Author Topic: Opinion on park foodservice is it getting better or worse?  (Read 14257 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on park foodservice is it getting better or worse?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 07:18:54 AM »
Soda will dehydrate you, so I try to stay away from it when I'm at a park. Any place at SDC that has water on tap will fill your mug for free and usually put ice in it too.

Yeah, but there's nothing like a nice, cold fountain Dr. Pepper...er...Mr. Pibb!

I know water is best, but I have a Dr. Pepper addiction on vacation--and isn't anytime I go to Branson a vacation?  :)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
^ AGREED!!! i usually get water but there is something about sdc that makes me in the mood for DP aka PIBB..although i prefer a bottle of sasparilla over anything

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »
Sioux City Sarsaparilla all the way! Even though I can get them a mile from my house, I always get one. I drink water 98% of the time at home with the occasional Root Beer-Sarsaparilla mixed in (I am a self proclaimed root beer aficionado, if it is new, or different I will try it in search of the best one out there).Like StaceySue said isn't Branson a vacation? Splurge a little!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
1 pm today a group of us were hungry so we tried Big Jacks but there was a church group of 50 kids waiting to get in so we went to the mill restaurant.
We had a chicken / catfish buffet.
 The chicken was mis-cut pieces, salty and cooked to death. The only thing that really was worth eating was the broccoli salad.  The catfish was OK but showed ALOT of dark skin when you ate it.
There was a group of 7 of us and we all agreed however when we paid it ran 2 of us 30.00 to eat.
Guys that's just crazy.  They couldn't keep the food stocked and it was a salty mess.
I could have sat down and been waited on in Branson for 15.00 a person.
The cookies, funnel cakes, pop corn, Arctic lemonade we all great and we had no complaints.
I chalk that up to experience, I will not trust SDC with another fried chicken buffet, and never NEVER will I pay 15.00 for something like that at SDC again.