Author Topic: 50th Logo  (Read 10780 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: 50th Logo
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Our tram announcer on the last visit mentioned the 50th and invited anyone with ideas to let them know.  I'll assume the ideas here will be suggested by the insiders here...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
I did not mind the logo- it surprised me a little- especially that there giving it a test run. . .not sure why they're releasing it early. 

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
I really like most of what happens at SDC.  Sure, I only have memories of the parks since the 80s, but I would hate for HFE to take away big production shows if it meant not seeing Dickens at Christmastime.  I like both the christmas festival and the fall festival a lot!  If HFE does read these boards, I guess I want them to know that I do like these things that some people seem to not like.  I like Worldfest.  I agree that Kid's Fest seems a little long, and the shows during Kid's Fest aren't my favorite shows, but I get a little nervous when people want to scrap festivals and big production shows.  My husband and I were just talking about why we come to SDC several times a year.  It's because they have a little bit of everything!  We love the thrill rides, shows, craft demos, shops, cave, and the whole experience of just walking through SDC.

I can't wait to see what the celebration holds.  I know we'll be there several times next year to see what happens. (The offer of the free Christmas ornament is too much for us to resist  :) .)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 05:27:10 PM »
The online times letter promises that the celebration is all about the patrons- wonder what that will include?

docspeleo

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Doc on Lantern Tour
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
Doc won't get out of my basement...try that for creepy!

hahaha that made me laugh out loud! lol
you weren't supposed to tell people that i'm hiding out there.. hahaha

I'm with ya on all those. And here's another: fly hot air balloons in the Cathedral Room of Marvel Cave.

I was telling my friend about how I'd missed seeing that by one day the last time they did it, and I thought "Oh hey, they should do that for the 50th celebration!"

Joy
from what i heard the balloons created quite a problem the last time they were brought in in 1994 so probably not going to happen. though i would love to have seen it
Former Cave Guide 2006-2011

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 08:51:03 PM »
I could see Doc in the basement right now...No literally I am looking in the window, and I can see him...I think he's giving a tour Steam!!! Lets listen in... ;D

"And here we have the shoe room, ..not because it is shaped like a shoe, but because it is filled with shoes, and at this point we are directly beneath the kitchen...and over here we have a very unique hot water heater formation being fed by those fragile copper colored stalagmites"

There isn't anyone on the tour, but I think I just overheard him say something about seeing the basement in total darkness before they take the 14 step return trip to the surface. :D

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »
Silver Dollar City's 50th Birthday Celebration - April 30 & May 1. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

docspeleo

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Doc on Lantern Tour
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:33 PM »
Silver Dollar City's 50th Birthday Celebration - April 30 & May 1. 

this is what i was afraid of as a SDC Fan.... a short celebration.. i wanna celebrate all year long!
Former Cave Guide 2006-2011

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »
Agreed. It should be all year long!

Sure, have something extra-special that weekend, but make all of 2010 the year to celebrate.

sdcforever

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:59 AM »
I agree it should be all year long, not just one weekend.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
They need a "Hall of History" somewhere at the city, at least for the 50th year.  I'm thinking Shad's cabin, that they foolishly turned into a nursing station, would be the ideal piece of history to showcase the event!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »
This is sad, but I think I may skip school April 30th so I can be there for both days of the celebration.

And I'm sure they have more planned than just those two days, but May 1 is the actual 50th anniversary, so I can see why they have a specific planned celebration for those two days. I'm sure things will be happening all year there to celebrate...

At least I hope so.

Joy

sdcforever

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »
I don't know if anyone's pointed this out, but SDC has a page for their 50th birthday party.  It has a schedule of events for April 30-May 2nd and mentions that the 50th anniversary is a yearlong celebration that begins that weekend.  Among the events are a couple of concerts by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils!

http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/offers-packages/default.aspx?id=301

sdcforever

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »
Springfield Business Journal has an article on the 50th celebration announcement from three weeks ago.  The park noted the plans for the celebration; among them are $50,000 in prize giveaways throughout the season and the opening of Tom and Huck's RiverBlast.  The most interesting thing in the whole article is one picture:  it depicts the layout for RiverBlast, which I believe we've never seen before.  Here's a link to the article:  http://sbj.net/main.asp?SectionID=18&SubSectionID=23&ArticleID=85758

Here's the photo for those of you who don't want to bother clicking away.  I can't get it any larger.  Perhaps those of you with more technical know-how can enlarge it. :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
^I'll get a photo of the plans Saturday.  They'll have the art board there at the presentations.
SWOOSH