Author Topic: SDCFans Teachers  (Read 100786 times)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: SDCFans Teachers
« Reply #405 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »
Even though I have graduated both High School & College, it still makes me nervous to see those "back to school" items all over wal-mart. haha
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #406 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »
I laugh at them.  I have over a month still before I get kids at my district.  We have to report August 22nd and the Kids have to report August 24th.  I've got LOTS of Summer left still. :)
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
we are in as I said on 8/1 everyday with meetings, kids on 8/8...uggghhhhh

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »
Yeah what's the big hurry with some of these districts this year?  Some of my friends are in the same boat with meetings starting on the 1st... shoot they just got out of school and now they're going back already?

The new district I am teaching at refuses to start until after the State Fair is over since so many kids are involved with that.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
We are one of the largest county schools in our area with over 18,000 K-12 students in our district. When we had a very large population increase in the early 70's due to St Louis' urban sprawl, schools could not be built quick enough to accomodate the influx of students, so cycles/ year round school was formed. It worked like this only for elementary students (Middle and High schools had summers off) 4 qtrs of 9 weeks in school+ 3 weeks out of school=1 school year...and unfortunately no summer break longer than the 3 weeks before entering the next grade. Now, with enough facilities, they finally overturned the cycled schedule and altered the whole district making it 4 qtrs with a 1.5 week break between each (Think of them like Spring break...only extended...and in the Fall, Winter, and Spring breaks) for all levels K-12. Hence our need to return early to accomodate the extra/ longer breaks).

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
Sorry you have to go back so soon, Rube.  I was sent a letter to report to school for some training on a computer program Aug. 11.  No one mentioned it until I received a letter.  Oh well. 

Our first day with kids in Aug. 17.  I think.  lol

eak3littlejohs

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
us teachers n staff have to go back on the 8the n the kids start back the 15....im not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
wow!! mid august is just too early!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »
As a parent of 2 teens, it can't come soon enough  ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »
So nice to have a day off from work when school is in session and the traffic is not as bad, lines at the theater non existant, and less traffic at the mall, too. Thanks teachers for keeping the kids during the day and teaching them a thing or two.  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »
School days are the best time to visit Branson!

Teachers totally rock for staying behind to mold the young minds. 8)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »
Yeah what's the big hurry with some of these districts this year?  Some of my friends are in the same boat with meetings starting on the 1st... shoot they just got out of school and now they're going back already?

The new district I am teaching at refuses to start until after the State Fair is over since so many kids are involved with that.

Thats a rarity now but I am sure it is highly valued by those families.  Especially with the steer show now being in the second week of the fair rather than the first weekend.

Good to know some schools still consider the rural lifestyle. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
August 17 is the hard date for Joplin to begin school.  I haven't heard yet about the teacher start date, but I have a two-hour training on the second.  I'm dreading all the tornado talk on opening day and any further crisis training they'll make us go through.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
Well I finally have my new room ready to go.  Still have another full week off before I have to report on the 22nd.  We get kids on the 24th.  Frankly, I'm ready to get in and back to a routine, but I'll force myself to enjoy another week off for summer.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »
well good luck with the new job/position shave!