Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128225 times)

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
The only thing with the other mini golf places is they are usually really really over loaded with teens. lol

And yes, I know all of branson for what I see is very clean, that's what I mean, I go there for the clean moral surroundings. I just brought that up cause I meant, I'm not looking for a night club scene or anything.

We always did do the mini golf and go carts with my family after dark, but I kind of liked the CC feel after dark MORE then the average mini golf/go-kart place on the strip. But, that was just me. Also most those places only have like pizza and burgers to eat. It would be nice to have a place that is a bit more adult, to go to, still clean (again not looking for night club stuff, just adult, and not over ran by teens). I like the landing personally, but it would be nice if most the stuff was open just a tad longer, and had a few more things besides shopping to do. I like the fire and music there though, just a few more things, like maybe mini golf on the water, here in Wichita, Kansas we have this place called exploration center, it's on the river, they even rerouted the river for it (just as a FYI I don't like the rerouting!) any way they have mini golf on the water there. We do love though some of the restaurants at the landing, they are nice with the rest of the family or by ourselves. I just am saying I like the idea of a boardwalk type park for CC a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Personally I wouldn't of minded CC just staying how it was if open just slightly later, and cheaper season passes, especially a discount for SDC season pass holders (larger discount!). I really liked going there personally.

Also I know there is lots of shows my dad really likes doing that too, me.....I like the SDC shows enough, I don't need to sit and watch another one after wards for the most part. Plus don't really have or want to spend the money on something that expensive. Would rather have something cheaper to do-walking around, maybe mini golf, etc more in my price range.

Also my husband and I both wish it was a bigger Bass Pro shop, more like the one in Springfield however, we understand perfectly that will probably NEVER happen as it would just be a HUGE mistake for the one already in Springfield, would probably go waaay down after that, as most wouldn't probably go ahead and travel up there for it, but stay in Branson and just go to that one. But, I wish they were a bit bigger, at least having some of the live animals. We love the bass pro in Springfield, love the fish show, and the ducks, turtles, etc. But, I think more things similar to that for adults to do would go over well.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Eh, we always got the All-City passes, so our fun at CC was pre-paid.  Also, have you priced mini-golf lately?  I mean the ones with cool stuff that grabs kids' attention?  It's not that cheap!

Yeah, maybe the cost for CC for a one-time ticket was high.  But the All-City pass made it affordable.  For every SDC visit we had a CC visit.  Just for the record, we haven't been back to WW since CC closed.

I miss CC.  It was a fun place to go in the evenings. 

I must be getting older though.  On my last trip to Branson, we took in an evening performance of Jim Stafford.  I can only walk the Landing so much.  Jim was fine, but I'd rather have had some rides on Ozcat.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »
stacey i agree with you about CC, spend a day or afternoon at the city, finish up at CC... BUT the PTB had the cost to the consumer miscalculated.  Thus the downfall of CC..

On another note, we went to see Jim safford this last trip, and although his jokes were somewhat funny, and it was good to hear some of his old songs. The "show" as a whole seemed a little slooowww, there was nothing to keep you occupied with what was happening on stage,  Good or bad he is also working his kids into his show also. both are very talented for their age, the boy is 18, the daughter is 14.  Decent and family orientated show, BUT not on my top 10 list of things to do!  LOL..  maybe my top 20?

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
I know this is off topic, however, I just had to tell Sanddune that I enjoy seeing his change of profile pictures...this last one is very creative.
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
LOL.  thanks josh,  I dont remember where I stole that one at!  But it seemed like it would fit it ok from time to time..

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
On another note, we went to see Jim safford this last trip, and although his jokes were somewhat funny, and it was good to hear some of his old songs. The "show" as a whole seemed a little slooowww, there was nothing to keep you occupied with what was happening on stage,  Good or bad he is also working his kids into his show also. both are very talented for their age, the boy is 18, the daughter is 14.  Decent and family orientated show, BUT not on my top 10 list of things to do!  LOL..  maybe my top 20?

Jim Stafford is always a hoot, and a real class act. However, I do agree that he has slowed down a bit, and is not as energetic as he was in his prime. His kids have had some part of his show for well over a decade now, but their parts have gotten bigger, and bigger each year it seems.

Welcome to the new 'Stafford Family' show!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
Ozark, I believe that is a perfect summation!!!  "The New Stafford Family Show",  that would probably be a better advertisement..

