlds of Fun... a themed indoor flat ride of some sort.  Must be inside though.
---

Again, thoughts?

Mix a coaster in that interacts with some segments of the flume and let's call a board meeting and get this going.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »
I like the path directly from WF to PK. I hate how on this thread right now we have two projects that would be great for the park and they probably won't be implemented at all, but I'd vote yes to both of these ideas!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
History Buff-

I like the idea of the show building - not sure it needs to be themed to a saloon too.
Where do you think it should be built looking at my map?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:09:19 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2015, 09:56:01 PM »
Again, thoughts?
Love all the idea so far and the ride idea works great with theme, full season operation, dark aspects that are unique.  Its a good idea.  The problem for me was
the placement.  I think the latest map is the best but I would pull down the path a little more in the bottom or corner of WF/PK this would allow more room in the circle.  This extra room would allow you to  combine the 2 rides into 1 piece of land.  There is sufficient room in that circle to contain both rides and possible have them both run through the same building. Possibly sharing some scenes, possibly being seperate and unique.   Also if you turn on terrain in Google Earth you will see a depression in the earth here that may lend itself to be usefull.  A big issue for me was the show building and being able to see it.   We only really need 1 FITH building in view on park.  I also thought about the (elevator)  drop of the coaster being used to get the cars under the train tracks. This would open up new places you could hide the show building.  If you were to berm the earth you could very esily hide the entire stricture even with it being quite tall.  Trees and berming and a little distance with that depression in the earth there you have everything you need.  I am great guns for this. Swoosh do you intend for the ride to run in the woods as well as the showbuilding ? In and out?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
So MH, you're thinking of putting the cave themed coaster and the new log flume both in the land area between PK and WF?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
I think the cave themed coaster needs to be up by the cave -- in fact, I've been thinking of having a new entrance to the cave be in that area as well instead of inside the HH.

----

I am all for having a coaster interact with the flume - BUT, I am huge on not having rides be overly visible from the midways and I think that having a coaster do that would defeat that mindset -- yeah I know I am contradicting myself with my new pathway there between PK and WF but I don't want to set a precedent that we cannot come back from.

BUT if we are dead set on having a coaster interact with flume, let's have the entrance to that ride be where I have "ride location" there by the grab/go restaurant
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »
Sorry that I can't see your map; it's that age old problem that I have with seeing images that are posted via whatever method you used.  I've always pictured the new saloon directly across the street from the current saloon.  That would allow for a competing saloon premise, which could be acted on the balconies between shows.  That means I would move the current Lumberjack Camp back and perhaps incorporate it into the same building, side by side.  Maybe that's what they serve in this saloon - hamburgers (I have to think about that.).  The ride could be blended into the area behind.  I wish I could see your map and see how your ideas are fitting in there.  How about the logs floating through the show building and the Lumberjack Camp?

The show itself would be a very manly dance and stunt show.

I also like the idea of blending in the furniture store.  The lathe is in the area, too.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 13, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »
Ok.  Let's put the new show in the location of the current Olde Time Photos place.  It can then be built back to the railroad track.  I like the idea of "right across the street"
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2015, 12:05:32 AM »
So MH, you're thinking of putting the cave themed coaster and the new log flume both in the land area between PK and WF?
Yes complete the loop in 1 shot.  Put in a eatery -bathrooms.  I agree the rides should not have entrances near each other.  I think 2 completely separate experiences but sharing some common visual passing. ( thinking the train and Splash Mountain or Pirates and the Blue Bayou restaurant., Mexican pavilion in Epcot.)  All are passes inside a building and they are short and once, this seems to work. IF you intertwine too many elements is messes the thing up.
 I think if you look into finishing out the loop you also will loose a lot of "BS" pieces of the park that don't serve a purpose, the AP if taken out would open up a large piece of land.  Think of the entire float trip with loading areas of the ride that were overbuilt.  Wildfire I do not think I have ever seen coming out of the building If they are using the entire q.  This opens up lots of property here and I would think it would be ADA compliant as far as walkways.  I would think the ground on the loop here could be graded fairly reasonably as well.  It doesn't seem to be unworkable by any means.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2015, 07:36:02 AM »
I think the cave themed coaster needs to be up by the cave -- in fact, I've been thinking of having a new entrance to the cave be in that area as well instead of inside the HH.

----

I am all for having a coaster interact with the flume - BUT, I am huge on not having rides be overly visible from the midways and I think that having a coaster do that would defeat that mindset -- yeah I know I am contradicting myself with my new pathway there between PK and WF but I don't want to set a precedent that we cannot come back from.

BUT if we are dead set on having a coaster interact with flume, let's have the entrance to that ride be where I have "ride location" there by the grab/go restaurant

I get your concern, the only time the coaster and flume would be viable would on two instances, one where it where it runs parallel to the flume stream (think like how railroad
s do that) before it curves off and again as it crosses the flume path just  after the big splash, where the timeING  old get you a little sprinkle and add suspense for the coaster rider, kinda like this but more to scale

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 14, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
I may have gotten lost in the versions but I thought Swoosh was suggesting a indoor ride with heavy theming to the cave or mine.  My interpretation of this intermingling is the
ride being in a building, possible a " Mountain"  this would really allow the rides to be separate but share the same space.  If not a mountain than the thought of a berm planted with trees using exposed mine shafts, possible fax shafts included with the twisted rusted track sticking out hinting at a element of danger inside the mine.  I think it would be a great incarnation of Mystery Mine without the neck breaking outside portion and possible a different car configuration.  Mystery Mine in DW REALLY beats you up bad.  Great idea but bad manufacture.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #626 on: June 14, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
I may have gotten lost in the versions but I thought Swoosh was suggesting a indoor ride with heavy theming to the cave or mine. 

Yes, I am thinking he wants a cave themed ride with indoor and outdoors parts.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:22:24 PM by Tmboote »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #627 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:29 PM »
We have two different projects in the thread.  One:  the mining/cave theme which would be in/near/behind the mine and mill restaurants (between there and FM), in a mining-themed area of the park.  Two:  the lumberjack theme across from the saloon (between there and the current AP).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 14, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »
1. When I look at the map, I wonder why there is so much land that they haven't used yet, near AP, over AP, and between/behind The Lumberjack Camp and PK Photos.

2. This idea blends several things we have been pitching, but where did you get all the stuff to build that model and build it so fast?

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »
Last week, I had a chance to ride Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios. It was the best theme park ride I have ever ridden. SDC could do so much with this technology. Escape from Gringotts is basically a cave-themed ride with wizards and dragons. Replace them with bats and baldknobbers, and you've got yourself a winner.