Author Topic: SDCFans Teachers  (Read 100832 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDCFans Teachers
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
^Way to go!  I bet that is a nice feeling.

I survived the JH basketball "Booster Kitchen" season.  That's a nice feeling.  I'm always happy when that is over with. 

2 weeks until Dollywood. :D
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
Since we are in survival mode...

As of today I officially survived season #6 of High School Cross Country. State meet was great except I almost wanted to hitch a ride home with Branson, just to get me down ...but I didn't.
Officially 1/3 through the school years sports seasons. Now I get to arrive home at a normal time, I get to recuperate this winter, get healthy and rehab my injuries and be ready in Feb/March for Track season!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
<--- COMPLETELY BURNT OUT.  >:(
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2010, 01:32:39 AM »
Missouri State University's Band played Red Gold Heritage Hall tonight and marched with the parade tonight, it was fun and awesome! We had a lot of fun tonight. Go Huskers is what I told people in MU clothing! 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2010, 06:06:05 AM »
huskers? oh man,  copper my respect for you and your knowledge jsut dropped 1 point. ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »
Southwest Missouri State University's Band played Red Gold Heritage Hall tonight and marched with the parade tonight, it was fun and awesome! We had a lot of fun tonight. Go "Missouri's Great State University Who Beats SMS at Everything" is what I told people in MU clothing! 

FIXED.  ;D
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »
Not a Husker Fan sanddunerider, just like to see MU lose. lol

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
LOL! ;D  thats the way i am about Nebraska..  dont care who they play as long as they lose!!!! ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »
Not a Husker Fan sanddunerider, just like to see MU lose. lol

Then it would have been more correct to have said "Go Tech" since that was who they were playing yesterday.

Why is this coming up in the teacher's thread? ???
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
^Way to go!  I bet that is a nice feeling.

I survived the JH basketball "Booster Kitchen" season.  That's a nice feeling.  I'm always happy when that is over with. 

2 weeks until Dollywood. :D

Oh yes!  It does feel good! 

I've only been to Dollywood once during the summer.  I've always wanted to visit at Christmas.  Maybe after retirement.  So, you'll have to watch their Babes in Toyland show and tell us if it's as lame as it looks.  I'm scared that it will come to SDC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2010, 11:01:56 PM »
You'll have to watch their Babes in Toyland show and tell us if it's as lame as it looks.  I'm scared that it will come to SDC.

My friends tried to watch it last year and they fell asleep.
'Course I couldn't make it through the new show that Dolly produced out there either... now the SDC shows I have no problem with, so IDK.

--------------

WHO IS EXCITED THAT TURKEY BREAK IS ALMOST HERE?
ME! ME! ME!
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:21 AM »
turkey break?  doesnt affect me either way. BUT for you people in the teaching profession, you have my admiration and I am sure you are ready for a "break"..  Good for you!!   thank you all for you effort..

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:19 AM »
Anyone else receive any literiture about this? Makes me really love I mean fear my job security.

Both Senate and House members in the Capitol this week confirmed the likelihood of renewed enthusiasm for attacks on worker rights and attacks on public education in the upcoming legislative session.   The results of the election are likely to have serious consequences for school employees and for public schools, and the Association will need unprecedented member effort and involvement to educate new legislators, advocate for a proven agenda in support of children and public education and to fight those proposals that threaten our public schools.

HOUSE AND SENATE SELECT NEW LEADERSHIP

Rep. Scott Dieckhaus has indicated that he expects to be picked to chair the House Elementary and Secondary Education Committee next year.  Rep. Dieckhaus filed legislation late last session on some of the key issues he plans to pursue: statewide expansion of charter schools, public school open enrollment, elimination of teacher tenure and a state-mandated teaching evaluation method.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
Ugh! That sounds a bit scary! Does Republican control mean less for schools?  :o
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Not a resounding yes, but traditionally they are for less change in the system. Not that either has what they need to make the schools work under No Child Left Behind, but I do not see this as the end all fix all. I do agree that teachers need to be responsible for the teaching, but I do not like the sound of the State mandated reviews, and a total lask of tenure. It just makes me question my profession...I just want to teach and forget about the legistative aspects passed on by those who have never set foot in a classroom on the other side of a desk.