I just was not overlly impressed ???

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »
Is he still doing his 3D show? I thought that was fantastic. It's been about 7 or 8 years since we saw him.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
yep!!  the 3D show itself was pretty good, 

BUT i can see one of those at the Imax..  The movie was one of the things i didnt like about the show, I was expecting "live" entertainment.

oh well.  We know now....  I will see somehting else next time..

By the way larson,  when r u planning on being back to the city? dont you make a christmas trip or something?

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2011, 03:04:09 AM »
Yes Exactly Stacy!

That's why we went to CC for the mini golf, we figured we already had the pass might as well use it. And so it wasn't like we were paying just to play the mini golf. Just seemed like a "bonus". Personally we kind of looked forward to that being part of our routine when going there, having a evening that just he and I could hang out for free! lol

I've went to most the shows I think I have any interest in in Branson (I've been going there since I was a baby, I was going there before it was that popular, so I've seen almost all the shows) and I don't know, none have really grabbed me that much, I'd just assume go to the Echo Hollar show and save the money! lol haha The Echo hollar show also seems to be never ending fun to my husband, he never tires of it! lol haha No matter how many times a season we see the same one! lol Not to mention we get to eat good food during it, and be outside. I am not much of a "indoor" person. I would rather be outside, I just really don't go on vacation to be cooped up inside. We also rarely go to indoor movies, or anything like that either. We also lived for 10 years in NYC (actually my husband lived in NYC for 32 years, I lived there 10) and we rarely even went to the broadway shows, had to be something really really special to attract us to one. We usually only went cause we were dragged along with family. lol Sad thing is those shows costs so much money and for him and I the "free" shows at SDC were just as entertaining if not more so! lol

I would probably be just as happy if SDC put in mini golf and stayed open later. I know they have the summer madness thing, but they also close a lot of the food, and such during that. If they would keep it all open, we would stay, and have just as much fun. At the same time CC was a nice change of scenery for the night time, and the theme went well with "night" time entertainment in my opinion, the lights, and all that came about during that era etc, just seem "night" time.

Again though I think the price point was way off for the all city pass, and so was the day passes. I think they should of started off with a lower price point, and as they could add and build to the park and it's following raise the price.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »
yep!!  the 3D show itself was pretty good, 

BUT i can see one of those at the Imax..  The movie was one of the things i didnt like about the show, I was expecting "live" entertainment.

oh well.  We know now....  I will see somehting else next time..

By the way larson,  when r u planning on being back to the city? dont you make a christmas trip or something?

Haven't been to the IMAX for 3D yet, but I thought that was just movies, not a "real" 3d with the glasses and all. Jim Stafford did some sort of gag with flying carpets and such, he was dressed as a snake charmer and everyone had 3d glasses, it was a real show then and we thought it was great. At the time his kids weren't even in school yet I don't think so apparently things have changed on his show.

Yeah, we do go for OTC usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year the BAF's don't start 'till Dec 1 so that might change if we're bringing our usual companions. I really want to see Harvest fest, or at least get one more trip in before OTC, but so far it hasn't happened. I've got too many kids going too many directions and have been working Saturdays. Hopefully we'll get down some time in October. We usually do Witchy Weekend at Compton Ridge for Halloween but this I've got 2 kids playing in band at SMS that weekend. (throw darts if you want, but I refuse to call it MSU).
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2011, 06:46:05 PM »
(I'tll always be SMS to me too Larson!)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »

It'll ALWAYS be SMS to me, because I am a grad from Mizzou and refuse to acknowledge that regional state school exists, let alone was allowed to steal one of Mizzou's names.   Yes, the University of Missouri - Columbia was also registered as Missouri State University.  Hence, why Mizzou trademarked "Missouri's great STATE University" shortly after Blunt (Forced Trauma) allowed the move for SMS
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Larson if u get the chance go to a 3D at IMAX,  the big screen,  with the glasses is quite a show!

SteamFreak

• Hatfield
  • DO NOT pull the orange cable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »

It'll ALWAYS be SMS to me, because I am a grad from Mizzou and refuse to acknowledge that regional state school exists, let alone was allowed to steal one of Mizzou's names.   Yes, the University of Missouri - Columbia was also registered as Missouri State University.  Hence, why Mizzou trademarked "Missouri's great STATE University" shortly after Blunt (Forced Trauma) allowed the move for SMS

Go tigers!