Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 16269 times)

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2020, 01:19:58 PM »
I am thinking about making a quick trip over this weekend, either going over tonight or tomorrow to check out MRF.  I am correct it my assumption they got rid of reservations for season pass holders, correct?

Correct. Not until Labor Day.

Masked offender

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2020, 12:06:01 AM »
Ok, I need the real scoop, with as little judgment as possible. Wearing a mask for an extended period of time is not an option for health reasons I will not go in to. Does anyone KNOW (not guess) if the park is kicking people out if they don't have their mask up the whole time?

Thanks for any answers anyone has!

Fergy328

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2020, 08:11:55 AM »
Ok, I need the real scoop, with as little judgment as possible. Wearing a mask for an extended period of time is not an option for health reasons I will not go in to. Does anyone KNOW (not guess) if the park is kicking people out if they don't have their mask up the whole time?

Thanks for any answers anyone has!

I was there on Saturday and saw a fair share of people not wearing masks in the queue lines. Ride ops did call out those people to wear the masks once they actually saw them without the masks. They didn't let them on the rides if they weren't on, and didn't start the ride until they were over the nose. The only time I really took my mask off was to eat and drink.

So, while it wasn't strictly enforced, you will get called out eventually if you don't have it on. Plus, you'll get weird looks from people all day which i would think would be uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:13:34 AM by Fergy328 »

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »
We have now been on a busier Saturday and a much less busy Sunday afternoon. We saw more people without masks on the Saturday than we did on the Sunday we were there. This could be due to a larger sample size, or it could be that it's just harder to enforce when there are bigger crowds. On the Sunday afternoon visit, we actually saw an employee ask a man on his way in to the Ozark Marketplace to wear his mask all the way to his vehicle. When he said he had lost his, he was provided one from a box.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »
It did appear most people were wearing masks and I heard them call out masks being required in ride lines but did not see them kick anyone out.  I will say the temp thing is a joke.  On Saturday we walked from our car to stop 2 tent and stood in the sun for a while.  The people in front of us had to wait in the tent under the fan for a bit (10-15 minutes) which held up the line.  When it was our turn the wife came back with a 108 temp on their temp gun.  We too had to wait in the tent till hers came down.  I told them they might want to call an ambulance if its that high!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2020, 10:00:27 AM »
It did appear most people were wearing masks and I heard them call out masks being required in ride lines but did not see them kick anyone out.  I will say the temp thing is a joke.  On Saturday we walked from our car to stop 2 tent and stood in the sun for a while.  The people in front of us had to wait in the tent under the fan for a bit (10-15 minutes) which held up the line.  When it was our turn the wife came back with a 108 temp on their temp gun.  We too had to wait in the tent till hers came down.  I told them they might want to call an ambulance if its that high!!

I was pretty sure the Temp testing would be  a problem...  LOL.. 
june/july/august?
southern Missouri?
have to walk to a tent to get tested? 
what could go wrong there?
after your starting to sweat or at least work up a sweat, you will be hot.     
If they checked anybody inside the park, they would be hot also...   sure hope they dont check anyone who just climbed "heart attack hill"..

mg

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »
...after your starting to sweat or at least work up a sweat, you will be hot.     
If they checked anybody inside the park, they would be hot also...   sure hope they dont check anyone who just climbed "heart attack hill"..

We've been multiple times so far this year and always park in preferred parking and walk to the entrance. We haven't had any issues with the temperature checks.