Author Topic: Opinion on park foodservice is it getting better or worse?  (Read 14245 times)

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on park foodservice is it getting better or worse?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »
I guess this is the right string for this question...Can anybody tell me what the price is this year for SDC cup refills?  We have both the "mug" type and a tall one. 
In His grip!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 12:45:26 AM »
Depends on your mug, of course.  Some of the older ones have the prices printed on them.  We're lucky to have snagged a cheaply-refilled one.  The glass ones are the least expensive, but I'm glad I don't have to carry one around.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
We have a couple mugs that refill for a dollar.  We have some that refill or 1.75.

So...guess it just depends ;)

And I loved when they only had the glass mugs.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
So you refill the cheap one, pour it into a more expensive one, the refill the cheap one again, right?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 05:14:23 PM »

Those glass mugs always seemed like a liability to me, encouraging people to carry them all day, ever seem one dropped?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
I have a box full of our old ones, and I have often wondered that same thing...isn't this a bit of a liability? I did as a child love the look and feel of them, much more than a plastic advertisement covered cups that are there now-even though these insulate much better.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »
Thanks for the info everybody.  I got out the cups and...lo and behold!!  There was the refill price right there on the side of most of them!   :P  Just goes to show..."If at first you don't succeed...read the directions!"
In His grip!

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
The mug I use is only 2 years old because even though I grew up going to the park, I never began appreciating it until the past couple of years. So I never saved any of my old ones. But I did go with a friend a few weeks ago who had a mug that was several years older than mine and had a different price listed on the side. But when we both stopped and got frozen lemonade, they charged us both the same higher price that was on my mug. Not sure if that's the norm, or if the guy just wasn't paying attention.

pintrader

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
I think the refill price that is on the mug is the price for the refill when you bought the mug.  I think the price for a refillable mug is like $9.25 with a refill charge of $1.75 this year.  So! if you take your $1.75 refill mug in let's say 10 years from now and the refill price is $2.50, you will still have to pay the $2.50.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »
They've always honored the printed price for us.  What are the refills for the glass mugs - something like 74 cents?

We really like our cups at Christmas for hot chocolate with the works.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 06:36:19 AM »
We have three of the glass mugs that we have not used for years.  There is no price on them.  It seems like they were free refills ???????????  It was too much of a hassle to deal with them all day.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 07:18:40 AM »
We've been charged different prices for our refills  in the last year.  Our mugs say "refill offer subject to change or cancellation" under the prices, so I'm guessing that's why we are most often charged the current refill price.  I don't push the issue.

Our mugs that we currently use are All-City, so they aren't that old.  We do have one Christmas one.  They have the skinny base that fits in car cup holders (and now our stroller cup holders).   

The oldest one we have right now (not counting a couple of glass ones)  is a Wildfire mug, but you can't close the spout; it's just an open hole, so we don't ever bring that one.  I can't read the prices on that one anymore.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 07:42:53 AM »
I have never seen a glass mug get broken at the park...kinda funny considering how many would have been circulating some days.

The ones we have that they fill for a dollar are from the first year they had geyser gulch and in all honesty you cant read them anymore. 

Last night I did a test and our Christmas Big Mug, holds more than twice the amount of the 1.00 refill ones, so by them charging us 1.75 it is actually cheaper per ounce.  Now if I could just get them to use less ice!

A couple years ago we bought the kids cups that have the straw and they love them, I just wish they were insulated.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
We have 3 refill cups. 1 from 2006 & fountain soda refills were $1.50. The other 2 are from 2007 & 2008, they say fountain refill drinks are $1.75. BUT! What we do now outsmarts it all, we just drink water for free.. ;D Soda aint us anyways.
Live life like it's the last day!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
Soda will dehydrate you, so I try to stay away from it when I'm at a park. Any place at SDC that has water on tap will fill your mug for free and usually put ice in it too.