Author Topic: Diving Bell Photos  (Read 20859 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Diving Bell Photos
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
In case this experiment does not work, let me apologize now. I opened a Flickr account, and have posted ten photos on it so far...all diving bell and "Deepwoods" related. I am NOT a computer literate guy, so I don't know if this will work. With that said, let's give it a try. See if you can find the photos at this address:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan

Here is a brief description of what's on there:

1) 1977 SDC Treasure Map   2) Map of Deepwoods from 77 brochure  3) Diving Bell promo from 77 brochure
4) photo of diving bell, 82    5) tintype of 1981 summer crew            6) Tintype of Mark as "Junior" 1980
7) James, Cliff, Mike, Charlie four members of the 1980 summer crew  8) Roy as "Junior" 1983
9) Lake Submersible shown in winter of 1981 when Lake Silver water level was drawn down
10) SDC 1978 postcard of diving bell

If you cannot find the photos, make a  posting and let me know. I'll try to get back to the account and figure out what I have done wrong! If this does not work, and you know how to make it work, leave a posting and I'll follow your advice! Thanks and hope you enjoy my first shots.  I still have photos of all sorts of SDC stuff in my scrapbooks.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sdcforever

Re: Diving Bell Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »
Wow!  Thanks for posting those pics!  You have some great stuff. :)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
Unfortunately (atleast in this situation) our firewall blocks Flickr, I'll have to wait the 3 hours until I can check it >:(

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:12:10 PM »
ah....memories....wished we could all go back to the good old days!

Thanks for sharing!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »
*is crying from the sheer awesomeness*

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
Awesome!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:13 AM »
I had some extra time to load a half dozen more diving bell related photos to my Flickr account. I think you will enjoy them. Here is what you can see that's new:

1) Photo of "the Colonel" a guy who worked the line in front of the diving bell.
    2) Photo of Phyllis, one of the "Ruby Dugan" gals.
    3) Diving bell wharf, with a view of the lake sub in the cave.
    4) Two diving bell maintenance guys. The computer banks beside them controlled the 5 diving bell capsules.
    5) Two of the Juniors from summer of '83 in the entry tunnels at the diving bell.
    6) A quiet moment along Lake Silver in the early '80s. The area where Geyser Gulch and Splash Harbor would be
       built in the years to come are completely empty in this shot.

I'm still digging through my old photo scrapbooks. I promise more SDC shots of the 70's & '80's are to come! In a few days or so I hope to post some photos of Jim Owens' Float Trip Ride. Keep checking back, OK?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »
Working off of Junior's recent postings, I have several that I hope to be posting in the next few days (My slide scanner has been on the fritz) that include 5 interior Rube Dugan's shots, 5 exterior shots, the float trip, the ferrier, and a few other defunct places around SDC from 1976. Overall I have nearly 300 slides to still go through, and 2 more boxes with late 70s/early 80s videos, and photos (probably 200-300 more here also!) that are untouched. Thanks Junior for giving me the kick in the butt to get these going!

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
cant wait to see those   thanks so much everyone

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
Great, Rube! I can hardly wait to see what you've got on those slides!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
I've added about ten photos from my days at Hee Haw Theater in Branson to the Diving Bell Photos on Flickr. Hope you like them.

TD8541

• View Profile
    • TK-8541 - Faithful Servant of the Empire
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
Those are some great pics of the Diving Bell.  I have a copy of the script at home, and many pictures from the archives they let me scan back in 2000 when I was playing "Rube" on park.

I'm the only one to ever play him in the flesh on park... Slim Pickens voice and all.  (I was listed on WikiPedia as being such for a while but it's not there anymore.)  Now I serve Lord Vader.  ;D

Here's a picture of the Rube Dugan costume I came up with.

I wore fake teeth and had dynamite on my belt with real fuses.  I'd walk around "Geyser Gulch" (right by "Lake Silver") and talk to people who "knew" me from my name badge about going to get Eli Tolts and how I was still tryin' to blast that submergable out from the bottom of the lake.

Lots of people often said, "You're Rube Dugan?!  Aren't you a little young to be Rube Dugan?"
And I'd answer, "No... it's still the 1880's ain't it?!"   8)

"One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off." - 1 Kings 20:11

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07:37 PM »
Hmmm... You don't happen to be the guy who ran the Geyser Gulch fansite, would you? I miss that site...

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
Welcome aboard!  ;D
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
Thanks Junior, for posting those photos.  I especially enjoyed the one of Russ and Kevin.  Russ is now manager of the Entertainment and Events Tech department, and my boss.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"